Jump to content

AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion


Newtype_Zero
 Share

Recommended Posts

Age of Sigmar page on Facebook is offering apologies to people complaining about no BT pre-order, saying it's still something to do with pandemic and plans are changing, but it will be here "soon" apparently the WarCom article that mentions August pre-order has also been changed to show "soon". 

This shadiness of not telling people what is going on, especially after the shenanigans pulled with Cursed City is sus to say the least. Just be honest and open with your customers, we actually understand that sometimes things don't work out as expected, but don't go radio silent about it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Age of Sigmar page on Facebook is offering apologies to people complaining about no BT pre-order, saying it's still something to do with pandemic and plans are changing, but it will be here "soon" apparently the WarCom article that mentions August pre-order has also been changed to show "soon". 

This shadiness of not telling people what is going on, especially after the shenanigans pulled with Cursed City is sus to say the least. Just be honest and open with your customers, we actually understand that sometimes things don't work out as expected, but don't go radio silent about it. 

Whelp apologies and defenses are done for now. Honestly it feels like they spent to much time peddling Warhammer plus and all its ****** and pushed us out of the way for it. I'm sick of getting Warhammer plus updates cause few if anybody I know or play with want anything to do with it. I would've ignored it fully if I hadn't seen a megaboss. I wanted to believe gw could keep to their schedule but it appears they can't. I'm more frustrated with the load of side projects jumping in front of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

Whelp apologies and defenses are done for now. Honestly it feels like they spent to much time peddling Warhammer plus and all its ****** and pushed us out of the way for it. I'm sick of getting Warhammer plus updates cause few if anybody I know or play with want anything to do with it. I would've ignored it fully if I hadn't seen a megaboss. I wanted to believe gw could keep to their schedule but it appears they can't. I'm more frustrated with the load of side projects jumping in front of us.

I understand the frustration, and GW's lack of transparency is annoying, but putting your feelings onto Warhammer+ is unwarranted, as the delay is probably due too production issues with the battletomes coming from China.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the SCE Gryph article today:

While we’d previously hoped you’d be poring over pages of gryph-based content in the new Stormcast Eternals battletome this month, not even Sigmar’s chosen are immune to the ongoing global disruption. Rest assured that the Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Warclans battletomes will both be available to pre-order in September.

Available to pre-order probably could mean could mean any saturday from 4 to 25... lets hope this time they don't edit the article like they did with the August estimate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soooo... I'm thinking of not getting the Battletome straight away( whenever it may drop). I have the Dominion half and I will totes get some big beasties at some point, but my Boyz aren't likely to see the table much any time soon so I'm not too keen to invest in everything. 

Honestly I'm a little worried that there will be a 2nd wave of models along with a newer BT. LRL style. How likely do we think this will happen? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Xs_0013 said:

Soooo... I'm thinking of not getting the Battletome straight away( whenever it may drop). I have the Dominion half and I will totes get some big beasties at some point, but my Boyz aren't likely to see the table much any time soon so I'm not too keen to invest in everything. 

Honestly I'm a little worried that there will be a 2nd wave of models along with a newer BT. LRL style. How likely do we think this will happen? 

 

Personally I think the LRL split was a defensive move from GW rather than a deliberate strategy and thus unlikely to repeat, the first battletome felt half-baked and gave indication that more should have been there but was cut out last minute (e.g. lack of non-wizard generic heroes). Also they now have their work cut out for the next 2years or so bringing all 25+ (or how many there are) teams into 3.0 so I would find it a bit strange if they plan to squeeze in another version of these two in the near future.. but who knows, if the "LRL-model" was boosting sales, you could speculate its the new distribution model I guess..

If anything I think its more probable that we get another single unit or hero out of cycle, e.g. cavalry or something (as many are hoping for) in a year or so, but that wouldn't invalidate the book getting released now in the same way the LRL book fundamentally changed that army as it added so much new stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xs_0013 said:

Soooo... I'm thinking of not getting the Battletome straight away( whenever it may drop). I have the Dominion half and I will totes get some big beasties at some point, but my Boyz aren't likely to see the table much any time soon so I'm not too keen to invest in everything. 

Honestly I'm a little worried that there will be a 2nd wave of models along with a newer BT. LRL style. How likely do we think this will happen? 

 

I think ill buy the battletome/warscrolls (for future proofing) and fluff but I am not going to be buying any models until it's clear the rules are decent. I think you are being very optimistic that they intend to release anything else for destruction in regards to Kruleboyz. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Xs_0013 said:

Soooo... I'm thinking of not getting the Battletome straight away( whenever it may drop). I have the Dominion half and I will totes get some big beasties at some point, but my Boyz aren't likely to see the table much any time soon so I'm not too keen to invest in everything. 

Honestly I'm a little worried that there will be a 2nd wave of models along with a newer BT. LRL style. How likely do we think this will happen? 

 

IF this happens I have doubts it's more for kruleboyz. IF they did this I'd say it would be expanding the ij and bs lines rather then much more for kb. Lrl had 2 reason I feel it was done, the defensive stance as stated above, and as a narrative play for broken realms. I feel the chances of kruleboyz getting much more at this point is second to none. I would on the other hand love to see new ij and bs units and would happily just buy another book if that happened. Honestly though I don't believe that the lrl battletome is a normal thing and I don't think it'll be seen much if at all again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, papary said:

honestly, not sure why they dont just update the perfectly fine, working app they have for aos now.

