AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Hi all

I'm more of a painter than a gamer but our local 1K group are struggling for numbers so I'm going to see if I can join them with what I have, there or thereabouts, from my current painting project. Not going to buy the book if I can't use it so could do with some help:

I have

Dominion Set

Rippas Snarlfangs

Gargant

3 Rockgut Troggoths 

I know I'm short BL if I don't want to Big Yellerz (which I don't) so I need another 10 GR.

Besides that, can I make 1000 points with what's there? Can I ally in any of my fun guys and still keep KB allegiance, or does it have to be 100% KB for that? 

Thanks all 

9 hours ago, Nos said:

Hi all

I'm more of a painter than a gamer but our local 1K group are struggling for numbers so I'm going to see if I can join them with what I have, there or thereabouts, from my current painting project. Not going to buy the book if I can't use it so could do with some help:

I have

Dominion Set

Rippas Snarlfangs

Gargant

3 Rockgut Troggoths 

I know I'm short BL if I don't want to Big Yellerz (which I don't) so I need another 10 GR.

Besides that, can I make 1000 points with what's there? Can I ally in any of my fun guys and still keep KB allegiance, or does it have to be 100% KB for that? 

Thanks all 

Gloomspite Gits are allies, so, no problem taking them!

Just remember that you can only have 200 points of allies and they don't gain any keyword or Allegiance Abilities.

• Like 1

Thinking back on the unit champion for LRL Sentinels and trying to blow him up with Mandrakk root, that may not work but the Snatchaboss ability seems to be more than viable as we choose the model! Not really going to come into play as I think the better way of doing it is to try to break a unit coherency to get free casualties. 

17 hours ago, Nos said:

Hi all

I have

Dominion Set

Rippas Snarlfangs

Gargant

3 Rockgut Troggoths 

Thanks all 

You could try something like this

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (170)
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)

Battleline
10 x Gutrippaz (180)
10 x Gutrippaz (180)

Units
3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (145)

Total: 980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84
Drops: 7

Not super strong but should be ok for more casual games. If you want something stronger, the gargant would be interesting, but it's hard to fit him in the list with 2 Guttripaz for the Battleline tax.

• Like 1

Had my first two games with Kruleboyz today. Won both games but the mortal wound output seriously felt ****** on my part, felt like I was cheating.

Also am i missing something on the ballista, when it hits it is good but I kept getting sixes to hit, I wasn't sure how the mortal wounds worked with it so I just said it was 2 mortals. Is that right? If so it definitely hinders it a tad, I was shooting at a lord of change which has 14 wounds so a flat 2 felt bad haha.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

Had my first two games with Kruleboyz today. Won both games but the mortal wound output seriously felt ****** on my part, felt like I was cheating.

Also am i missing something on the ballista, when it hits it is good but I kept getting sixes to hit, I wasn't sure how the mortal wounds worked with it so I just said it was 2 mortals. Is that right? If so it definitely hinders it a tad, I was shooting at a lord of change which has 14 wounds so a flat 2 felt bad haha.

yeah the mortal wounds output has always made my opponent say "how many mortal wounds!?"

so its a bit up in the air with the ballista currently until we get the FAQ. some say it does a flat 12 damage while others say you roll the dice to see how many wounds but its definitley more than 2.

15 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

You should do the same number of mortal wounds as the dmg of that attack. Just follow the Skewered ability to know the dmg characteristic of your attack and voilá! Lot's of mortal wounds I hope!

Edited by Beliman

Thinking about the following. Really not sure about the grand strategy … or the exact battalion arrangements.

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Big Yellers
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: 
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (310)
- Reinforced x 1
Soulsnare Shackles (65)
*Warlord
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124
Drops: 11

Really looking forward for trying to port the mire brute into someone’s face and hopefully getting flaming weapons off. (Or shackles lol) = Massive distraction.

The rest of the list builds itself in typical kruleboyz fashion. Currently I’m not sold on guyrippaz just yet …. I will be trying a unit of 20 eventually. For now Im interested in trying trolls. A block of felwater as a more durable bully unit that can actually grind vs gutrippaz. They can hold an objective while bolt boyz go pew pew.

woth the possibility of going full troll with 3 mire brutes a real possibility.

