Jump to content

AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion


Newtype_Zero
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, PlayerJ said:

I'm curious what the musician, banner, and champion will add to gutrippaz

Speculation time!!!

Musician- retreat and charge 

Banner- reroll battleshock tests

Champion- +1 attack, poison mortal    proc on a 5+ stock. 

 

And im thinking about a msu of hobgrots behind a 20 block of Gutrippaz with spears to toss grenades over their heads instead of the general spead bump approach thats seems to be their general thought on usage. And if not needed they can fall back onto objectives. 

Good combo or nay, says you?

 

 

Also if anyone didnt see it in the rumors thread...

In the pics from the recent rules preview we can see a second champion head option from the multipart boltboys kit and what appeared to be a drummer option alongside the horn in the multipart gutrippaz kit. 

20210728_132357.jpg.d09a67b9e2adeaec0937df18e8a7ba38.jpg

20210728_132423.jpg.dd9e37cafc258709ed8184e590a1cefe.jpg

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Speculation time!!!

Musician- retreat and charge 

Banner- reroll battleshock tests

Champion- +1 attack, poison mortal    proc on a 5+ stock. 

 

And im thinking about a msu of hobgrots behind a 20 block of Gutrippaz with spears to toss grenades over their heads instead of the general spead bump approach thats seems to be their general thought on usage. And if not needed they can fall back onto objectives. 

Good combo or nay, says you?

My guesses would be:

Musician- +1 to run and charge roles

Banner- reroll bravery

Champions- as seen in dominion, +1 attack and can use command abilities

 

I find it's better to have boltboyz behind the gutrippaz, for a bundle of reasons. The boltboyz get a decent screen and the gutrippaz have a better chance of mitigating being charged if you unleash hell, additionally, the boltboyz are better at clearing out anything that the gutrippaz get in combat with. It also means if you keep a swampcalla near them then it has 2 good units to use its ability on, especially when the gutrippas get into combat and can't be given any poison/elixir. 

I have actually found the hobgrotz to be reasonable decent, especially in a group of 20. In my matches they have almost taken down Yndrasta while keeping her tied up almost all game, and they have the benefit of being completely underestimated. I've found if you run and shoot with them every turn while pushing up with the rest of your gutrippaz and boltboyz, then you opponent might just ignore them to focus on your more threatening orruk force; then you use the hobgrotz to take out their backline objective holders.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Wee Boy 

Just a concept, knocked him up in about 40 mins or so.

His bros will need some more green/orange accents to make them look more like their older siblings, black armour dosent work, but it's more or less there I think

20210729_231417.jpg

20210729_231452.jpg

20210729_231506.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going for a swamp sickly look for my Boyz. I want them to appear as if they are just emerging from a bog, emaciated and weak, sneaking up on some unsuspecting lost traveller's who were lured from the only safe path by the twinkling of the yellow eyes on the boyz shields. 

IMG_20210730_193612-01.jpeg

IMG_20210730_193606-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20210730_193557-01.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like hobgrots aren't going to shine as chaff as they are too many points for the role. As skirmishers though, much better. They can run up flanks to grab objectives with numbers and still shoot. But I also feel like spending the points on more gutrippaz or boltboyz is a more effective way to go. MWs on 6s to hit is just really powerful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

I feel like hobgrots aren't going to shine as chaff as they are too many points for the role. As skirmishers though, much better. They can run up flanks to grab objectives with numbers and still shoot. But I also feel like spending the points on more gutrippaz or boltboyz is a more effective way to go. MWs on 6s to hit is just really powerful.

2 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Would have been nice if they were designed like gutter runners and some kind of  utility from the grenade. Squads of 5 would be interesting. 

It would be interesting if we get a ambush like allegiance ability (similar to the living cities or beasts of chaos one) that also work on them. 85 points for a ambush unit would be something interesting to have even if they do very little damage wise. Other than that, if the end counting as battleline would also be something interesting IMO, as they would be the cheapest body per points we have and would let us focus more on the monsters (if they are on the expensive side). They don't need much more I think, just one right rule would help a lot.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

It would be interesting if we get a ambush like allegiance ability (similar to the living cities or beasts of chaos one) that also work on them. 85 points for a ambush unit would be something interesting to have even if they do very little damage wise. Other than that, if the end counting as battleline would also be something interesting IMO, as they would be the cheapest body per points we have and would let us focus more on the monsters (if they are on the expensive side). They don't need much more I think, just one right rule would help a lot.

 

I personally feel like they are missing really important elements and I'm already planning my projects to remedy this. Including warscrolls and such :

Light  small round base grot cavalry designed for skirmishes and harassment poke for other units to get the edge

Medium basic cavalry  with orruk riders, average fast hammer, but better mount attacks than average horses.  

