AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Depending on what the monsters like the sludgeraker and that other thing can do, it looks like Kruleboyz lists will be quite uniform: I'm with @NinthMusketeer and predict lots of Big Yeller gangs with Boltboyz, Skewers and Shamans. And while I really like that type of army it's also a shame that outright amazing models such as Gutrippaz, both Killabosses and the Murknob with banner feel so lackluster in comparison. 

But then again, there's still quite a lot that we don't know about Kruleboyz yet, even if there aren't any new models.

4 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Depending on what the monsters like the sludgeraker and that other thing can do, it looks like Kruleboyz lists will be quite uniform: I'm with @NinthMusketeer and predict lots of Big Yeller gangs with Boltboyz, Skewers and Shamans. And while I really like that type of army it's also a shame that outright amazing models such as Gutrippaz, both Killabosses and the Murknob with banner feel so lackluster in comparison. 

But then again, there's still quite a lot that we don't know about Kruleboyz yet, even if there aren't any new models.

That definitely feels like the way the wind is blowing but all it takes is a few Dirty tricks or core battalions with a Melee focus to completely change the balance.

40 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Looks like we will have to wait another week (next Sunday will probably be our tome/models pre order announce), but on the bright side the article today say they have multiple models to reveal this week... Maybe we will get something?

I want to believe there still is. im holding last weeks bet. I DOUBT IT! but i want to believe.

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Looks like we will have to wait another week (next Sunday will probably be our tome/models pre order announce), but on the bright side the article today say they have multiple models to reveal this week... Maybe we will get something?

What article are you talking about because I don’t see anything dated today on WC...

4 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

If they give us a Battleline Cavalry reveal, or even just another Orruk infantry unit I'll be stoked. 

May I recommend checking out my post if you are interested in my personal  project I've made public. Includes many unit designs you could change to your needs if the info is not to your liking. 

I know it will likely never happen but I am hoping for them to build on the Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth and Hobgrots with a new unit. I personally would love a unit of regular sized Troggoth riders mounted by Hobgrots. I think it would nicely tie together some of the more disparate elements of the faction while also keeping in the themes and aesthetic established. We would get a second unit of Hobgrots, further evidence of Troggoths as beasts of burden for the faction, and potentially a intermediate species between the Sloggoth and Mirebrute Troggoth.

If this happened then the lesser Gnashtooth riders could be Orruks, allowing people to build a mixed Kruelboyz army with monsters and goblins or a more Orruk heavy list. 

• LOVE IT! 2

Anyone else feel like we've been waiting for an age for Battletomes? I don't know what Covid is still doing to the release times but it seems like this has been a huge wait since Dominion came out. Might just be me being impatient but I'm really eager to get my hands on the Battletome. Hopefully Warclans will be more like Codex Space Marines and less like Codex Necrons. First books in a new edition can be dicey. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Anyone else feel like we've been waiting for an age for Battletomes? I don't know what Covid is still doing to the release times but it seems like this has been a huge wait since Dominion came out. Might just be me being impatient but I'm really eager to get my hands on the Battletome. Hopefully Warclans will be more like Codex Space Marines and less like Codex Necrons. First books in a new edition can be dicey. 

As a brand new player (running Kruleboyz) very eager to get stuck into AoS, the wait has been excruciating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I feel you. I don't really have any experience on how GW usually handles new armies and their release. But I preordered Domimion on the 19th of June. That's two months now, and we don't even have an actual date for preordering the battletome. So it'll be closer to three months before we get complete rules to play Kruleboyz effectively.

The hype is dying down for me too, I was really looking forward to the new bits but the long wait is killing that now. I know I’ll end up buying stuff when it’s released but I’m still a little offput by the limited info we have had.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

You don't want it to be like either of those books. Space marines are rapidly disappearing under a bunch of ridiculous books. The last thing you want is to be a fair and balanced book at the beginning of an edition... you will just get overrun by the creep.. and that creep is guaranteed as it's how they push models.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, papary said:

The hype is dying down for me too, I was really looking forward to the new bits but the long wait is killing that now. I know I’ll end up buying stuff when it’s released but I’m still a little offput by the limited info we have had.

It is crazy how little we know but is that normal for brand new releases?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

It is crazy how little we know but is that normal for brand new releases?

its normal , the Slaaneshi release and most release afterward where pretty lacking of infomation until Man who read book reveal the whole kitchen sink. so it not really surprising, people just don't really consider it on releases they don't care about until it happens on a release they actually do

• Like 6

6 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

You don't want it to be like either of those books. Space marines are rapidly disappearing under a bunch of ridiculous books. The last thing you want is to be a fair and balanced book at the beginning of an edition... you will just get overrun by the creep.. and that creep is guaranteed as it's how they push models.

I mean as much as I agree with this, even if we got something good it'd still be over run. For a while nurgle was strong in 40k now its starting to fall behind as well. honestly with power creep even if we got a strong book the rest would just be stronger. id honestly say we will probably not remain much above upper mid tier for long. we are not the next ko, dot, or lrl or anything top tier. I imagine we will be strong enough to start with then slowly make our way back down to mid tier. and we should be happy if we stay there and dont go lower. honestly this will end as a narrative army regardless of strength of tome at release cause we are a starting army. this is a bad thing though. its fine to be narrative in AoS. our tournaments are not as important to gw as 40k as such having a competitive army is more or less a bragging right over anything else. play the game to enjoy the game and don't worry about the rest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

I mean as much as I agree with this, even if we got something good it'd still be over run. For a while nurgle was strong in 40k now its starting to fall behind as well. honestly with power creep even if we got a strong book the rest would just be stronger. id honestly say we will probably not remain much above upper mid tier for long. we are not the next ko, dot, or lrl or anything top tier. I imagine we will be strong enough to start with then slowly make our way back down to mid tier. and we should be happy if we stay there and dont go lower. honestly this will end as a narrative army regardless of strength of tome at release cause we are a starting army. this is a bad thing though. its fine to be narrative in AoS. our tournaments are not as important to gw as 40k as such having a competitive army is more or less a bragging right over anything else. play the game to enjoy the game and don't worry about the rest.

Unfortunately many people are both on unstable ground for certainty out of their investments to GW and also unwilling or unable to create ideas and share thoughts to make improvements of their own if their trust cannot be earned by GW. Peoples own enjoyment and self respect only too often forgotten in times of uncertainty. Shouldn't blame others on managing expectations more than your own.

We've all got our own views on how the game should be, its always going round and round here on this forum, this isn't the place for this and we have more threads here and ideas in everyone's heads to make new ones. I for one have been trying to change my own views and expectations out of the hobby and beyond with warhammer, its not easy, but I feel I've been somewhat more satisfied with the progress. 

Edited by Blood0Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

I do like having a reasonable chance of a decent game and have already been burned by investing in gloomspite. They have great models but their rules are so bad that you eventually notice how hard it is to win vs other armies. Literally all armies are narrative but it can be immersion breaking when all your epically described things are thr very opposite in practice.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1