Edited by Slave2Chaos
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

So I am not an ork player and very likely never will be.

but thanks to the new Ork range converting the missing plastic skaven model range has become much much easier.AB32AAC3-E5B1-4CAC-9D74-57F38B2ED47D.jpeg.2f124447ed6282d854cc95f38c1ea0d0.jpegB130022F-D365-434F-BB5B-F92DEEC9613B.jpeg.db1d8a9cdd822247c479b06e45b51ef2.jpeg6886833D-05DE-4B57-9647-6D2F80F02553.jpeg.20a92f7a3cba21db9cdd10ad4376da29.jpeg

hope you guys like the desecrated swamboss.

yes-yes say hello to the clalword on brood horror
😝

Fantastic job, can't wait to see it painted!

4 minutes ago, papary said:

Sorry I feel proper thick asking, how on earth does the beast skewer work? 

Say I’ve hit,wounded, a model with 16 wounds, I roll 16 dice, how do I then work out the damage? 

1. Roll 16 dice, count how many of them are 5+.
  2. Add +2. 
  3. That's your damage characteristic unless it's more than 12. In that case, it's just 12.
Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, papary said:

Sorry I feel proper thick asking, how on earth does the beast skewer work? 

Say I’ve hit,wounded, a model with 16 wounds, I roll 16 dice, how do I then work out the damage? 

So, count how many of those 16 dice rolled a 5+, then add 2 to that number - so let's say 6 of your dice came up a 5 or 6, that'd be 6 + 2 for a total of 8 damage. If that damage total would be over 12 (because you rolled really well) then you reduce it down to 12.

If you rolled a 6 to hit on the attack roll, that damage all becomes Mortal Wounds instead. So in this case, you'd have hit for 8 MWs.

I'm just building my Gutrippas from Dominion (x2) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about converting two to musicians.  The 2 banners are not so bad as you can add a flag to a spear, but instruments are a bit harder.  The standard box of 10 has options for 2 musicians, but I'm not sure if you can build both options from one box, or if they use the same model.  I wasn't planning on having more than 20 of them and £31.50 seems a lot for 2 musicians; and I'd still be one short anyway.

Any suggestions would be great, 

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I'm just building my Gutrippas from Dominion (x2) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about converting two to musicians.  The 2 banners are not so bad as you can add a flag to a spear, but instruments are a bit harder.  The standard box of 10 has options for 2 musicians, but I'm not sure if you can build both options from one box, or if they use the same model.  I wasn't planning on having more than 20 of them and £31.50 seems a lot for 2 musicians; and I'd still be one short anyway.

Thanks.

If you aren’t using the other Hobgrot Slittaz Musician’s horn, you can easily strap it onto the back of one of the Gutrippaz or try putting it in their hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Thanks.

The standard box can build two musicians, they do not use the same model. I have 40 gutrippaz total, 30 dominion and 10 from the new box. I used the two from the new box and just slapped some dwarven drums from Ironbreakers for two more musicians. 

Does anyone know when the FAQ for the tome drops? I played a game today and my opponent allowed me to use the Marshcrawla as though it has the Kruleboyz keyword but I would love for it to be official. It is in the artwork and even the Warscroll Battalions for Kruleboyz so I think it was a mistake but have heard nothing official yet. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tangjuicebox said:

The standard box can build two musicians, they do not use the same model. I have 40 gutrippaz total, 30 dominion and 10 from the new box. I used the two from the new box and just slapped some dwarven drums from Ironbreakers for two more musicians. 

Does anyone know when the FAQ for the tome drops? I played a game today and my opponent allowed me to use the Marshcrawla as though it has the Kruleboyz keyword but I would love for it to be official. It is in the artwork and even the Warscroll Battalions for Kruleboyz so I think it was a mistake but have heard nothing official yet. 

FAQ used to be about 4 weeks after release, but who knows right know. No bolt boys and the poor SCE-players lack so many kits, and the FAQ for the Generals Handbook was also a bit late I think.