AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 hour ago, Fuchur said:

Question, do you think there is a place for the rogue idol in a competitive KB list? Maybe  with Supa Sneaky?

At the moment I think it’s too expensive considering all the other units prices and what you need. Maybe with further testing that may change.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LandonGolds said:

If you aren’t using the other Hobgrot Slittaz Musician’s horn, you can easily strap it onto the back of one of the Gutrippaz or try putting it in their hand.

yeah this is what ive done, just strapped it to his waist, it looks decent, struggled a bit more with banner dudes, but ive found a workaround that will do the trick. 

On 10/4/2021 at 2:56 AM, Fuchur said:

Question, do you think there is a place for the rogue idol in a competitive KB list? Maybe  with Supa Sneaky?

I'm not a fan but one was in the in Orruk Warclan lists that took top 10 in New Orleans this past weekend. So they clearly have legs.

My main issue is that a Mega Gargant is like 65-95pts more and offers a lot more survivability and damage output. The Mega mercenaries are so good actually that I am having a hard time NOT bringing them in several of my factions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rachmani said:

Not sure if anyone posted that here, I found it in the IJ thread. So @PlasticCraic thanks a lot for that, I think it‘s a super interesting read.

https://plasticcraic.blog/2021/09/24/battletome-orruk-warclans-kruleboyz-with-corey-papinniemi/

Nice article but very weird ending with all these explanations and going over a new army to end on the note of leaving warhammer for a while. Guess the list is not all that fun ;) 

As expected Kruleboyz needs to fish for MWs to do their thing, at least the list provided here seems to make good use of Gutrippaz. Also not taking a Sloggoth is probably a good call, Kruleboyz do not really need the +1 to hit.

I still think the Boltboyz will crumble to some setups, bow snakes, sentinels etc will be able to teleport or outrange them, even with a 5+ ward from artifact, they will probably die and give the opponent little reason to engage the slow gutrippaz. The examples against ironjawz and gargants is really where this list wants to play though and I can see it working. 

Will be interested in seeing where they end up in the meta though, they got some of the tools present at the top, such as mortal wound spamming to not care about the ave stacking at all as well as ranged pressure. On the flip side they are very fragile and it seems they can quickly snowball one way or the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smash said:

If I have amulet of destiny on Breaka boss on mirebrute, and use breaka-harnes. Do i get extra attacks for mortals negated by the amulet? 

I've seen arguments both ways. I think you do, as you get the attacks when 'suffering' the wounds, which happens before negation.

But... this really needs an FAQ to be certain.

Edited by Stux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smash said:

If I have amulet of destiny on Breaka boss on mirebrute, and use breaka-harnes. Do i get extra attacks for mortals negated by the amulet? 

1 minute ago, Stux said:

I've arguments both ways. I think you do, as you get the attacks when 'suffering' the wounds, which happens before negation.

Most effects like this either the wounds can't be negated, or you don't get the bonus if you negate them. It would be strange if it wasn't the case here.

57 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Most effects like this either the wounds can't be negated, or you don't get the bonus if you negate them. It would be strange if it wasn't the case here.

Agreed. It doesn't really make sense for the fluff of it either, if the Troll isn't hurt it isn't enraged etc.

11 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Nice article but very weird ending with all these explanations and going over a new army to end on the note of leaving warhammer for a while. Guess the list is not all that fun ;) 

As expected Kruleboyz needs to fish for MWs to do their thing, at least the list provided here seems to make good use of Gutrippaz. Also not taking a Sloggoth is probably a good call, Kruleboyz do not really need the +1 to hit.

I still think the Boltboyz will crumble to some setups, bow snakes, sentinels etc will be able to teleport or outrange them, even with a 5+ ward from artifact, they will probably die and give the opponent little reason to engage the slow gutrippaz. The examples against ironjawz and gargants is really where this list wants to play though and I can see it working. 

Will be interested in seeing where they end up in the meta though, they got some of the tools present at the top, such as mortal wound spamming to not care about the ave stacking at all as well as ranged pressure. On the flip side they are very fragile and it seems they can quickly snowball one way or the other.

I think he presents some really good cases for why we should not overlook Gutrippaz. And why pure Boltboys might be a trap. So yeah, bottom line is that it'll be super interesting where the army ends up in the meta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stux said:

I've seen arguments both ways. I think you do, as you get the attacks when 'suffering' the wounds, which happens before negation.

I agree with this, the wounds are still "suffered" before they are negated but FAQ is necessary for sure.

34 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I think he presents some really good cases for why we should not overlook Gutrippaz. And why pure Boltboys might be a trap. So yeah, bottom line is that it'll be super interesting where the army ends up in the meta.