Sure, I agree the current app for AoS is great, but they want to bring it in line with the 40K app. In fact they want to copy pasta it’s system. This is a lot easier to do when you copy pasta the system in a new app compared to an older existing system. They want everything of their ecosystem to be connected to your MyWarhammer account. Webstore, Forgeworld, Black Library, 40K app and the new AoS app. You have a library which is part of your MyWarhammer acc. When you unlock something on your account, it will be able to be recognized by all connected sources. Most likely they will bring the “here’s a code in the back of your battletome for a free digital unlock” to the new app, which will probably unlock all the rules besides warscrolls on the new AoS app. Because of all these reasons, is why.

Edited by That Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

Sure, I agree the current app for AoS is great, but they want to bring it in line with the 40K app. In fact they want to copy pasta it’s system. This is a lot easier to do when you copy pasta the system in a new app compared to an older existing system. They want everything of their ecosystem to be connected to your MyWarhammer account. Webstore, Forgeworld, Black Library, 40K app and the new AoS app. You have a library which is part of your MyWarhammer acc. When you unlock something on your account, it will be able to be recognized by all connected sources. Most likely they will bring the “here’s a code in the back of your battletome for a free digital unlock” to the new app, which will probably unlock all the rules besides warscrolls on the new AoS app. Because of all these reasons, is why.

I mean, it makes total sense, I imagine they’re paying peanuts to the devs so I can’t say I’m expecting it to work Like you’re suggesting be good if it did though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

I think ill buy the battletome/warscrolls (for future proofing) and fluff but I am not going to be buying any models until it's clear the rules are decent. I think you are being very optimistic that they intend to release anything else for destruction in regards to Kruleboyz. 

I think i will buy the battletome too mainly for updated rules for ironjawz and bonesplitterz and to read Kruleboyz rules and fluff. But I will wait to buy any further Kruleboyz models until entire figure is clear. No cavalry units and just 2 battleline units worry me for an army which is not well designed.

 

Last but not least : the army release has been badly handled by GW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think i will buy the battletome too mainly for updated rules for ironjawz and bonesplitterz and to read Kruleboyz rules and fluff. But I will wait to buy any further Kruleboyz models until entire figure is clear. No cavalry units and just 2 battleline units worry me for an army which is not well designed.

 

Last but not least : the army release has been badly handled by GW.

I'm sure someone said this already but Kruleboyz just feel a bit random currently. Like they have thrown a bunch of cool models together but without the rules they all seem little cobbled together rather than a proper army. Bring on dem rules...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some news rules from the warhammer+ battle report:

Spoiler

"Grinning blades" sub allegiance - 1st round can't be target by enemy models >12" away.

"Spiker seed" artefact - Once per game, when an enemy unit finish a charge move 6" away, roll a dice for each model in that unit and does mortals on each 5+.

I Suspect that the grinning blades subfaction will be the one with the box art color scheme.

A side note, they released the Warcry fighter cards for the Kruleboyz today and you have cards for all the Dominion models + the alternative build for the Boltboyz/Guttripaz. They SCE cards have all the models as well. They don't tend to release those more than once, so If anyone is still expecting some new no monster units this is a good indicator that there is nothing more.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching the Warhammer+ Battle Report on Dominion, they call it a matched play game and yet totally ignore that you need 2 Battleline units and the Orruks only have one in the Gutrippas, and didn't use the Big Yellers sub faction so don't even get the Battleline Boltboyz unless I missed something...... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Watching the Warhammer+ Battle Report on Dominion, they call it a matched play game and yet totally ignore that you need 2 Battleline units and the Orruks only have one in the Gutrippas, and didn't use the Big Yellers sub faction so don't even get the Battleline Boltboyz unless I missed something...... 

And just today I read someone claiming that GW's 'official' battle reports on Warhammer+ would probably be better than those players and gaming clubs published for free... Sadly that assumption ignores the fact that every bit of content on Warhammer+ is less service for fans and more of an additional marketing tool. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Watching the Warhammer+ Battle Report on Dominion, they call it a matched play game and yet totally ignore that you need 2 Battleline units and the Orruks only have one in the Gutrippas, and didn't use the Big Yellers sub faction so don't even get the Battleline Boltboyz unless I missed something...... 

Did they use Hobgrotz? Its possible they count as battleline in a Kruleboyz allegiance (or in the Grinning Blades sub allegiance) and they didn't told us this yet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Did they use Hobgrotz? Its possible they count as battleline in a Kruleboyz allegiance (or in the Grinning Blades sub allegiance) and they didn't told us this yet.

That would actually make a lot of sense, since there's probably also no Hobgrot leader coming to make them Battleline. So Grinning Blades could be played as more of a swarmy horde army that gets a little protection in turn 1.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

They did, however, when picking their Grand Strategy mentioned that they chose the one where they need to keep their Battleline alive, and in that report the unit singled out as being the only one to be able to achieve it was the Gutrippas. 

So they explicitly said just the Gutrippas counted as battleline (at the start of the game or at a point in the game they had hobgrtoz alive as well)? Sorry for bothering asking about those details here, I don't have access to the report...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

So they explicitly said just the Gutrippas counted as battleline (at the start of the game or at a point in the game they had hobgrtoz alive as well)? Sorry for bothering asking about those details here, I don't have access to the report...

Yes, when talking about Grand Strategy they explicitly stated they needed to keep the Gutrippas alive to score it. 

I don't doubt that it's a demo game to show off the contents of Dominion, however, they could have easily just called it Narrative or Open Play rather than Matched Play and not worried about the fact people might notice the Orruk list was not actually legal in that kind of game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...