AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

I haven't done any math, but the kruleboyz leave me intrigued enough to get really excited about them.

First impression is, that big yeller 2x6 and a big block of Gutrippers or 1x9 and 2 big blocks of rippers look like a solid core around which one could try out different things. I'm not super sold on the bird but very much on the snatchaboss.

Obviously no real games played out yet but what's the general forming consensus on Blotboyz v Killbows in terms of numbers to take? 

My meta usually involves games against Skaven, Soulblight Gravelords, Slaves to Darkness, Ogers (but footslogging), Sylvaneth and soon to be storm cast. (So pretty varied!)  For refrence im not a tournament player but play a lot of the vague 'friendly competitive' games.

The Killbow obviously loses value the less high wound targets you come up against but with the glow up to monsters this edition there are usually a couple of high value targets floating around in every list. 

My gut feeling is 3 probably has immense diminishing returns over the course of most games but 1 may prove to 130 points of not contributing to this game. Is 2 the sweet spot or is 1 backed by 2x6 boltboyz what a lot of people are considering? 

1 hour ago, Underworld40k said:

Obviously no real games played out yet but what's the general forming consensus on Blotboyz v Killbows in terms of numbers to take? 

My meta usually involves games against Skaven, Soulblight Gravelords, Slaves to Darkness, Ogers (but footslogging), Sylvaneth and soon to be storm cast. (So pretty varied!)  For refrence im not a tournament player but play a lot of the vague 'friendly competitive' games.

The Killbow obviously loses value the less high wound targets you come up against but with the glow up to monsters this edition there are usually a couple of high value targets floating around in every list. 

My gut feeling is 3 probably has immense diminishing returns over the course of most games but 1 may prove to 130 points of not contributing to this game. Is 2 the sweet spot or is 1 backed by 2x6 boltboyz what a lot of people are considering? 

Personally, I'm leaning towards 2 for now. I'm gonna share a list that I really like that was published on Goonhammer in their review of the Battletome. I feel like it's a nice list that is potent in every phase and is a good introductory list for newcomers (such as myself).

Gobsprakk

SnatachaBoss
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Mount Trait: Loud 'un

Shaman
- Hasty Hex

Shaman
- Choking Mists

10x Gutrippaz

10x Gutrippaz

9x BoltBoys

Beast-Skewer Killbow

Beast-Skewer Killbow

Mashcrawler Sloggoth

To me this list feels really good in shooting and also has some melee power with MW buff stacking. Gobsprakk is just too good for me to pass on. Love his magical abilities. I'll probably tweak it from there on out to lean more towards one side or another. What do you guys think of this list?

• LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

You are ok with using some of them rather than spamming? If yes I would suggest something like this:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz

Leaders
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*

Swampboss Skumdrekk (320)
Killaboss on Corpse-rippa Vulcha (240)
- General

Battleline
20 x Gutrippaz (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Gutrippaz (180)*
10 x Gutrippaz (180)*

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147
Drops: 3

Not sure on the command trait and mount trait. Artefact would probably be the Amulet. I imagene it playing like two blocks:
- Snatchaboss + 6 boltboyz + 10 gutrippaz
- Skumdrekk + 20 gutrippaz + Marshcrawla
The Killaboss could move between the two blocks as necessary and there is 10 Gutrripaz that could follow any of them.

If you don't want to use the Boltboyz at all, you can change Skumdrekk for another Snatchaboss to get 260 points for 10 hobgrotz + 10 gutrippaz/1 Breaka-boss.

Wow, where did you make this list? It looks like Warscroll Builder but the Kruleboyz don't seem to be in yet for me.

42 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

Wow, where did you make this list? It looks like Warscroll Builder but the Kruleboyz don't seem to be in yet for me.

I used the warscroll builder, just changed the units names and values that weren't there yet.

2 hours ago, Underworld40k said:

On the Killbows, some people on the whats-app group have played some games with them and said there are rather swing, really good if you get the VEW on the hit, lackluster if you don't. I don't see much value in them if you don't face monsters/lots of heroes regularly. Two is probably what you want to kill a monster in one turn, one to soft it up. I hoping to test with one and see if its worthy, but I have a feeling that the correct number will be two or zero in the end.

Boltboyz I would say that a unit of 6 (9 in Big Yellers) is a good start to every list (unless you want to go full melee). We have some good damage output on the army, but we don't seen to be able to take too many hits (save 4 ~ 6 on most of our units, just one +1 save ability, low bravery, no healing for monsters), so having a way to soften enemy units is useful.

• Like 2

I'm going to play my first few games on Sunday. So far the list is:

Big Yellers

Gobsprakk, the mouth of Mork
Snatchaboss on sludgeraker beast (fast'un + amulet of destiny) 
Swampcalla shaman and pot-grot (Supa Sneaky + Sneaky miasma)
Swampcalla shaman and pot-grot (Choking mist)
10 gutrippaz
10 gutrippaz
9 man-skewer boltboyz
6 man-skewer boltboyz
10 hobgrot slittaz
beast-skewer killbow

I can fit everything except Gobsprakk in a battle regiment. Kruleboyz have some cool tricks escpecially when you play first.

