Jump to content

AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion


Newtype_Zero
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Grimdark Live folks, who had a lot of accurate rumours about the Kruleboyz ahead of the Dominion release, repeated after it was out that they had been told there was still a cavalry unit still to come, so for now I'm holding onto the hope that we're going to see Gnashtoof Riders soon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got our first look at our rules and subfactions! This confirm that the beastbreakaz, deffsikerz and badstabbaz are more like social classes rather than subfactions. They showed rules for 2 of the 3 subfaction.

- Big Yellers have a yellow shield and seen to focus on shooting (boltboyz and the beast skewer focused, boltboyz become battleline with them).

- Skulbugz have grey-purple shields and love some creepy bugs, which give them some debuffs for being so gross.

The last sub-faction will probably have the red shield color scheme, as we generally get one subfaction for the box scheme. Maybe they will be melee focused?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/27/the-realms-arent-ready-for-the-orruk-warclans-battletomes-dirty-tricks-and-stinky-monsters/

I wonder if the Dirty tricks are some bonuses we can pick for the army for the whole game or if its somethings we pick each battleround.

 

gBjOUA4oyBP7vZCr.jpg

vhn1Czq9vrbmFvSb.jpg

Zw5XkHEXlhfuRPlS.jpg

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

We got our first look at our rules and subfactions! This confirm that the beastbreakaz, deffsikerz and badstabbaz are more like social classes rather than subfactions. They showed rules for 2 of the 3 subfaction.

- Big Yellers have a yellow shield and seen to focus on shooting (boltboyz and the beast skewer focused, boltboyz become battleline with them).

- Skulbugz have grey-purple shields and love some creepy bugs, which give them some debuffs for being so gross.

The last sub-faction will probably have the red shield color scheme, as we generally get one subfaction for the box scheme. Maybe they will be melee focused?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/27/the-realms-arent-ready-for-the-orruk-warclans-battletomes-dirty-tricks-and-stinky-monsters/

I wonder if the Dirty tricks are some bonuses we can pick for the army for the whole game or if its somethings we pick each battleround.

 

gBjOUA4oyBP7vZCr.jpg

vhn1Czq9vrbmFvSb.jpg

Zw5XkHEXlhfuRPlS.jpg

Big Yellers seem interesting, could just be how much I like the look of the crossbows and ballista though.

This may be the build up to the release though, a week or two of this type of teaser content and then preorders. I'm hoping preorders next weekend, but I do worry this means that mounted hobgrotz were just a rumour.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

a nine man squad of Boltboyz is probably very devastating especially with the Shaman buff and the extra range. the reroll ability is meh though but still useful to get your first turn shots in especially if the artillery shots are low volume.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

a nine man squad of Boltboyz is probably very devastating especially with the Shaman buff and the extra range. the reroll ability is meh though but still useful to get your first turn shots in especially if the artillery shots are low volume.

Yeah, two 9 models Boltboyz units should give a good amount of fire power. I wonder if the Beast Skewer will have a high damage shoot with only 1 attack, would make the single reroll more valuable.

 

2 hours ago, Qrow said:

This may be the build up to the release though, a week or two of this type of teaser content and then preorders. I'm hoping preorders next weekend, but I do worry this means that mounted hobgrotz were just a rumour.

As @novakai pointed some days ago, there is a rumor enginee for a weapon in the same stile our units use that wasn't solved. There also is some talk about a SCE drake riders on the rumor threat, so maybe there are some units left to be spoiled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, White Fang has done everything he can in the rumour thread to confirm that there will be Stormcast dragon cav short of literally just shouting it out in bold all-caps.

Which makes me much more confident Th at we also haven’t seen everything for the Kruleboyz just yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I mean, White Fang has done everything he can in the rumour thread to confirm that there will be Stormcast dragon cav short of literally just shouting it out in bold all-caps.

Which makes me much more confident Th at we also haven’t seen everything for the Kruleboyz just yet.

