AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

20 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Looks like a variant Killaboss. 

This is what I was thinking. Killaboss with boss sticka like most of the mounted killabosses. Could be our warband guy could be a different kit all together. I don't think it's part of the gutrippa kit though. Just wish we could start getting some articles again...

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Hey, great news, boyz!! Looks like Kruleboyz are going to be the biggest, baddest, most brutal and must kunnin' Orruks out there...

... just because GW decided to give those terribly overpowered Ironjawz a good round of nerfin'! 

You don't even know any Kruleboyz's monsters rules/profiles and if 4+ saves seems a big nerf, not sure that a faction that only has 2 units with better save than newcrushas will be the best...

Imho, wait for the book before crying.

41 minutes ago, Beliman said:

You don't even know any Kruleboyz's monsters rules/profiles and if 4+ saves seems a big nerf, not sure that a faction that only has 2 units with better save than newcrushas will be the best...

Imho, wait for the book before crying.

Well, what I do know is that the Killaboss on Greater Gnashtoof (while still not that impressive) now has a better safe than the Megaboss on Mawkrusha which doesn't make any sense if you look at the models. I also know that the nerf to the MBMK happened in the same development cycle that gave Stormcast Eternals a unit with a natural 2+ safe. That is also not the only nerf. Apparently Ard Boyz lost a point of Bravery as well as hit accuracy.

I also know that Stormcast Eternals, in said develoment cycle, got also the opportunity to access those Dragonrider dudes or Paladin units as Battleline, adding their Battleline options up to approximately 37. Meanwhile Kruleboyz have one very mediocre Battleline unit and the option for another one, adding up to an impressive total of two, if going with Big Yellers. And I seriously doubt there will be more because by now they would have probably given us an article about it to keep up some level of excitement after postponing the tome's release.

To show that I'm not only doom&gloom (or 'crying' as you so kindly put it): I still like the Kruleboyz' aesthetic, I still want to do a desert raider style Big Yeller army (think sand- or cream-coloured cloth and sand dune bases), and Boltboyz, Swamcallahs and Beastskewers seem really good! 

But how can you remain that optimistic after weeks of nothing except two sculpts without (except the Underworld Grot and the vulture boy) and nerfs to Ironjawz?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Well, what I do know is that the Killaboss on Greater Gnashtoof (while still not that impressive) now has a better safe than the Megaboss on Mawkrusha which doesn't make any sense if you look at the models. I also know that the nerf to the MBMK happened in the same development cycle that gave Stormcast Eternals a unit with a natural 2+ safe. That is also not the only nerf. Apparently Ard Boyz lost a point of Bravery as well as hit accuracy.

I also know that Stormcast Eternals, in said develoment cycle, got also the opportunity to access those Dragonrider dudes or Paladin units as Battleline, adding their Battleline options up to approximately 37. Meanwhile Kruleboyz have one very mediocre Battleline unit and the option for another one, adding up to an impressive total of two, if going with Big Yellers. And I seriously doubt there will be more because by now they would have probably given us an article about it to keep up some level of excitement after postponing the tome's release.

To show that I'm not only doom&gloom (or 'crying' as you so kindly put it): I still like the Kruleboyz' aesthetic, I still want to do a desert raider style Big Yeller army (think sand- or cream-coloured cloth and sand dune bases), and Boltboyz, Swamcallahs and Beastskewers seem really good! 

But how can you remain that optimistic after weeks of nothing except two sculpts without (except the Underworld Grot and the vulture boy) and nerfs to Ironjawz?

But you know that SCE had always meh rules in their books for all this "easy to pick, paint and play" army!  90% of their power-level was always printed on their warscrolls. Are you taking that in mind too?

But my point is that we only saw some profiles, without their own abilities, allegiance, subfactions, artefacts, traits, etc... people complain without looking at the whole picture (there are exceptions like Salamander pack in 2.0), but as we saw with Graveboys, wait until you have played 3 or 4 games to see with the new book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

I started worrying as soon as I saw how bad Kragnos was and nothing has been teased for warclans that takes that bad taste out of my mouth. Instead it looks like the same design style as Kragnos and that’s really worrying.

