AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

51 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Yes, when talking about Grand Strategy they explicitly stated they needed to keep the Gutrippas alive to score it. 

I don't doubt that it's a demo game to show off the contents of Dominion, however, they could have easily just called it Narrative or Open Play rather than Matched Play and not worried about the fact people might notice the Orruk list was not actually legal in that kind of game. 

Yeah, its probably just to show off the dominion content.

My fear is that if they are using our full rules from the upcoming tome, hobgrtoz will probably not be a battleline option. It would mean that neither Grinning blades sub allegiance or in the Kruleboyz allegiance. The Skulbugz sub allegiance would be the only one that hasn't been ruled out. If there is no way to make the hobgrotz count as battleline and if we don't get a way to use the Sloggoth as battleline, 2 of our 3 sub allegiances will be forced to always include 3 Gutrippaz for matched play. I really hope we get another battleline option other the Boltboyz, which are locked into a specific sub allegiance alredy.

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Yeah, its probably just to show off the dominion content.

My fear is that if they are using our full rules from the upcoming tome, hobgrtoz will probably not be a battleline option. It would mean that neither Grinning blades sub allegiance or in the Kruleboyz allegiance. The Skulbugz sub allegiance would be the only one that hasn't been ruled out. If there is no way to make the hobgrotz count as battleline and if we don't get a way to use the Sloggoth as battleline, 2 of our 3 sub allegiances will be forced to always include 3 Gutrippaz for matched play. I really hope we get another battleline option other the Boltboyz, which are locked into a specific sub allegiance alredy.

I'm still going out on a limb with this but the breakaboss is often seen with them. THIS IS SPECULATION! But we could also have a general in the orruks that give them battleline. Doesn't have to be a hobgrot general. And with breakaboss being the only breaks unit (I'm counting both snatchaboss and skumdrekk for snatcha) he's kinda odd man out it's not impossible. And since it sounds like a dominion box matched game they wouldn't have included him. Just food for thought.

25 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

I'm still going out on a limb with this but the breakaboss is often seen with them. THIS IS SPECULATION! But we could also have a general in the orruks that give them battleline. Doesn't have to be a hobgrot general. And with breakaboss being the only breaks unit (I'm counting both snatchaboss and skumdrekk for snatcha) he's kinda odd man out it's not impossible. And since it sounds like a dominion box matched game they wouldn't have included him. Just food for thought.

Totally forgot that the general could open some battleline options as well! None of the heroes seens to make much sense with the hobgrtoz by what we know so far, but maybe there is some lore we didn't saw yet to explain it.

45 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Totally forgot that the general could open some battleline options as well! None of the heroes seens to make much sense with the hobgrtoz by what we know so far, but maybe there is some lore we didn't saw yet to explain it.

I mean hobgoblins from fantasy were mercinaries. Literally anyone could do it just cause "lore reasons" and it's make perfect sense. I'm only leaning towards the breakaboss cause it's book art literally has the hobgrot banner in it.

It's understandable that they would want Gutrippaz as an integral part in basically all Kruleboyz lists, since they are the 'quintessential' Kuruleboyz with Scareshields, but having just a singular battleline option outside of Big Yellers feels very restrictive.

They could still go the Lumineth route and say that for every unit Gutrippaz you my declare one unit of Hobgrotz or a Sloggoth as battleline. 

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

It's understandable that they would want Gutrippaz as an integral part in basically all Kruleboyz lists, since they are the 'quintessential' Kuruleboyz with Scareshields, but having just a singular battleline option outside of Big Yellers feels very restrictive.

They could still go the Lumineth route and say that for every unit Gutrippaz you my declare one unit of Hobgrotz or a Sloggoth as battleline. 

Since Dominion comes with 2 Battleline for SCE and only 1 for Kruelboyz I'd bet this is pretty close to on the money.

9 hours ago, Maephi said:

Since Dominion comes with 2 Battleline for SCE and only 1 for Kruelboyz I'd bet this is pretty close to on the money.

Sadly they did the same thing for slaanesh/daughters box so its possible the box uses the big yeller battleline much like how slaanesh could use godseekers to reach theirs. I have my doubts we are going to be like lumineth as theirs is meant to be a focus based on the military strategy. With us looking more like gorilla tactics I don't think it'll be battleline unlocking battleline. My money's on bosses unlocking battleline.

1 minute ago, Bolty said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry if it has already been shared but I think I saw one unit for the kruleboyz that was never shared elsewhere.

I saw it in the White dwarf 467, in the battle report. The name is something like "Kill from afar" (transalated from french) and seems to be some kind catapult.

kruleboyz.jpg.3312a52a44a5123133062d9a2d610c3e.jpg

Did someone saw this before ?

To me its look like a Boltboyz unit behind a terrain piece.

4 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

To me its look like a Boltboyz unit behind a terrain piece.

Yes indeed, after looking it again and checking the list they made it was some boltboyz.
Maybe it was wishfull thinking, but I really thought that it was a catapult ..

