AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 hour ago, C0deb1ue said:

I do like having a reasonable chance of a decent game and have already been burned by investing in gloomspite. They have great models but their rules are so bad that you eventually notice how hard it is to win vs other armies. Literally all armies are narrative but it can be immersion breaking when all your epically described things are thr very opposite in practice.

oh I completely agree. this wasn't me saying its 100% balanced this was a statement that it isn't balanced and yes in most (looking at gargants) cases destruction is a very narrative army. sadly I think that's where they want us. I'm merely saying that if anyone is getting into this army for competitive reasons you have 2 choices: look at order or play 40k orks RIGHT NOW because that's a ticking time bomb too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I expect what @C0deb1ue and @P.T.Bahnum talks about, but at least I want Kruleboyz to be really fun to play with and against.

With lot's of tricks, gimmicks and rare synergies that turns our army one of the most fun and interesting one to play for the whole edition.

Well they have definitely been some teasers that point towards cool things.

We look like a debuff army. There's that cool extra monster move in the hero phase and the new spell lore that reduces attacks/stops run. These sorts of things give me faith!!

• Like 1

I've got a sizeable amount of Slaanesh stuff, they've been a faction I've loved, and played, since Fantasy. I've had the goalposts moved on me before. I love KB aesthetic and am having a blast painting them, like others have said all I want out of the game is to not ROFLstomp everyone, nor get ROFLstomped in return. 

• Like 2

I think the breakaboss on mirebtute troggoth has some interaction with the hobgrots. In most of the pictures of it's model on the field it's near hobgrots but most interesting is in today's artwork of it you can clearly see the banner from the hobgrots. Anyone think it might be the general that makes them battleline?

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

I think the breakaboss on mirebtute troggoth has some interaction with the hobgrots. In most of the pictures of it's model on the field it's near hobgrots but most interesting is in today's artwork of it you can clearly see the banner from the hobgrots. Anyone think it might be the general that makes them battleline?

Not sure, until we can see the actual book. How long we have to wait will depend on it GW send out advance copies to people to preview it.

Pretty sure that come Sunday we'll know that pre-order will be up the following Saturday. As much as I don't want to join in on ragging on GW at the moment all the previews saying "available in August" meaning that no, you can pre-order in August but you're not getitng anything in your hands until September, that's bad in my book. Especially for a new "army" having nothing to go off other than post after post teasing what's in the book, it's not a lot of fun and my hype is almost gone. 

30 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Pretty sure that come Sunday we'll know that pre-order will be up the following Saturday. As much as I don't want to join in on ragging on GW at the moment all the previews saying "available in August" meaning that no, you can pre-order in August but you're not getitng anything in your hands until September, that's bad in my book. Especially for a new "army" having nothing to go off other than post after post teasing what's in the book, it's not a lot of fun and my hype is almost gone. 

Not to white knight for gw cause I'm not thrilled with them either I do need to point out the announcement was available for preorder in August. As much as this hype train is dying let's not crucify them for things advertised badly but correct.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MiniJunkie said:

Are you guys painting up your hobgrotz? I find I've painted all my other Kruleboyz, but I'm hesitant to put the work into the little guys after reading a review (Goonhammer) that essentially said they were terrible...

So I have no proof other then pictures but I think the breakaboss will have something to do with them. In many pictures of the boss with the army you can find hobgrots near him and his book art has the hobgrot banner. All speculation but they might be worth painting if it's true. Either way you can wait on them for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiniJunkie said:

Are you guys painting up your hobgrotz? I find I've painted all my other Kruleboyz, but I'm hesitant to put the work into the little guys after reading a review (Goonhammer) that essentially said they were terrible...

Also in the waiting camp, we’ll see in a couple weeks. I enjoyed painting everything else though, and whilst I think my scheme is a little dark, I’m happy with em!

roll on the vulture and big crossbow/boltboyz

In my limited experience thus far, the hobgrotz have played a useful role in just taking up a bunch of space for not so many points, so useful screens, for zoning, and objective capture.

They've also wildly overperformed for me in terms of their dice rolls, which helps, but the sheer weight of dice a unit can throw in melee does open up the possibility of occasional spikes in effectiveness that way.

• Like 2

I've not even assembled mine yet as I want to see how they're going to fit into the wider Battletome before I worry about them. If they're cheap and I can screen, or even Battleline, great, but if I have to be taking 180pts Gutrippas as Battleline to manage a full KB army, then that, plus the monsters, we'll see if there's any points left. 

• Like 1

The expected announcement that next week's pre-orders would be the battletomes and first wave of SCE/OWC models hasn't actually happened, so it'll be longer til the books and Kruleboyz appear.

The article does mention there'll be more 'greenskin goodness' this week. I'd like to hope that means we'll see more Warclans/Kruleboyz stuff but knowing my luck it'll just be referencing the 40k Ork releases :P

• Confused 1

If it's more Warclan previews, but without the pre-order, then I'm sorry but it's killing my hype right now. I'm on board for the Kruleboyz but I've already waited almost all this month for the pre-order and now we're not going to be able to do it until September at the earliest, who knows when we'll actually see anything. 

15 minutes ago, DanteAlighieri said:

Hate to sound like a downer, but the hype is wearing down for me. I'm still interested in making a Kruleboyz army but it's shifted down a gear. 

Check out my post below if  you are interested in my own rules design if you have the models or at least bases this is all you need for 3.0,  I would not say it a better GW alternative or to any other community post. But I suggest such as an alternative, despite it a work in progress. I encourage any feedback even if they hate it more than anything in their life lol. 

Edited by Blood0Tiger