What are you doing Pre-3.0?

I have a load of Slaanesh models to build but I want to until I see if Painbringers have come down in points in the GHB at all to decide how to build them... until then, I have Dexcessa to build and Drazhoath the Ashen to paint :)

• LOVE IT! 1

Back painting the endless tide of Savage Orruks i've had waiting for ages, just getting a bit burned out by them. I might make my third Mega and Kragnos whenever it turns up.

Trying to sell my Stormcast and maybe my Slaves to Darkness as i've not played them for ages. Any money from them will be going straight into Kruleboyz.

I've tried to keep up with the Warhammer Community, leaks, rumours and whatnot but until its all out any conjecture is a bit moot.

Trying to decide whether I should split the Dominion box for those sweet, sweet hobgrots. Not big Destro player, but if Chorfs are coming and could use Hobgrots, I could get into Kruleboyz waiting fot for that...

I'm also using my free time to read more AoS novels. I have a bunch I've not even touched and who'd waste these beautiful summer days by going o u t s i d e?!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Fred1245 said:

Playing other games. The DoK book was so uttely disappointing that I decided to wait out until 3rd to even try it.

If it's still bad in 3rd I'll see you guys in 3 years when they get another book.

Are you saying DoK is too strong or too weak? Because I know they are usually regarded as being in the top third of armies at the least, power-wise.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Trying to decide whether I should split the Dominion box for those sweet, sweet hobgrots. Not big Destro player, but if Chorfs are coming and could use Hobgrots, I could get into Kruleboyz waiting fot for that...

I'm also using my free time to read more AoS novels. I have a bunch I've not even touched and who'd waste these beautiful summer days by going o u t s i d e?!

Thats what im after the box for.

admittedly, if the pics above are anything to go by I can see it never getting opened- much like the copy of soul wars under the warshrine.

and what the hell am I doing with three copies of wrath and rapture anyway?!  I don’t even like daemons!

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm putting serious effort into building, painting and basing, so I will be as ready as possible for the dominion box.  I'm also trying to try out the battalions that I've always wanted to use before 3.0 comes along in case I can no longer use them in match play. I played 2500 points of the Omniscent Oracles the other day (Tzeentch) and it was loads of fun.  I might want to repeat that game.

8 hours ago, GutrotSpume said:

I’m sat here looking at 2 boxes of Dire Wolves wondering why didn’t I have more self control and wait till the new edition drops.

I’m telling myself that they will be fast to build (how many pieces can there be anyway?) and paint (spray chaos black and drybrush, drybrush, drybrush!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angela said:

I’m telling myself that they will be fast to build (how many pieces can there be anyway?) and paint (spray chaos black and drybrush, drybrush, drybrush!)

They are fairly fast to build, yeah. Only thing slowing them down is the layout of the sprues, which has no internal organization of any kind.

FWIW, I'm fine with both my boxes--they give options/bodies on objectives at the absolute worst, even if all the coherency doomsaying is correct. It's not like they were an offensive powerhouse unit to begin with.

avoiding the stupidity on social media that is repeating from when Unit Coherency changed in 40k.

Painting a Warsong Revenant.  

spending time with my family (GASP)

doing my job.

exercising

playing a musican instrument.

Trying to be positive and not get annoyed with stupid sweeping comments of doom

.... and waiting with anticipation and hoping I get my second covid shot real soon (I think still 5 weeks out) cause man I want to play so bad.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2021 at 1:13 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Are you saying DoK is too strong or too weak? Because I know they are usually regarded as being in the top third of armies at the least, power-wise.

They WERE one of the strongest armies, possibly even straight broken after Broken Realms Morathi. 

The new book nerfed Every. Single. Aspect of the army except bloodwrack shrines and Morathi herself and offered nothing in return.

It was a joke of a book that gets overlooked because it wasn't as bad as the Slaanesh rewrite was.

• Confused 1

Painting up warbands for skirmish games with a couple of projects in progress:

• Stargrave Pirate crew (Blackstone Fortress cultists)

• Big demon for Reign in Hell (Mierce miniature)

• Untamed Beasts for Warcry

IMG_20210609_102419.jpg.e88511ca4a9be4c0951883ce2c103368.jpgIMG_20210609_102436.jpg.308213f25aa73c125b91fc70e3410a5d.jpgIMG_20210602_224658.jpg.1e2e706bfeed9f9d289a8ba5a9ff969c.jpgIMG_20210602_224634.jpg.6b9086a7d51bef664e3553b45acd7ab7.jpg

Edited by MarkK
Added Pictures
  • Like 1

I've been slowly picking away at some Lumineth units. Very slowly. Mostly waiting for Dominion to drop, and then the eventual battletomes and expansions to both ranges. I have Stormcast and Warclans, so GW's getting all my money on this one. It's been a while since I was excited about Stormcast (my first and favorite army), so these are good times for me.

• Like 1

Dug out some of the eternal Stormcast backlog to get a few more painted before i remember i hate them again :D

Its really hard to get invested in "new army, new edition" after how wildly invested i got into buying (And stripping and rebuilding) Dwarfs for "Warhammer 9th" unfortunately. Low key traumatised probably, ho hum! 

No time to game right now, because I'm preparing for a professional certification exam, but I'll have a couple weeks before the new edition to put some work into my Necrons project. Mostly taking a casual approach so I don't burn out before the Dominion box comes out.

Got a new, larger desk, so my painting station and computer work are right next to each other, and boy howdy has that been useful for getting through my pile of grey shame ! I've taken a note from Goobertown Hobbies and have really just been painting whatever I feel like painting at that moment. In the last month, I've gotten through some Cursed City heroes and all the skeletons, did a whole squad of 10 Nurgle Chaos Warriors in a Vermintide II theme, painted a few Minas Tirith Knights, redid the shield on a SAGA Shieldmaiden Berserker to help celebrate Pride Month, and now I'm assembling a box of Frostgrave Cultists to be counts-as Nurgle Chaos Marauders, completed with musicians and icon bearers through clever use of old bitz and some bluestuff.

In my downtime at my day job, I've been revamping the Ironjawz lore so that they're like the old school Black Orcs with more of an equal balance of Brutal and Kunnin'. The Bonesplittaz take on the role of the Brutal Gorruks, and the Kruleboyz hold the role of Kunnin' Morruks as normal. I'm thinking that the Ironjawz come to similar conclusions regarding banners, musicians, and ordered ranks as da softies, but they want unit coherency so that they can maximise the number of fights they can get into! They figure if you pick a fight with the boy next to you while there's also softies to fight, then you're gonna have to choose between fighting one or the other at that moment - either way, you're only getting one good krumpin' out of it But if you have the opportunity to fight the softies first and then fight with the ladz afterwards, then that's two fights, one right after the other! Each unit of 'Ardboyz is like a combination of sports team and street gang, with their own colours and identity. You and da ladz hate that other lot of ladz in the next camp, but you'll both happily get together to fight that other lot of orruks wot stomp around just over da mountains, and you're all right fighting alongside those ladz from over da mountains if it means krumping some squats!

Oh, and of course, banging out lots of animation and in-engine work, and sending out a tonne of job applications! Got my fingers crossed for something very cool, hopefully, so we'll see how that works out.

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 2