Yeah, but he didn't say anything about more Kruleboyz units... I wouldn't be surprised if SCE got more things then us.

The facebook answers have being wrong in the past and the answer is a little vague, but if its correct looks like we aren't getting more models before the tome release.

Edit: after this answer the answer another comment with the exactly same question and didn't say that they have all been revealed, so it can mean nothing in the end...

image.png.d9bcefd8920a3dfbeee2d4f1b339590a.png

Edited by Arzalyn
extra info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, novakai said:

a nine man squad of Boltboyz is probably very devastating especially with the Shaman buff and the extra range. the reroll ability is meh though but still useful to get your first turn shots in especially if the artillery shots are low volume.

When I see convoluted wording and over limited abilities etc, it always makes me worry that we have the theoretical "bin guy" writing the battletome. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

When I see convoluted wording and over limited abilities etc, it always makes me worry that we have the theoretical "bin guy" writing the battletome. 

well but Sin Guy just retired so.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Yeah, but he didn't say anything about more Kruleboyz units... I wouldn't be surprised if SCE got more things then us.

The facebook answers have being wrong in the past and the answer is a little vague, but if its correct looks like we aren't getting more models before the tome release.

Edit: after this answer the answer another comment with the exactly same question and didn't say that they have all been revealed, so it can mean nothing in the end...

image.png.d9bcefd8920a3dfbeee2d4f1b339590a.png

it could be a the Lumenith Situation, But i rather GW didn't set that precendent that every new release of their have a second part a year and a half later or so.

Atm, Kruleboyz does seem a bit hero heavy and feel like there a lack of troops and units, but as a whole there is a lot of models.

they did say that there was more Orruk news to come at the end of the new article but who knows what that means in the end,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

When I see convoluted wording and over limited abilities etc, it always makes me worry that we have the theoretical "bin guy" writing the battletome. 

After seeing the Gutrippaz "Skare tactics" ability, it should be keenly obvious that the Krule fellows were written by "that guy." A ridiculously complicated sequence to rarely get a marginal benefit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the fact that a unit of 9 boltboyz with hasty shot and Swampcalla buff averages 12 mortal wounds, with a 20" threat range (5" move, 12"+3" shot).

And we still dont know what command models do for our troops.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, novakai said:

it could be a the Lumenith Situation, But i rather GW didn't set that precendent that every new release of their have a second part a year and a half later or so.

Atm, Kruleboyz does seem a bit hero heavy and feel like there a lack of troops and units, but as a whole there is a lot of models.

It could be and I share the hope that we don't end like Lumienth and get another release + tomes in the next year and get most of the models on this release. I guess if the tome comes and we got no new models we will get some ideas of what is missing, like happened with Lumineth.

We are hero heavy, but we have more options (14 warscrolls, assuming the Guttripaz and sloggoth weapon options are in the same warscroll) them Bonnesplitterz (10 warscrolls) or Ironjawz (8 warscrolls) have. As long as we got some different roles for each monster/hero warscroll to fill we should be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was looking at the pictures in the article today to seen if there is any hidden model there. No hidden model we didn't already knew, but looks like the Breaka-boss and his Troggoth both have a different head option! Could be useful com some conversions and head-swaps with the Sloggoth.

p3h8wlvydsd71.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Was looking at the pictures in the article today to seen if there is any hidden model there. No hidden model we didn't already knew, but looks like the Breaka-boss and his Troggoth both have a different head option! Could be useful com some conversions and head-swaps with the Sloggoth.

p3h8wlvydsd71.jpg

What a spot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Was looking at the pictures in the article today to seen if there is any hidden model there. No hidden model we didn't already knew, but looks like the Breaka-boss and his Troggoth both have a different head option! Could be useful com some conversions and head-swaps with the Sloggoth.

p3h8wlvydsd71.jpg

Nice catch!!

I'm really hapy to read new rules!!  I hope that we don't become a "Sentinels 2.0" army, with all this KruleMonsterz, I expect a mix of small troops for kunnin' tactics and big dudes to do the heavy lifting!

