AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 minute ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

I would prefer if they mirror the Gnashtooth, but be a smaller one. Perhaps they could do a dual kit like they did with boingrots and squig hoppers where one have more armor but less movement and the other have less armor and higher mobility.

Yes, that's what I meant! More smaller Gnashtoof. Sorry if my english isn't clear :( 

I like your dual kit idea! 

24 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

I really like that the approach to this army feels "orruks but make them Skaven". Their shields are probably reason enough to buy a few of them, but I'm really tempted to get a few Fimir heads for a small project. 

Both Fimir and Skaven are much more hunched over though.

They are just a brilliant reimagining of the '80's orcs (that also were not as hunched over as the current ones, and the clothing and gear).

• Like 1

Other than ragged clothing and equipment I see no similarities between Skaven and these new models. I admit that those visual elements can give that impression as they are a strong part of both armies looks, but a factions identity is way more than just its outside appearance. There is none of the crazy steampunkish Skaven weaponry here, none of the "creature construction" aspect either. Their backgrounds have some similarities, but again not too many.

In the end I consider the Kruleboyz to be very much their own thing, and I for one welcome their addition to the AoS world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I tried to see the size difference from these guys compared to jawz brutes and I think they're actually a smidge taller, at least this murknob is. I'm really hoping for a unit of these as elite foot troops. 

Damn! I am all in on these guys!!

5190c9bd-771d-4704-9df2-8be91872dddb.png

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

there was some potato cam pics of Killaboss with Stab-Grots Warscroll taken from the livestream on Grimdark live

it has three melee profile

first one is 4 attack 4/3/-1/2

second one is 4 attacks 3/4/-2/1

one of these is the Axe and the other is the Flail

and the grot is 2 attacks 4/4/0/1

couldn't really see anything else

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

there was some potato cam pics of Killaboss with Stab-Grots Warscroll taken from the livestream on Grimdark live

The axe is good. You get the flail and axe at the same time, right? Because otherwise the flail is outclassed.

9 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

So I tried to see the size difference from these guys compared to jawz brutes and I think they're actually a smidge taller, at least this murknob is. I'm really hoping for a unit of these as elite foot troops. 

Damn! I am all in on these guys!!

5190c9bd-771d-4704-9df2-8be91872dddb.png

I think it's mostly that his head is on top of his shoulders, instead of in front of it, but the shoulderline does seem a bit higher. IJ is much denser though.

I just checked, and IJ do stand up a lot straighter than their Ardboy cousins, who have the classic stance of a gorilla that doesn't support itself on its forelimbs.

Edited by zilberfrid

3 hours ago, novakai said:

With just the damage profile to look at I guess you don't take him for the damage output but for some buffing he can give to other units. Hopefully heroes will play a bigger role in 3.0 cause the model is kick-ass

32 minutes ago, zamerion said:

I'm not very good at understanding English, in case someone can make a summary (especially new units), I would be eternally grateful.

It’s all speculation and spitballing on what the warscrolls/rules/point values might look like for the various Kruleboys units and what other units might come out (orruk and hobgrot cavalry, regular swamp troll), kicks off around the 55min mark. Not uninteresting and most of what they said sounds plausible but I didn't see any ‘wink wink, here’s what might be coming’ hints of other stuff.

They did mention the Manskewer Boltboys having two types of fire, a quick multi-shot volley and some sort of sniping shot, but I think this was featured on the WHC stream?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Both Fimir and Skaven are much more hunched over though.

They are just a brilliant reimagining of the '80's orcs (that also were not as hunched over as the current ones, and the clothing and gear).

Not talking so much regarding aesthetics which are influenced by old Ork designs, but more as a concept. 

With the exception of Fimir, Skaven was the race associated with swamps and marshland. They also share their conniving and deceitful personality and play dirty by using poison or war machines. Not saying that they are a copy as being cunning was one of Morks characteristics. However, they usually showed that more as magic powers than anything else, so it's nice to see a different part of orruk culture. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, novakai said:

Baseline 4's on the statline of a combat hero is never a good sign. It's an average of 2-3 total damage. Hopefully he has a useful CA.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Baseline 4s is pretty bad in this day and age. Maybe he’s support?!

Looks like he has 3 abilities on his warscroll, so It's possible. My guesses are: one of them should be for the shield option, the second on is probably the stab-grot sacrificing ability and the last one looks like a command ability.

Sem título.png

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 3

2nd.png.be9215068b82566a3598047c055d762c.png

Doesnt look like 4+s to hit to me. 

4 attacks 3+ 3+ -1 2dmg

1 attack 3+ 3+  -1 1dmg

1 attack 4+ 4+ 0 1dmg

Looks to me like the flail gives 1 additional attack, the shield offsets 1 attack with a better save or something else. 

• Like 3