As we have been speculating, Kruleboyz will be appearing on the next Underworlds season! The warband is called Da Kunnin' Krew and have 2 grots in it (one of them, Gikkit was revealed today):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/30/meet-gikkit-the-herald-of-a-new-season-of-warhammer-underworlds/

Unless they change the formula this season, the Leader of the warband will be a named version of one of our Heroes. Any guess/wishes for which one we gonna get? I personally would like to see a Shaman to give us a alternative sculpt for lists that use more than one, but if this release taught me anything is that I probably gonna be a Killaboss...

vXJOE742mpZ5KyWP.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

As we have been speculating, Kruleboyz will be appearing on the next Underworlds season! The warband is called Da Kunnin' Krew and have 2 grots in it (one of them, Gikkit was revealed today):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/30/meet-gikkit-the-herald-of-a-new-season-of-warhammer-underworlds/

Unless they change the formula this season, the Leader of the warband will be a named version of one of our Heroes. Any guess/wishes for which one we gonna get? I personally would like to see a Shaman to give us a alternative sculpt for lists that use more than one, but if this release taught me anything is that I probably gonna be a Killaboss...

vXJOE742mpZ5KyWP.jpg

The warband leaders aren’t always a named version of an existing hero though (Thorns of the Briar Queen, Ylthari’s Guardians, Skaeth’s Wild Hunt, Rippa’s Snarlfangs, the Dread Pageant, Kainan’s Reapers). Given the design of this grot with chains as snares, we could be getting a Snatchaboss on foot, which is something we haven’t already seen.

8 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

The warband leaders aren’t always a named version of an existing hero though (Thorns of the Briar Queen, Ylthari’s Guardians, Skaeth’s Wild Hunt, Rippa’s Snarlfangs, the Dread Pageant, Kainan’s Reapers). Given the design of this grot with chains as snares, we could be getting a Snatchaboss on foot, which is something we haven’t already seen.

Yeah that is true, but they are more often than not if the faction they depict already exist. Still, a Snatchaboss on foot would be cool!

2 hours ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

Betting these guys will actually be in the battletome on release?

(Sorry posted as a statement not a question).

I was wondering exactly this. If the underworlds season drop latter this year (December like last year) it wouldn't make much sense to have them in a battletome that was supposed to be released in August. I think it will depend on how fast they will tease the new season and reveal the two warbands in the starter box. If they don't rush it, it probably mean they aren't in the battletomes.

2 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I doubt they'll be in the Battletome, we're already getting 3 of the warbands in there IIRC. But until the new season is out they won't be shown and hopefully we're actually getting the new book well before season 5 starter box comes out. 

I mean necrons codex came out with unreleased models like the shadow dragon(? Think that's what it was called I don't remember sorry) so it not impossible that they include it in the tome. I mean your likely right I'm just stating it's not impossible.

If the schedule was kept, people would already have the new Battletome and thus 'spoilt' the Underworlds warbands if they were going to be featured. Since this is the first teaser we've had of the new season, I think it's fair to assume the warbands are not going to be included in the BT.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If the schedule was kept, people would already have the new Battletome and thus 'spoilt' the Underworlds warbands if they were going to be featured. Since this is the first teaser we've had of the new season, I think it's fair to assume the warbands are not going to be included in the BT.

So the battletomes schedule was August. assuming they didnt allow preorders until this previous saturday. (to allow dates for this it would be aug 28th as the last day possible do preorders by the time they scheduled, and they showed the model the 30th) Most people wouldnt have the battletome until its actual release not its preorder thus they could still show these off and it wouldve been the same. Just saying necrons showed off units before they were released as well. still not impossible based off previous releases.

Edited by P.T.Bahnum

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If they would have released the battletome in time they might have revealed the Underworld warband earlier, and they might have delayed the reveal until now that the book is delayed. The mini look nice, but I hope they have a schaman in it since you will probably want to run 2 or 3 of them in your list so nice with an alternative sculpt.

While I am sure the vast majority of us that are interested in KB want a Shaman model outside of Dominion, I'm also reminded that Nighthaunt are super reliant on their heroes and the ones you want were exclusively tied to Soul Wars boxes, and they still are. Hopefully GW will have learnt since then and we get some clampacks for the heroes individually but there's a precedent for them to not do so. 

Well, for Daughters they did release the Melusai Ironscale individually a few months after Shadow and Pain was released. But all options for Slaughter Queens, Hag Queens and Blooswrack Medusas are locked in the Cauldron kits. Lumineth on the other hand, one of the newer armies, can or have to get all their heroes seperately since there is no Start Collecting available (not counting the 'limited' launch box).

We finally got some hidden models in photos! In a recent Instagram photo we can see this little guy and his pet vulture in the back. The vulture and the spear are both rumor enginees! I would guess it is either part the of the incoming underworlds warband or a alternate build for the multi part Guttripaz kit.

IMG-20210901-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, Arzalyn said:

We finally got some hidden models in photos! In a recent Instagram photo we can see this little guy and his pet vulture in the back. The vulture and the spear are both rumor enginees! I would guess it is either part the of the incoming underworlds warband or a alternate build for the multi part Guttripaz kit.

IMG-20210901-WA0000.jpg

I love how creepy they look! Common GW, give us the battletomes and models.