AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

5 hours ago, Abstract_duck said:

I've noticed the gutrippa's don't have nipples.. Proof that there are no female orruks? or.. that orruks don't have a sex?

dont have a sex. boyz is a generic term but ork (and orruk) reproduction is spore based. they die, turn to mush, and the mush spawns yoofs.

• Like 1

Had a game vs Beasts of chaos.

Sludgeraker - Supa Sneaky Smelly Amulet

Mirebrute

Killaboss on Gnash

Killboss, shaman, murknob

2x10 Gutrippas

6 bolt boyz

10 hobgrots

1 killbow

it was around 1800. Mission was the Vice. 

Tried to keep out ambushing, took first turn and moved up a unit of guts to try to take a point, which didn't work.

Thought I was done for when my opponent doubled and I was really out of position, but a kruleboy waaagh helped turn the tide as the sludgeraker throw out a lot of damage.

Highlights were a beastlord attempting to charge my shaman and with my single boltboy boss remaining unleashed 6 mw's. 

Sludgeraker moved to the center, got surrounded by a big group of bestigor and only took 3 damage out of a potential 20, then the sludge raker casually did 8 mws to another hero. 

Sludgeraker is definitely my mvp. It's ability to help proliferate mw's on units is great. 

On 11/28/2021 at 4:20 AM, Carnith said:

Sludgeraker is definitely my mvp. It's ability to help proliferate mw's on units is great. 

Would you say two Sludgerakers are the way to go? I consider this route as Sludgeraker damage is pretty good and the fact that losing one would mean no poison buff for whole army which is big difference in overall performance. 

• Like 1

Any experts around? How's this look. I love the trogs and think they hit hard enough to base an army around. Would love to play this but don't wanna fork out for 3 breakabosses if it's terrible haha.

Allegiance: Kruleboyz  - Warclan: Big Yellers  - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line  - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)*- General- Command Trait: Egomaniak  - Artefact: Vial of Manticore Venom - Mount Trait: Smelly 'Un

Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un

Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)

Killaboss with Stab-grot (110)**

Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*

UNITS 20 x Gutrippaz (360)****

20 x Hobgrot Slittaz (160)***

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)***

3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)*

3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)**

1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)****

CORE BATTALIONS

*Warlord **Vanguard ***Hunters of the Heartlands ****Hunters of the Heartlands

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Mount Trait

TOTAL: 1970/2000     WOUNDS: 154 LEADERS: 6/6    BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 0/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4    DROPS: 13

3 hours ago, Hellberg said:

Would you say two Sludgerakers are the way to go? I consider this route as Sludgeraker damage is pretty good and the fact that losing one would mean no poison buff for whole army which is big difference in overall performance. 

I've got a 2 Sludge list that I ran at a friendly local tournament and had a lot of fun with it. You can either have one sludge run around with 6/9 unit of boltboyz and then one run around with a unit of slittaz. Or you run a giant melee deathstar with both Sludges and some rippaz (or a breaka boss to make it even nastier but this is usually overkill lol).

2 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Any experts around? How's this look. I love the trogs and think they hit hard enough to base an army around. Would love to play this but don't wanna fork out for 3 breakabosses if it's terrible haha.

Allegiance: Kruleboyz  - Warclan: Big Yellers  - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line  - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)*- General- Command Trait: Egomaniak  - Artefact: Vial of Manticore Venom - Mount Trait: Smelly 'Un

CORE BATTALIONS

TOTAL: 1970/2000     WOUNDS: 154 LEADERS: 6/6    BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 0/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4    DROPS: 13

This looks like a fun list. I wouldn't bring more than 2 breakabosses becuase you want to somehow fit a Sludgeraker in there. Also, 20 man slittaz are just battleshock bait so think about running them in MSU. Their roles should be backfield objective holders or screens - they aren't super reliably as a dps unit. Also, I would consider combining those 3x3 boltboyz into a 6 man and 3 man unit. It'll make your Shaman's buffs go further and gives you another shaman to potentially run around with that unit of rippaz to buff them up or to cast a spell. Boltboyz are really good Broken Ranks targets since a stiff breeze can take out the entire unit so you'll need to be careful with that little 3 man unit. I'm also not sold on the Sloggoth in a KBz army. I think they have a spot as a Gitz ally or in Big Waagh so that they buff up IJ units, and possibly if you want one to run around with a couple of Breaka bosses so when you pop the Waagh they do well. Have you thought about putting Arcane Tome + Flaming Weapons on one of your Breaka Bosses for some extra unbind utility + damage? I've found it to be really nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Predien said:

I've got a 2 Sludge list that I ran at a friendly local tournament and had a lot of fun with it. You can either have one sludge run around with 6/9 unit of boltboyz and then one run around with a unit of slittaz. Or you run a giant melee deathstar with both Sludges and some rippaz (or a breaka boss to make it even nastier but this is usually overkill lol).

This looks like a fun list. I wouldn't bring more than 2 breakabosses becuase you want to somehow fit a Sludgeraker in there. Also, 20 man slittaz are just battleshock bait so think about running them in MSU. Their roles should be backfield objective holders or screens - they aren't super reliably as a dps unit. Also, I would consider combining those 3x3 boltboyz into a 6 man and 3 man unit. It'll make your Shaman's buffs go further and gives you another shaman to potentially run around with that unit of rippaz to buff them up or to cast a spell. Boltboyz are really good Broken Ranks targets since a stiff breeze can take out the entire unit so you'll need to be careful with that little 3 man unit. I'm also not sold on the Sloggoth in a KBz army. I think they have a spot as a Gitz ally or in Big Waagh so that they buff up IJ units, and possibly if you want one to run around with a couple of Breaka bosses so when you pop the Waagh they do well. Have you thought about putting Arcane Tome + Flaming Weapons on one of your Breaka Bosses for some extra unbind utility + damage? I've found it to be really nice.

