AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Just here to say I am super pumped to start collecting KruleBoyz! 

They'll be my first destruction faction army to date. I do hope they are slightly elite though! The hobgrots obvs will be 1 wound chaff screens. But hopefully the gutrippaz Boyz will be at least 2 or 3 wound guys. They are orruks after all! I like me some meaty infantry and they'll need to be to even stand a chance against them hefty primaris stormcast

Agree that hobgrots aren't kruleboyz. I'm not 100% on them. Regular grots like the little familiars and base decor fit better for me. Doesn't mean I don't like them, just not sure they gel with the rest of the faction. I definitely want more troggoths... and cavalry. Rumours are it will be hobgrots on wolves, but I think that's a shame as it would prefer hobgrots got their own khanate empire faction and kruleboyz got their own swamp themed cavalry instead. Will see how it goes. All things may come to pass eventually.

Edited by ZaelART

52 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I don’t count Hobgrotz as Kruleboyz for obvious reasons(chorfs), so my favorite model is either the swampcalla or the crossbow boys.

As a gitz player the giant Beast-Skewer crossbow makes me super jealous. I have been wanted artillery for so long, it hurt a little seeing the first new greenskin artillery piece going to the boyz and not the gobbos.

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

As a gitz player the giant Beast-Skewer crossbow makes me super jealous. I have been wanted artillery for so long, it hurt a little seeing the first new greenskin artillery piece going to the boyz and not the gobbos.

Wow that is a shame, I guess the current grots are very much cavern dweller / forest themed so artillery pieces don't fit like they used to. Once the hobgrot khanate empire takes over the plains then maybe we'll see some nice artillery pieces for grots ;)

34 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

Agree that hobgrots aren't kruleboyz. I'm not 100% on them. Regular grots like the little familiars and base decor fit better for me. Doesn't mean I don't like them, just not sure they gel with the rest of the faction. I definitely want more troggoths... and cavalry. Rumours are it will be hobgrots on wolves, but I think that's a shame as it would prefer hobgrots got their own khanate empire faction and kruleboyz got their own swamp themed cavalry instead. Will see how it goes. All things may come to pass eventually.

I think that they are not part of the same race, but part of their society.
Not enough to be alone/ organized to form an empire, butthey are fine to be part of other societies (like Krule boyz and Furnace Kings). At least is how I see them.

Btw, I hope to see rules dedicated to hobgrots. I don't know, something like some Hobgrots warbosses rising in power in Krule Boyz's society... 

1 hour ago, ZaelART said:

Wow that is a shame, I guess the current grots are very much cavern dweller / forest themed so artillery pieces don't fit like they used to. Once the hobgrot khanate empire takes over the plains then maybe we'll see some nice artillery pieces for grots ;)

One of these days the Doomdiver or Squig Gobba will be returned to us in glorious plastic...

Back to talking Kruleboyz, my guess would be Gnashtooths as a unit of 3 cavalry. More elite than Boarboyz, less elite than Gore Gruntas. Maybe with some sort of bonus if they attack a unit already in combat with another (like DnD pack tactics).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

One of these days the Doomdiver or Squig Gobba will be returned to us in glorious plastic...

Back to talking Kruleboyz, my guess would be Gnashtooths as a unit of 3 cavalry. More elite than Boarboyz, less elite than Gore Gruntas. Maybe with some sort of bonus if they attack a unit already in combat with another (like DnD pack tactics).

Squig gobba would definitely fit the aesthetic. Does that still have rules?

If its orruks and not hobgobs on the gnashtooths I think a unit of 3 would work. Otherwise they're going to be expendable chaff.

1 hour ago, ZaelART said:

Squig gobba would definitely fit the aesthetic. Does that still have rules?

If its orruks and not hobgobs on the gnashtooths I think a unit of 3 would work. Otherwise they're going to be expendable chaff.

Squig Gobba still has rules, but the model was discontinued by FW a couple months ago I think. Since we are going into 3.0 I assume it's going into Legends.

As far as the Gnashtooths go, I am going to bet on Orruk riders. My only reasoning is that the Killaboss is riding one, and GW doesn't like mixing hero/unit pairs. When the Wight King on Horse came out with the Blood Knights they didn't show this skeleton leading the BK. It seems more GW's style to match Orruk Boss with Orruk riders.

Also with all the Uruk-hai comparisons, it would make sense if these not-Wargs were ridden by Orruks.

5 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I hear ya, I used to love running the Gitmob artillery, but this is at least a combined orcs and goblins army (even the artillery piece is both orcs and goblins models).  Plus you might be able to ally them into Gloomspite, or even just run them in mixed Destro.

I'm mainly just glad to have them back, and if we get Doom Divers too, then LOOK OUT the world will flip its lid 🙂

12 hours ago, novakai said:

actual the Killaboss is on a Greater Gnashtooth, which would imply there are regular ones 

Here's hoping for models! I love the gnashtooth and I'd really like to see more.

I can't wait to get hold of some swamp-orruks, I'll be reinforcing my Ironjaw warband with these. I hope we don't have to wait long for Warcry rules, speaking of warbands...

2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I was sort of hoping for a mongolian-inspired army, a bit like Rippas snarlfangs. Wonder if wolfriders will be a thing for these boyz.

The Kruelboyz are Orruks, so there’s always a chance there’ll be a new Gobbo army that has the steppe-y theme you’re looking for

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

The Kruelboyz are Orruks, so there’s always a chance there’ll be a new Gobbo army that has the steppe-y theme you’re looking for

I see! Guess it's time to wait a bit longer then! 😃 Ty for the info.

17 hours ago, ZaelART said:

I agree with you 100%! I would really prefer that we get our own cool Kruleboyz riders on smaller Gnashfoof instead of Hobgrot on wolves. I understand why we have infantry hobgrots to fill chaff role, but I would prefer more Kruleboyz as they look hella cool and capable. 

Edited by Hellberg

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Pause at exactly 15 seconds. The back right has a dinosaur looking creature with neckplates that looks taller than the mounted boss on the left side. Don't know if anyone has seen this yet.

On the right? it does look like something big. In the blurry background you can see the Killboss on foot, the top of the hobgrot banner and then a huge thing, which to me looks like some form of mammoth with the trunk being curled up on the very top right?

58 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Pause at exactly 15 seconds. The back right has a dinosaur looking creature with neckplates that looks taller than the mounted boss on the left side. Don't know if anyone has seen this yet.

I'm pretty sure that's the Killaboss on great Gnashtoof. That thing is huge and you can see the rider leg and bronze shield on the gnashtoof. 

2021-06-01 13_23_11-Window.png

13 minutes ago, Hellberg said:

I agree with you 100%! I would really prefer that we get our own cool Kruleboyz riders on smaller Gnashfoof instead of Hobgrot on wolves. I understand why we have infantry hobgrots to fill chaff role, but I would prefer more Kruleboyz as they look hella cool and capable. 

I would prefer if they mirror the Gnashtooth, but be a smaller one. Perhaps they could do a dual kit like they did with boingrots and squig hoppers where one have more armor but less movement and the other have less armor and higher mobility.