I know that the "reroll only one dice from one attack" existed before in some artifacts (and maybe a few abilities), but maybe we are going to see more mechanics like that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My main issue with the skulbugz ability is that it doubles up on what the gutrippaz shields already do. It does make it far harder for the opponent to buff the unit though, as using a command point would still mean hitting at -1. Though I am concerned that 3 of our abilities so far seem to be a -1 to hit penalty and only in combat.

For me personally, the look of the models and their playstyle is more important than their competitive ability. That being said, it would be nice to have an actually competitive army for once, because choosing base on liking the models and playstyle normally leaves me struggling in my local meta. 

So far the big yellers would be my preferred pick, but we only know 3 small parts of the battletome so we should at least try to stay open minded

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

My main issue with the skulbugz ability is that it doubles up on what the gutrippaz shields already do. It does make it far harder for the opponent to buff the unit though, as using a command point would still mean hitting at -1. Though I am concerned that 3 of our abilities so far seem to be a -1 to hit penalty and only in combat.

For me personally, the look of the models and their playstyle is more important than their competitive ability. That being said, it would be nice to have an actually competitive army for once, because choosing base on liking the models and playstyle normally leaves me struggling in my local meta. 

So far the big yellers would be my preferred pick, but we only know 3 small parts of the battletome so we should at least try to stay open minded

Yeah all the different over-complicated -1s to hit are also worrying me quite a bit. But I would much rather we had a competitive faction in destruction than another "fun" or narrative faction. All the factions are narrative anyway so we don't need more bad rules being justified under the "fun" hat - see gloomspite.

I have an even greater concern that they might have made IJ less competitive due to adding the so far very mediocre Kruleboyz. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leaders
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (125)
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (125)
Killaboss with Stab-grot (140)

Battleline
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
9 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (360)
- Reinforced x 2
9 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (360)
- Reinforced x 2

Total: 1280 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 94

This as a core in the yellow shield faction seems like it has potential - two units that can put out 6 MW each + extra regular damage at long range, or 12 MW each with 20" threat range. Plenty of points left over for big bois, line infantry and the artillery piece.

Spending first turn removing support heroes and second turn just deleting units - game plan becomes simply about protecting the boltboyz while they murder everything haha.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Qrow said:

My main issue with the skulbugz ability is that it doubles up on what the gutrippaz shields already do. It does make it far harder for the opponent to buff the unit though, as using a command point would still mean hitting at -1. Though I am concerned that 3 of our abilities so far seem to be a -1 to hit penalty and only in combat.

They'll apparently need all of those abilities because statistically none of them are likely to even work. Hell, even the Smelly mount trait doesn't give you the -1 to hit unless you get charged, which is utter nonsense since almost every other mount trait in the game is just a passive upgrade with no conditions.

It's honestly not a good sign, but hopefully the book makes more sense of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They'll apparently need all of those abilities because statistically none of them are likely to even work. Hell, even the Smelly mount trait doesn't give you the -1 to hit unless you get charged, which is utter nonsense since almost every other mount trait in the game is just a passive upgrade with no conditions.

It's honestly not a good sign, but hopefully the book makes more sense of it.

AoS OrrukRules Jul27 Boxout2
actually its just as long as that mount didnt charge in that turn. it is pretty easy to have this one active in long fights leading to a decent (but not great) buff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that most good monsters are usually the ones doing the charging it's a bit... ...rough.

I know it's not realistic but I sincerely hope the Gutrippaz warscroll gets a reword in the book, because it really is a terrible ability.

I would also accept its wholesale removal for a small points decrease 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

Given that most good monsters are usually the ones doing the charging it's a bit... ...rough.

I know it's not realistic but I sincerely hope the Gutrippaz warscroll gets a reword in the book, because it really is a terrible ability.

I would also accept its wholesale removal for a small points decrease 😛

I'm curious what the musician, banner, and champion will add to gutrippaz

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...