Unfortunately this means I can take only 1 artillery. 

Edited by spenson

27 minutes ago, glytch said:

The same mistake is on the app. So i do not think this is a mistake.

He can be played in Gloom's ally i guess.

Respectfully i have to disagree and say that this is clearly a mistake. The app is in beta and by a a lot of accounts as buggy as anything so i wouldn't lean to hard on that. I would be amazed if it doesn't get the keyword in the first FAQ in a month or so.

That said in a game setting RAW it is only eligable for Big Waaagh!

Edited by Underworld40k

17 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

By the same logic you could not use Hobgrots in a Kruleboyz list. So I also think it's a mistake.

Hobgrot Slittaz does have the Kruleboyz keyword.

Marshcrawla Sloggoth's +1 to hit aura is friendly units, not Kruleboyz units, i guess it means something.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Havkai said:

Played with big yellas against SoB
snatchaboss on drake with egomaniac
2 shamans one with Mork eye pebble
20-20 gutrippas with sticks
6-6 Boltboys
Killbow
Battle Regiment
Lost by leaving 1 gargant alive. So prety nice considering below average rolls.
Also after the game realised that I am 145points short and never used gutrippas - to hit ability that could save many boyz.

The shields wouldn't have mattered at all vs SOB. They no longer work against Monsters or Heroes. 

So.. what you guys are saying, is that a unit that is in the Kruleboyz section of the Warclans book, that has JUST been introduced with this new faction, with the same aesthetic (greenskins riding it), with the same branding and all on the warscroll, cannot be played in the Kruleboyz faction? Am I getting this right here?

33 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

So.. what you guys are saying, is that a unit that is in the Kruleboyz section of the Warclans book, that has JUST been introduced with this new faction, with the same aesthetic (greenskins riding it), with the same branding and all on the warscroll, cannot be played in the Kruleboyz faction? Am I getting this right here?

Rules as written, yes, that is correct. Until FAQ'd to say otherwise. 

41 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

Some are pointing out RAW this is indeed the case but is likely an error. Some are saying its a deliberate decision and is playable only in Big Waaagh by design.

Picture below Taken from the AOS Facebook post today - it has Kruelboyz drums - so even if it doesn't have Orruck keyword i am reasonably confident in my belief it will be getting the faq treatment. Of course this carries as much weight as a load of hot air (because WARCOM have never made a mistake in their comments) and now that said I am now tempting the fates and will happily eat humble pie if this is clarified as being very much a deliberate design decision.

241905917_1797338840462901_2988645146513 

• Like 1

Marshcrawla Sloggoth seems so good but also doesn't seem to fit in a Kruelboyz army.

+1 to hit Aura is great but I think if you're going for a more melee focused Gutrippaz build you're mostly looking to fish for mortals with Snatcha-boss support.

How do you guys feel about Rogue Idol? AoS 2 had a few strong Bonesplitterz Big Waagh list revolving around throwing him into the fray.

As per the new FAQ he has the Kruelboyz keyword. We could set him up 9" with super sneaky. Or simply Hero-phase move him with Sneaky Miasma.

With Big Waagh you could Mighty Destroyer, Sneaky Miasma and then move him in your turn for 30" of movement.

A little dissapointed in Gobbsprak, I think he's good and costed fairly. He's billed as great anti-magic but with no bonuses to cast/unbind I don't know how effective he'll be. (I may be biased magic armies I face are Hallowheart and Kroak).

22 minutes ago, Horizons said:

A little dissapointed in Gobbsprak, I think he's good and costed fairly. He's billed as great anti-magic but with no bonuses to cast/unbind I don't know how effective he'll be. (I may be biased magic armies I face are Hallowheart and Kroak).

im going to say he seem like a bully character to me. he goes around screwin up low cost spells so they blow up easily then once he NEEDS to get an unbind he can slap a mandrake once a game and pray for the d6 to land 6 mws. hes kunnin and cruel and i plan to use him and his decent mobility for a wizard to abuse low cost spells and casters.

Edited by P.T.Bahnum
  • Like 1

I think I'd be looking at something like this.

Leaders:

General Breaka-boss

Super Sneaky

Weird un'

Gobbsprak

Wurrgog Prophet (Gorkamorka's Warcry)

War Dancer

Battlelines:

Savage Orruks x 20

Ardboys 5

Ardboys 5

Other:

Boltboyz x 6

Rogue Idol

Umbral Spell Portal

A lot still up in the air, not sure about Breakaboss but you want a Kruelboys General to get Super sneaky. Mostly just want to get Pebbles in there doing work. Spell portal is to give extra range to Fight last and remove ward spells.

Not sure about troops at all.