Yeah I do miss the sludgeraker in the list for sure. But I wanted the troggs to just run hogwild which is why i thought the sloggoth might be good so they are all hitting on 2s, wounding on 2s for the general using the manticore Venom and 2s with finest hour.

Definitely will alter the ratios though regarding the bolt boysz just figured the hobbos would be good for egomaniak keeping the general around longer.

I do agree about the Arcane Tome but I always fail or have Flaming Weapon unbound haha, so not using that is more of a spite thing 😛

Biggest thing I wanna experience is 3 breaker bosses popping off on a waaagh 😛

1 minute ago, W1tchhunter said:

Yeah I do miss the sludgeraker in the list for sure. But I wanted the troggs to just run hogwild which is why i thought the sloggoth might be good so they are all hitting on 2s, wounding on 2s for the general using the manticore Venom and 2s with finest hour.

Definitely will alter the ratios though regarding the bolt boysz just figured the hobbos would be good for egomaniak keeping the general around longer.

I do agree about the Arcane Tome but I always fail or have Flaming Weapon unbound haha, so not using that is more of a spite thing 😛

Biggest thing I wanna experience is 3 breaker bosses popping off on a waaagh 😛

You got my brain turning this morning and I came up with this list based off of what you put that might be interesting to play with:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Big Yellers
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
- Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
9 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (360)
- Reinforced x 2
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150
Drops: 12

5 drop with a Warlord and 2 Battle Reg's. Could make it a 3 drop but I think you'd want the extra artefact. Effectively you have a hit squad consisting of the 2 breakabosses and a sloggoth. They'll all 3 have +1 to hit at all times the sloggoth is alive. You could put Mork's Eye Pebble on one of the Breakabosses to give a 5+ ward against shooting to the hit squad but not sure. I thought about putting Egomaniac on one of the Breaka's but you'd have to micromanage him a bit. Since saving the wounds doesn't give you the extra attacks, at the start of the combat phase you'd want to make sure you're 3.1" away from the unit you're going to throw wounds to. When you pile-in you'll then pile-in closer to that unit so when/if your general gets hit back you can throw the wounds off to. Just something to think about.

You've got the Sludge and a unit of rippaz doing their thing. Then you've got your 9 boltz, ideally in cover with a shaman hiding near them to buff their MW output. Slittaz are taking side objectives, supporting the Breaka's with bodies/screens, etc. I think with some practice this could be a solid list!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Predien said:

You got my brain turning this morning and I came up with this list based off of what you put that might be interesting to play with:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Big Yellers
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
- Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
9 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (360)
- Reinforced x 2
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150
Drops: 12

5 drop with a Warlord and 2 Battle Reg's. Could make it a 3 drop but I think you'd want the extra artefact. Effectively you have a hit squad consisting of the 2 breakabosses and a sloggoth. They'll all 3 have +1 to hit at all times the sloggoth is alive. You could put Mork's Eye Pebble on one of the Breakabosses to give a 5+ ward against shooting to the hit squad but not sure. I thought about putting Egomaniac on one of the Breaka's but you'd have to micromanage him a bit. Since saving the wounds doesn't give you the extra attacks, at the start of the combat phase you'd want to make sure you're 3.1" away from the unit you're going to throw wounds to. When you pile-in you'll then pile-in closer to that unit so when/if your general gets hit back you can throw the wounds off to. Just something to think about.

You've got the Sludge and a unit of rippaz doing their thing. Then you've got your 9 boltz, ideally in cover with a shaman hiding near them to buff their MW output. Slittaz are taking side objectives, supporting the Breaka's with bodies/screens, etc. I think with some practice this could be a solid list!

Yeah that also looks great! My groups super chill so we don't mind using proxies for trying stuff like this. If you do have any games lemme know how it goes :D

Also for the eye pebble i think your better off with an extra mount trait. They seem just much better than any of our artefacts.

3 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

Yeah that also looks great! My groups super chill so we don't mind using proxies for trying stuff like this. If you do have any games lemme know how it goes :D

Also for the eye pebble i think your better off with an extra mount trait. They seem just much better than any of our artefacts.

I'm prepping for a teams tournament that's on the 18th so I'll be getting a rep or 2 in with this list this weekend and make changes. I'm stuck between this list and one with Gobsprakk. I'll let you know thoughts when I get some practice in!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

CORE BATTALIONS

You can't take more than one Hunters battalions btw, Battle packs ones are single use only. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

SundayPreview Dec05 BossKrew
Correct me if im wrong but this brings it so that every model except the shaman has a decently priced option to get it? yes im counting the kb on foot in the Warrior starter set as decently affordable. the shaman isnt printed by itself or in any box below 99$. 

You are correct. They basically released the combined sprue from Dominion this time. If my memory don't fail me, the Shaman and the Killaboss on foot where on separated sprues, which make easier to release them latter. I just hope they don't put them behind a Kruleboyz vanguard box (the new start collect) that we will probably get next year.