AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

6 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Some possible sub allegiances from the lore in the Dominion book, different kinds of tribes that are defined by their specialty:

- Badstabbas: Warriors and bosses that spear head the Kruleboyz vicious raids. The most frequently seen of the swamp orcs on the battlefield and have the most in common with the other kinds of orruks (ironjawz and bonesplitterz).

- Beast-Breakza: Monsters hunters that are adept of tracking, trapping and breaking those creatures that share their repulsive homes, riding them into battle as powerful war mounts and selling them to other tribes in return of raw materials and grots to use as bait.

- Detfspikerz: Spiteful tinkerers that are famous for fashioning crude but deadly war machines and capable of surprising efficient constructions if given the chance. 

- Gitsnatcherz: Specially malevolent kind of Kruleboyz that take those taken as captives in other tribes successful raids.

I assume those are sub allegiance rather than social division between than, as there is no mention about the shamans among them. In any case, the trogoth boss and the balista would fit very well in the Beast-breakza and the Detfspikerz... maybe each tribe will get some unit representing them (and that they will buff with their rules).

There is a lot of scope for more models in these descriptions so that is quite re-assuring!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure I'm not the only one but I'm quite underwhelmed by the Kruleboyz warscroll leaks. Gutrippaz 5+ sv, boltboyz 6+ sv seems like a joke. Compared to the stormcast they're boxed with it's very one sided. Ynndrasta could probably solo half the orruks without breaking a sweat. 

The salt is real.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber

As someone who is more hobby focused than gaming focused, the rules/points (which can and will change over time) are less important than the models to me, which on the whole look to be nice kits and the fluff, which I'm excited to dive into. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

the rumors (confirmed) about the profile and points of the kruleboyz, come from the same place as the rumors of the crocodile and the bat?

It would have been nice to ask this source what more units there will be.

I am worried that it is an army with very few units

Sprues and brews went over all the dominion warscroll cards in his unboxing video and shows them.

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Sprues and brews went over all the dominion warscroll cards in his unboxing video and shows them.

what? hehe

A few days ago the rumor of the profiles that now are seen to be true came out, but at the same time there was talk of a crocodile monster and a bat-mounted chief. I asked if they came from the same source, to confirm that these monsters were also true, and if he had spoken again about other units of the army..

Sprues and brews has not said anything beyond the contents of the box.

10 minutes ago, zamerion said:

A few days ago the rumor of the profiles that now are seen to be true came out, but at the same time there was talk of a crocodile monster and a bat-mounted chief. I asked if they came from the same source, to confirm that these monsters were also true, and if he had spoken again about other units of the army..

Sadly no, both rumors came from anonymous users on 4chan, and on different times. It's not impossible that the same user was the source, but we cannot confirm this, so we need to see more to confirm if the monsters rumors are true or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunStorm said:

As someone who is more hobby focused than gaming focused, the rules/points (which can and will change over time) are less important than the models to me, which on the whole look to be nice kits and the fluff, which I'm excited to dive into. 

I like the hobby a lot but would like a strong ruleset as well, as my group has some filthy armies that my GSG just get runover by....

I am really hoping for lots of overlapping buff/synergy with lots of heros/totems etc! I want them to emphasise the Morkiness and Kunnin!

Edit: I want to see lots of monsters and machines basically!!

Edited by C0deb1ue

8 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Sadly no, both rumors came from anonymous users on 4chan, and on different times. It's not impossible that the same user was the source, but we cannot confirm this, so we need to see more to confirm if the monsters rumors are true or not.

Thank you. I know we love to grasp at anything we can, but 4chan is not a reliable site, it's not supposed to be. Anyone can post there anonymously and say whatever. If everything that was posted there was gospel we would have had Malerion in 2nd edition and Gitmob already.

For every one accurate 4chan rumor there are a hundred lies.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Weren't those rumours based on this WarCom comment? 

Screenshot_20210611-093430_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fellman said:

Late to the party but how do you think Kruleboyz wil play hord? gunline? anbush/deapstrike? buffs/synergis? monster? i get no real feling how this Mork orks wil pley from the article

they have weak warscrolls, so I assume it's buff/synergy and trying to ping MW as much as possible before you get tabled because of your bad saves and bravery. Feels like you are hitting hard and fast before you die. Don't think there is much potential for attrition.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

they have weak warscrolls, so I assume it's buff/synergy and trying to ping MW as much as possible before you get tabled because of your bad saves and bravery. Feels like you are hitting hard and fast before you die. Don't think there is much potential for attrition.

Yeah I'd agree with this.  I think / hope there is a lot of avoidance and tricks in the allegiance that we haven't seen yet: deploying off the board, not being targeted outside a certain range, stuff like that.  If you have to stand there and trade, your army will just evaporate, so it's important that you get to fight on your own terms.

The core units look to me like they were designed for a set of abilities we just haven't seen yet.  Either that, or they're awful, but I'm still optimistic 🙂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zamerion said:

in 4chan a person assures that there will be 6 more (units), including one named hero and two monsters

I don't know if it includes the troll and the war machine in those 

If that includes the trogg/artillary + 2 monsters already flagged on warcom... that's just 2 more kits

Yeah, I'd expect:

- The two monsters teased in the WarCom article.

- A special character.

- Gnashtooth cavalry unit.

- Another hero. Maybe a hobgob, maybe another Murknob.

Then there's one more slot that I desperately hope will be another orruk unit, whether foot or a second cav unit, to bulk out the options for listbuilding.

• LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, I'd expect:

- The two monsters teased in the WarCom article.

- A special character.

- Gnashtooth cavalry unit.

- Another hero. Maybe a hobgob, maybe another Murknob.

Then there's one more slot that I desperately hope will be another orruk unit, whether foot or a second cav unit, to bulk out the options for listbuilding.

Yeah the single battleline unit is a little limiting.

I'm really hoping they cash in on some of the leaked lore at some point as it talked about a lot of interesting stuff.

Edited by C0deb1ue