AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Am I ever going to need a Murknob with Belcha-Banner?  Planning on using the banner from the one I got in my Dominion set to kitbash a Beastboss on Squiagasaur as I’ll be playing my Orks sooner than my Kruleboyz.  But they’re going cheap on eBay right now so would be easy to replace so if I’m gonna regret not having one later seems like now’s the time to lock in the replacement.

1 hour ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

Am I ever going to need a Murknob with Belcha-Banner?  Planning on using the banner from the one I got in my Dominion set to kitbash a Beastboss on Squiagasaur as I’ll be playing my Orks sooner than my Kruleboyz.  But they’re going cheap on eBay right now so would be easy to replace so if I’m gonna regret not having one later seems like now’s the time to lock in the replacement.

I use my belcha banna in my list, many don’t use him because while many want him it can be hard to fit the 95 point cost, but a 5+ spell ward is quite decent.

You are right though, this model is very cheap seen the thing as low as $4 so to replace it or buy simply just for the conversion is probably no sweat off your back.

Edited by Sivyre

Had my first game with the Boyz against Seraphon. Several stegadons plus Kroak.

Did not go very well! He was able to shoot/spell blast my Sludgeraker and Swampcalla off the board before they could do anything. Kroak is nasty!

Think I'll need the second Swampcalla next time...

1 hour ago, Stux said:

Had my first game with the Boyz against Seraphon. Several stegadons plus Kroak.

Did not go very well! He was able to shoot/spell blast my Sludgeraker and Swampcalla off the board before they could do anything. Kroak is nasty!

Think I'll need the second Swampcalla next time...

Egomaniak might be worth consideration if you can also fit in the fodder.

But this heavy magic scenario is why I drag along belcha banna, anything to help stave off those spells.

I use both those methods because sludgraker is just so important I also might take it too far in also giving mine arcane tome for access to mystic shield.

Edited by Sivyre

5 hours ago, Beliman said:

Dobbie has gained Kruleboyz keyword and the Kunnin'Crew is in the App:

Reveal hidden contents

Kunnin_Krew_leader.jpg.dace24c8fdec90e65ad03fd04f55a039.jpgKunnin_Krew.jpg.7d9332f990965d4b495269e5e7fbc0b7.jpg

his rules actually look rather good and his melee profile is actually not that bad. Points are reasonable aswell. 

GW def didn’t put the intern on this one.

Edited by Sivyre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sivyre said:

I have no update available for my app so I cannot see these changes or addition for mannok.

but his rules actually look rather good and his melee profile is actually not that bad. Points are reasonable aswell. 

GW def didn’t put the intern on this one.

Nope, I smell intern. 

Mannock doesn't have the Kruleboyz Orruk keyword, so venom encrusted weapons does nothing for him. So his ability to give him mortals on 5+ is pointless

Edit: the warscroll does look cool though, I like his bodyguards rule. Plus the model is badass!

Edit 2: I might be wrong! Has the ruling for the venom weapons changed?

Edited by Xs_0013

36 minutes ago, Xs_0013 said:

Nope, I smell intern. 

Mannock doesn't have the Kruleboyz Orruk keyword, so venom encrusted weapons does nothing for him. So his ability to give him mortals on 5+ is pointless

Edit: the warscroll does look cool though, I like his bodyguards rule. Plus the model is badass!

you may have overlooked it but he does have the kruleboyz keyword.

in his warscroll he has 5+ To VEW Built in so that’s also a nice addition. 

For 170 points he’s quite decent

Edited by Sivyre
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

I hope that the underworld warband comes out separately, definitely don't wanna buy the full underworld box.

Unfortunately, It probably be a year or two before it happen (most likely after season 6 is completed and Season 7 starts)

10 hours ago, Xs_0013 said:

Nope, I smell intern. 

I’m not sure where you’re looking, but he’s definitely a KRULEBOYZ ORRUK in the app.

Pretty expensive, but also pretty good, these fellas. 

In the back of my mind there was also an army list that was like 10 points beyond 2k, so these guys might do the trick =D

Also, question my fellow git-slavers.

One big unit of 20 Gutrippaz & 2 units of 6 Boltboyz each

or

Two big units of 20 Gutrippaz & 1 bit unit of 9 Bolzboyz? 

Have we made progress on this important topic?

Edited by Rachmani

4 hours ago, Rachmani said:

In the back of my mind there was also an army list that was like 10 points beyond 2k, so these guys might do the trick =D

or

0-1 10x gutrippaz,

2-3 6x boltboyz,

0-1 3x boltboyz,

as many hobgrot screens as you can fit.

Gutrippaz are just overcosted at the moment, and their durability comes from just being a lot of wounds, and hobgrots are cheaper as wounds so if you don't need to fill battleline you're better off with the hobgrot screens imo.
You can make gutrippaz do some decent damage if you buff them up with poisons and elixirs and a sludgeraker, but you're putting a lot of resources into it, and its very easy to disrupt since you can't use poisons and elixirs if the gutrippaz are already in combat, so the moment they get stuck in you'll struggle to ever reapply the buff to them. 

I'm not sure why, but for some reason GW has taxed "having lots of wounds in a unit" really heavily this edition in their calculations. Gutrippaz at 180, savage orruks at 165, (meanwhile 10 ardboyz are 170 with a 4+/6++ and rallying on a 4+).

Also I think 9x boltboyz is a trap. They're good, but putting that many fragile points in the same place is asking for trouble imo.

I'm planning on running 2x20 gutrippaz and only 1x3 boltboyz in my list though, but its not a competitive list.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rachmani said:

or

As much as I am in love with the idea of 2 x 20 guttrippaz with 9 boltboyz, while it can be done it might have you alter the list as a whole to make it fit. This accounts for 1080 points of the army, sauce in a sludgeraker you’re now at 1385 and sauce in a minimum of 1 shaman you’re at 1500.

This is an uncomfortable spot depending how you want to fill the last 500 points. 

Reason i say it’s uncomfortable is because things like KB, screens of grotts, beast-skewer, belcha banna, 2nd shaman, vulcha’s, and mirebrute which point for point is than 10 guttrippaz are still omitted from the list.

It’s not to say it cannot be done it just depends on what you want and what you are willing to forego.

Edited by Sivyre

I think that if you look at the points a lot is possible but has to be tested. K have been getting good results against my tournament buddies with a off Beat list.

I started this army next to my giants. K play a big blog of 30 rippas and two squad of 6 bolt boys as basic and a sludgeraker and then fill it up. Has been very effective. The mortal wound output is good and they stay alive.

• Like 1