They are obviously pushing SCE quite hard and for some reason don’t feel like sharing equivalent information for Kruleboyz. I suspect there just isn’t that much to spoil for a small range that is 1/3 of a pre-existing battletome.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is admittedly lots we don't know yet, e.g. , as @Beliman pointed out, both heroes on Sludgeraker, the Troggoth and that other thing with the Grotz on top. Also the Killaboss on vulture is near unknown. But I somehow suspect they'll turn out somewhat generic as well, similar to the other two Killabosses. Let's just hope that there won't be anymore nerfs to an army that was never at the top of the pecking order in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

this isn't the worst perhaps, given the game has always (and will always remain) unbalanced and with power moving around (I.e creeping around I suppose).. at least aesthetics cant be nerfed is my point! power come and go but models remain :D and these guys are the best those brilliant GW artists have churned out to date imo

• Like 3

I don't get the doom and gloom, especially this early. While it will of course depend on final rules and synergies, I see a lot of potential with a base of shooting units backed up by 2-3 monster heroes. Especially if the caster vulture can shutdown or mitigate casting heavy armies. With a few tricks to mitigate early damage or control the game flow, the kruleboyz are positioned to be strong in 3.0 (usual disclaimer about points/stats).

10 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Firstly we have absolutely no set statement on anything battleline. as someone who has a lumineth army and watched the second release closely, they said nothing about bladelords being battleline until the book was already available for preorders for some time. we cant know what we are getting and we have 2 options of units that could very well be battleline. battleline is not dictated purely on allegiances either, any boss could bring the hobgrots or the sloggoths into battleline. the idea that they will give us everything in the books before preorder isnt likely at all because then they have nothing to spoil while between preorder and release.

secondly it is hard to remain optimistic but i think more then a few of us here arent looking for a top tier army or even much above mid tier. yes its nice to win but as woolf pointed out buffs and nerfs can and will happen but atleast we have amazing models. im sorry for your disappointment but i doubt ironjaws were nerfed for kruleboys but rather likely for a change in big waaaghs abilities. there is no proof that some changes (possibly strong ones) havent been made to many allegiance abilities. be worried all you like but try and keep moral rather then shooting the book before it releases.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Old tome contains 19 warscrolls

New tome contains 37 warscrolls 

What do you think ?

im lost on what point your making? im sorry are you saying its bad kruleboyz got more? i mean 1 of those is karagnos as well. i mean did you pose this complaint we ironjaws joined bonesplittas? honestly just lost on this?

29 minutes ago, cyrus said:

What do you think ?

GHB2021 has 29 listed units under Warclans, if Hedrakkas mob from BS underworlds is split in two then that equals 30 warscrolls, which the dominion Kruleboyz make up 7. The remaining 7 come from the Kruleboyz units we dont have warscrolls for.

Edited by PlayerJ
punctuation
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cyrus said:

What do you think ?

Old book (19 units)

Headkrakkas Madmob
Morgoks Krushas
Kragnos
Dominion (7 units)
Aligator monster (2 units)
Vulture monster (2 units)
Boltthrower
Breaka-boss on Troggoth
Troggoth w. grots
Kruleboyz underworld warband

= 37 warscrolls

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

im lost on what point your making? im sorry are you saying its bad kruleboyz got more? i mean 1 of those is karagnos as well. i mean did you pose this complaint we ironjaws joined bonesplittas? honestly just lost on this?

I think he's trying to hint at the possibility of there being more Kruleboyz/Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz yet to come since old 19 Orruks plus new known 14 (if I remember correctly) Kruleboyz would equal 33 entries. Add Kragnos and the Underworlds gang and the possible vulture boy and that's 36. There might be more.

Edit: Nevermind. Math done by others above looks legit.

