AoS 3 New Rules Discussion

1 minute ago, Tobjen99 said:

There are a few rules that still confuse me. You can only get +1 or -1 to hit and wound. If I give a unit +1 to hit twice, basicaly +2 to hit, the enemy has noe debuffs to my hits i will get +1 to hit on those attacks. If however the enemy has -1 to hit and i have +2 to hit does that mean that i still get +1 to hit because math or does it mean that i get 0 to hit bonuses because it caps at +/- 1? 

Think of caps as maximum change possible. So first add all modifiers and then apply cap. So if you have +2 to hit modifier, and enemy gives -1 it's +1 net.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, peasant said:

It was so Broken.

16 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

Whatever the reason, I am glad to see it go (assuming it really is going). It was so stupid. 

Balewinds power was 100% a pointing problem, and not a warscroll problem. 40 points for an extra spellcast and extra range on your spells was a steal. It should've been 70+ points and it would've be fine.

Its insanity they never bothered to increase the points on it.

Wow, so looking at Yndrasta's warscroll, BoC and BoK (and let's face it, anyone with a monster heavy army) has just been seriously nerfed by this hero. I mean... A Cygor with no wounds allocated to it has its horn attacks halved just by being 3" from her. Man, against monsters she's 300 points well spent, considering she'll probably take down most 400-500 pt monsters in her stride.

image.png.daebd4e242b8bbf4a34ff2d628beb7ea.png

Edited by Mcthew
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Wow, so looking at Yndrasta's warscroll, BoC and BoK (and let's face it, anyone with a monster heavy army) has just been seriously nerfed by this hero. I mean... A Cygor with no wounds allocated to it has its horn attacks halved just by being 3" from her. Man, against monsters she's 300 points well spent, considering she'll probably take down most 400-500 pt monsters in her stride.

She combos insanely well with the Praetors?(bodyguards) since she can pass wounds off to them, and resurrect dead ones.

Most of the command abilities to use the top bracket will ignore her effect, but those abilities are fairly rare. I really like her.

20 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

At least Skarbrand as a good niche against her :P Sigvald isn't half bad against her either.

I quite like the warscroll - I'd like to see more focused (but not too niche) warscrolls

31 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Wow, so looking at Yndrasta's warscroll, BoC and BoK (and let's face it, anyone with a monster heavy army) has just been seriously nerfed by this hero.

Ouch, yeah that's really nasty. I'm very glad I have a command ability available to make one of my monsters fight at its top profile regardless of wounds, and loads more command points available to use it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

Errrr, guys, a sudden realization - an unrendable 1+ save is gone. There are no words about saves not being able to go down to less that 1. Bye-bye Bastilladons.

I was confused on that entire argument because I never found where it said dice rolls cannot go below 1.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mcthew said:

Except Mangler Squigs that she might inadvertently make better 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeblasky said:

Errrr, guys, a sudden realization - an unrendable 1+ save is gone. There are no words about saves not being able to go down to less that 1. Bye-bye Bastilladons.

That s one of the first thing I checked when the core rules were released. Good riddance. Some armies with no mortal wounds had no answer to it when all the seraphon players in my area would take two,it was 100% unintended despited gws faq saying the opposite and was way too complicated to explain to new players why it worked that way

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, azdimy said:

That s one of the first thing I checked when the core rules were released. Good riddance. Some armies with no mortal wounds had no answer to it when all the seraphon players in my area would take two,it was 100% unintended despited gws faq saying the opposite and was way too complicated to explain to new players why it worked that way

Not to worry, we'll get 0+ save one day too x)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Which armies don't have access to Stomp and Arcane Bolt?

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Which armies don't have access to Stomp and Arcane Bolt?

I think "no access to a reasonable amount of mortal wounds" might be more accurate - nobody wants to try killing a 10 wound beast with just Arcane Bolts and a monster slap. 

1 minute ago, Freejack02 said:

I think "no access to a reasonable amount of mortal wounds" might be more accurate - nobody wants to try killing a 10 wound beast with just Arcane Bolts and a monster slap. 

You don't need to kill a Bastiladon with mortal wounds, you just needed to reduce it to its first bracket (3+ wounds) to change the save to 2+ and make it Rendable.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You don't need to kill a Bastiladon with mortal wounds, you just needed to reduce it to its first bracket (3+ wounds) to change the save to 2+ and make it Rendable.

It was not always possible for some factions to do properly. And even when you could do it, Seraphon could still heal Bastiladon back up, if you would not kill him in a single turn. Not a fun time.

Now though 1+ save is pretty much there to only ignore -1 rend, which is fine I'd guess.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghoooouls said:

Core rules page 12 under 'modifiers'

14 in the paper version. Thanks. Bad place to put it ('Dice' section would have been the best spot). Seems weird to have that as a limit when on the page across we define a '-' save as a 7+ save, unachieveable except under circumstances.

Edited by Fairbanks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Good luck getting any spell through playing against Seraphon and Stomp did not exist in AoS 2.0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Looks like there are new 'coalition' rules that are less limiting than allies rules for units that are very close to your faction - so things like Khorne-marked Chaos Warriors in a Blades of Khorne army.

Problem is they lose the "battleline" keyword for the Chaos warriors making them inherently less useful. Still possible to use them though

More Grand Strategies and Battle Tactics.

Lumineth will take Prized Sorcery as a Grand Strategy because it's 'as long as any of your WIZARDS are still alive at the end of the game' and that's literally almost every single unit in their army so... why would you not?

Edit: Lots of the Battle Tactics also have extra bonuses if you do them with a Monster.

Edited by Acrozatarim