40-50mm base solo tall  troll like creatures that focus on snatching vulnerable elites

40mm Trained vultures that focus on finishing enemy units that are already weakened. weak otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They fit their themes well enough to leave  them out from kruleboyz, I'm trying to create a personalized identity because I feel it is  lacking in several divisions I wont be expecting fixed in the book. Not to discourage anyone from getting stuff, always be aware of your own purchases. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

using Hobgrotz i find that having the extra bodies at that price is pretty useful and they serve the chaff role just fine. especially if they are near the Killaboss's battleshock ability since it works on them which if they don't get completed wipe out, they can stay on the board for one more round usually.

their run and shoots and lobbing grenades at the enemy is fun to use and probably the biggest strength they have

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, Vasshpit said:

Speculation time!!!

Musician- retreat and charge 

Banner- reroll battleshock tests

Champion- +1 attack, poison mortal    proc on a 5+ stock. 

 

Musician- count the number of enemy units within 12" and roll a d6. If the result is higher than the number of enemy units you get +1 to charge. 

 

Banner- roll 2d6 and subtract 1 for every enemy unit within 12", and -2 for every enemy unit within 3", if the result is higher than your leadership add 1 to your leadership. 

 

Champion- roll a d6, on a 6 you get +1 attack. 

 

I'm being facetious of course, but it does seem in line with the abilities we've seen so far. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Tomplex said:

Musician- count the number of enemy units within 12" and roll a d6. If the result is higher than the number of enemy units you get +1 to charge. 

 

Banner- roll 2d6 and subtract 1 for every enemy unit within 12", and -2 for every enemy unit within 3", if the result is higher than your leadership add 1 to your leadership. 

 

Champion- roll a d6, on a 6 you get +1 attack. 

 

I'm being facetious of course, but it does seem in line with the abilities we've seen so far. 

Yeah, the trend does worry me as well. I'm getting 40k tyranid codex vibes, with the whole "jump through these hoops to get a weaker version of what other allegiances get for free" nature of the teased rules.

Still, I'm hoping that they have just chosen poorly, extremely poorly, with what has been shown so far. I know I'm no longer planning to order the new models and battletome immediately however, and will now probably wait to see a couple battletome breakdowns first. I normally choose armies purely for aesthetic and lore reasons, but I would like my next army to actually stand up to some of newer battletomes while still being interesting to me.

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Qrow said:

Yeah, the trend does worry me as well. I'm getting 40k tyranid codex vibes, with the whole "jump through these hoops to get a weaker version of what other allegiances get for free" nature of the teased rules.

Still, I'm hoping that they have just chosen poorly, extremely poorly, with what has been shown so far. I know I'm no longer planning to order the new models and battletome immediately however, and will now probably wait to see a couple battletome breakdowns first. I normally choose armies purely for aesthetic and lore reasons, but I would like my next army to actually stand up to some of newer battletomes while still being interesting to me.

Yeah I'm kinda on the same boat. I bought GSG for the amazing models and the battletome is still really bad 3 years later.

Defo want to see full battletome/rules before investing cash in models, though understand that narrative players won't have the same issues. It obviously wouldn't be an issue if they were willing to update/errata battletomes properly but you know you will just be stuck with the same rules for years.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like our tomes will come latter in the month. On the bright side, they said there will be models reveals during this week, so finger crossed for some more units for us!! 

A cavalry unit or Terrain/endless would be may beat if we get anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'd be incredibly surprised if they release the battletome without some Warclan Endless Spells, and I still think we've got the cav coming as rumoured.

Seems unlikely they would say there's no more reveals if there's more reveals. But I guess we can dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In random news ive almost got my first ten bases completed for my gutrippaz and have a first draft on a shield color scheme. 

I'll pour some resin swamp water in the bases were i can as well. It'll be my first time trying that. 

20210801_134839.jpg.0f96da05fd6f3f77ddaed1ba295cddda.jpg

20210731_143107.jpg.c48d82e9abdb973350dfbd11079a589d.jpg

I wanted something different than the classic red or yellow and I'll try to brighten up the verdigris on the shield as well as the eyes. 

Slow burning this army and loving it! Almost time to start on the Gutrippaz themselves!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless the Great Waaagh! abilities are heavily nerfed, Kruleboyz will be in a very good spot. Just those + MWs on 6s is already plenty enough to be on par with all but the strongest allegiances. They could still take a hit via points costs but the evidence we have right now points to them being average at worst. I think Kruleboyz players don't need to worry, and can instead focus on getting excited for what else they might receive on top of what they already will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

Imagine Rogue idol being updated with the kruleboyz keyword, benefitting from the MW sixes, and all other possible buffs

Or the troggoth hag, she fits the aesthetic and lore. Seems she is no longer available though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...