I actually took his advice on board tonight and ran two units of 20 Gutrippaz instead of Boltboyz screened by hobgrots.  Personally,  I felt like this list had a lot more stay in power had things not gone my way, and pushing out of my territory was a lot easier once my units had dealt with the initial charges in turn 1. Besides that, kicking out that Kruleboyz Waaagh definitely helped reduce the damage I could have potentially taken, too. It's certainly made me rethink the direction I want to go when buying more stuff for the army. 

Edited by Rotbinger
Typo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tangjuicebox said:

I agree with this, the wounds are still "suffered" before they are negated but FAQ is necessary for sure.

No. A model suffers a wound or mortal wound after it is negated to it, so:

- if you negate it, you don't suffer it so don't get the bonus

-i think you actually have to skip any ward save but I'm not sure

I know it cause, as a nighthaunt player as first army, I know that reikenor's ability works like this (it was faqed 1 year or more ago). 

Hello BTW, new orruk player, mainly lurker to get new ideas from the hive mind😬

3 hours ago, Fabbbio said:

No. A model suffers a wound or mortal wound after it is negated to it, so:

- if you negate it, you don't suffer it so don't get the bonus

-i think you actually have to skip any ward save but I'm not sure

I know it cause, as a nighthaunt player as first army, I know that reikenor's ability works like this (it was faqed 1 year or more ago). 

Hello BTW, new orruk player, mainly lurker to get new ideas from the hive mind😬

one of us, one of us, also welcome and im pretty sure the faq your talking about is this exact situation so im tempted to believe this over most anything else.

14 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Has anyone of you a picture of the multipart Gutrippaz Boss with wicked stikka?

So far I have only seen the one with two short "hakkas" or the one from Dominion

I haven't see it, but I know the spears are included in the set. I'd imagine the main part of the model will be the same, with the weapon and shield being the only difference.  

• Thanks 1

So on Friday should finally be able to pick up my Warclans Tome (took awhile to ship and than my store was closed last week for operator’s vacation).  Excited for all the options available but particularly excited to start a Kruelboyz centered Path to Glory.  Hoping to use it to build into a full 2K Kruelboyz list.   

Any recommendations on which boss varieties to focus on?  Believe we’re starting at smallest PtG size.

At that size they‘re all good. I think the Killaboss on foot is a steal for what he provides, but Shaman & Sludgeraker are very synergistic. Maybe the banner is the one I‘d skip for now.

So at that size I‘d go for Killaboss on foot &/or a shaman. 

Edited by Rachmani
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

So on Friday should finally be able to pick up my Warclans Tome (took awhile to ship and than my store was closed last week for operator’s vacation).  Excited for all the options available but particularly excited to start a Kruelboyz centered Path to Glory.  Hoping to use it to build into a full 2K Kruelboyz list.   

Any recommendations on which boss varieties to focus on?  Believe we’re starting at smallest PtG size.

For a fun path to glory campaign I might go for Breaka Boss on Mirebrute, it is rather cheap at 180 for what it does and looks awesome. Sludgeraker is the absolute best choice always, but might be less "friendly". The +1 MW effect from the sludgeraker is just such a crazy force multiplier no Kruleboyz list at 1k+ should be without it (if power/efficiency is of any concern of course).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

For a fun path to glory campaign I might go for Breaka Boss on Mirebrute, it is rather cheap at 180 for what it does and looks awesome. Sludgeraker is the absolute best choice always, but might be less "friendly". The +1 MW effect from the sludgeraker is just such a crazy force multiplier no Kruleboyz list at 1k+ should be without it (if power/efficiency is of any concern of course).

This is what I'm doing. Going to start with BB, a shaman, 10 rippaz and 3 boltboyz and then go from there! We are starting at 600pts and I wanted to focus on variety. Might do Skullbugz for fun.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, Rachmani said:

Not sure if anyone posted that here, I found it in the IJ thread. So @PlasticCraic thanks a lot for that, I think it‘s a super interesting read.

https://plasticcraic.blog/2021/09/24/battletome-orruk-warclans-kruleboyz-with-corey-papinniemi/

Wow fantastic article. Really makes me re-assess Gutrippaz. His comments regarding his approach to high level competitive play are a bit off-putting, but i can't help but admire his credentials. 

I always preach to my newbies that top table level play will burn you out, and him leaving the game for a while seems to support that theory. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sivyre said:

Haha how hard was it to fit the ghoul?

Not too bad! Didn't take any reposing, just had to stick the arms on while he was already in the cage hah

Also the cage isn't glued together yet. Going to paint it first so I can get the angles more easily.