And, for goodness sake, this is wargaming forum. Let me vent a little frustration over nerfs to Ironjawz that seem really unnecessary. 

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PlayerJ said:

GHB2021 has 29 listed units under Warclans, if Hedrakkas mob from BS underworlds is split in two then that equals 30 warscrolls, which the dominion Kruleboyz make up 7. The remaining 7 come from the Kruleboyz units we dont have warscrolls for.

So the remaning 7 we can assume are :

Breakaboss on Troggoth 

Beastskewer

Sloggoth

Swamboss 

Snatchboss

Gobsprakk 

Killaboss on vulture

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

And, for goodness sake, this is wargaming forum. Let me vent a little frustration over nerfs to Ironjawz that seem really unnecessary. 

you should air all the frustration you want. What can make me stop checking this forum on a regular basis is when people gets frustrated over things they dont know anything about. This is unfortunately what i think is happening in this kruleboyz thread. I know some things are most likely nerfs but we dont know anything yet.

Lets be frustrated when we get the book and see actualt nerfs but lets hope for the best untill then.

Ohh and by the way. Nerfs to some units does not equal a bad army. This just gives us the opportunity to make new builds.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, mrteige said:

you should air all the frustration you want. What can make me stop checking this forum on a regular basis is when people gets frustrated over things they dont know anything about. This is unfortunately what i think is happening in this kruleboyz thread. I know some things are most likely nerfs but we dont know anything yet.

Lets be frustrated when we get the book and see actualt nerfs but lets hope for the best untill then.

Ohh and by the way. Nerfs to some units does not equal a bad army. This just gives us the opportunity to make new builds.

Well, alright then. While we, to be clear, know something about actual nerfs to Ironjawz (check out the discussion in the respective forum) and thus your accusation of me knowing nothing about nerfs is technically incorrect, I'll keep quiet then.

I apologize for having made someone's hobby content more miserable or less exciting, should that be the case. That wasn't my intention. Have fun, boyz.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

ok it took me a while to find the leak and i only found the brutes but they are looking amazing now? i understand mbmk got nerfed out of the 3+ (fixed to 2+ in many ways) with a 6++ to a 4+ and yes that sucks but unless we get something that tacks on available wounds like the mbmk i still think its great. yes the 3+ on kbgt is very strong and probably pushed for sales but its not like ironjawz didn't receive some buffs too. on ardboyz they have an extra attack now. granted the to hit is worse but ill take the extra attack that can have its on hit buffed back. also the ironjawz might get allegiance buffs. while i was looking at them recently they seemed a bit weak anyway so they might've been brought in line. lets wait and see but now that i found the links i understand your frustration but am not fully sure its as bad as was first stated.

25 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

ok it took me a while to find the leak and i only found the brutes but they are looking amazing now? i understand mbmk got nerfed out of the 3+ (fixed to 2+ in many ways) with a 6++ to a 4+ and yes that sucks but unless we get something that tacks on available wounds like the mbmk i still think its great. yes the 3+ on kbgt is very strong and probably pushed for sales but its not like ironjawz didn't receive some buffs too. on ardboyz they have an extra attack now. granted the to hit is worse but ill take the extra attack that can have its on hit buffed back. also the ironjawz might get allegiance buffs. while i was looking at them recently they seemed a bit weak anyway so they might've been brought in line. lets wait and see but now that i found the links i understand your frustration but am not fully sure its as bad as was first stated.

Ardboys would have gained 1A and now have worse bravery, hit and no rend. Its a substantial nerf if true

Litreally all brutes got was a single extra rend on one weapon profile.

Not mega keen on them pushing Kruleboyz by internally nerfing the rest of the battletome.

2 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

Ardboys would have gained 1A and now have worse bravery, hit and no rend. Its a substantial nerf if true

Litreally all brutes got was a single extra rend on one weapon profile.

Not mega keen on them pushing Kruleboyz by internally nerfing the rest of the battletome.

I believe that Ardboy rumour has been revealed to be non-sense: they got the stats from a really old box, not a new one.