AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

36 minutes ago, grimshwiz said:

What makes you think that? Just that the SCE got a cavalry unit?

If you check what's been given to each army since dominon it's been equal amounts of each thing. Even down to both armies receiving 2 new named heros and a semi equal number if units past that. If we are not receiving cavalry what's the theory on what we get. They will give us something as well with what they've done so far.

• Like 2

Right, so...

Kruleboyz:

-Boss on monster trogg

-Boss on swamp beastie

-Named character on swamp beastie

-Bunch of grots on hunchback trogg

-Bolt thrower

-Boss on angry chicken

-Named character on angry chicken

SCE:

-Named dragon

-Named dragon

-Named character on foot

-Ranged hero on foot

-Ranged infantry

-Chariot

-Dragon rider hero

-Dragon rider unit

I'm not seeing the "equal amounts of each thing" personally, can you link it up to show your thinking?

Edited by NinthMusketeer
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Right, so...

Kruleboyz:

-Boss on monster trogg

-Boss on swamp beastie

-Named character on swamp beastie

-Bunch of grots on hunchback trogg

-Bolt thrower

-Boss on angry chicken

-Named character on angry chicken

SCE:

-Named dragon

-Named dragon

-Named character on foot

-Ranged hero on foot

-Ranged infantry

-Chariot

-Dragon rider hero

-Dragon rider unit

I'm not seeing the "equal amounts of each thing" personally, can you link it up to show your thinking?

An equal amount of spoilers is what I should have said. I'm sorry I have to respond while at work. I also forgot the lord on foot was named. But following most of what they have done we should get one more reveal before this goes to preorder. Almost every reveal (again I'm at work so checking this fact is hard) has been mirrored by a reveal for the opposing faction. So humor me if it's not cavalry what would it be? The only other rumor we had was the cavalry. And if this was the last reveal we would have gotten the preorder day.

Ok so going all the way back to the dominion box and moving forward up until today we had been within 1 unit difference with the sce. correct me if my list is missing something or wrong. I used more general terms for each but in most cases they matched up decently well. I used hero for anything that could be a general, totems for banner boys, artillery for anything I assumed was artillery, mounted for non-hero mounted units, and infantry to cover everything else (cause while we know some of the battleline we also know some will be conditional).

mouth of mork (hero) - blue dragon (hero)
kb on bird (hero)- red dragon (hero)
Skumdrekk (hero)- bastian carthalos (hero)
snatchboss on sludgeraker(hero)- knight relictor(hero)
KB on Gnashtoof (hero)- yndrasta (hero)
Kb with SG (hero)- Lord imperatant (hero)
Swampcalla (hero)- knight arcanum (hero)
Murknob (totem)- knight vexillor (totem)
Gutrippas w/spears (infantry)- annihilators (infantry)
Boltboyz (infantry)- Vindictors (infantry)
hobgrotz (infantry)- praetors (infantry)
Gutrippas w/hand weapons (infantry)- annihilators w/2 hand (infantry)
Sloggoth (mounted unit) -/- Vanquishors (infantry)
Beast-skewer killbow (artillery)- knight judicator (artillery/infantry?)
Breakaboos on trogg (hero)- stormstirke chariot (mounted unit)
(unpaired) - vigilors (infantry)

after todays preview
(unpaired)- knight draconis (hero)
(unpaired)- Stormdrake guard

am I crazy here? I mean before today they only had 1 unit more then us? it seems likely we will get another reveal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

Ok so going all the way back to the dominion box and moving forward up until today we had been within 1 unit difference with the sce. correct me if my list is missing something or wrong. I used more general terms for each but in most cases they matched up decently well. I used hero for anything that could be a general, totems for banner boys, artillery for anything I assumed was artillery, mounted for non-hero mounted units, and infantry to cover everything else (cause while we know some of the battleline we also know some will be conditional).

after todays preview

am I crazy here? I mean before today they only had 1 unit more then us? it seems likely we will get another reveal.

i mean that the hope and logic we are going on, i keep mentioning that there still an unsolved Kruleboyz Harpoon rumor engine that still floating about

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

after todays preview

Thanks for doing this! So at present they have 3 more units released than the boyz.

I guess we can just hope that there is more and that bin guy hasn't ruined the warclans battletome.

Wouldn't mind no more models if the rules are good rather than what's been teased so far but their is certainly space for some cav!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

after todays preview

Nice compilation! I could swear that SCE got more than us (before today reveal), but its good to see that the difference is just 1 unit. Other than the rumor engine @novakai mentioned and the mirrored reveals making sense, there is nothing pointing that we will get more models (no "Kruleboyz look back next week" or anything like that in the articles). Still, lets be optimistic while we can.

Assuming that they are doing mirrored releases each Monday, our next reveal would be another hero or generic monster? The article don't make clear if the Stormdrake guard is a two models cavalry unit or just a single monster. If the theme is simple a mounted unit/they are a 2 model cavalry with a hero option (like nurgle have), maybe ours could be a cavalry? If that is the case I doubt it would have a hero option, so maybe it will be a dual kit? It would be a neat way to give us 2 units with a single kit reveal!

Gnashtoof is more likely I'd think but I guess an option (and this is wishful thinking) perhaps the hobgrot hero people were hoping for. I'd be amazingly grateful if we got 2 units and one was a hero that made the other unit battleline like the sce reveal but I doubt that will happen.

4 hours ago, Marius au said:

I feel like they need another orc unit kit (cav or infantry) and ideally it would be a dual kit as there are very few units of orcs (lots of monsters and characters but not so many regular grunts).

I think another common wishlist was an elite murknob unit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Here's the thing; Orruks already have regular cavalry; boarboyz and morboyz. And monstrous cavalry; gore-gruntas. No, they aren't Kruleboyz but that's the point; not everyone gets everything.

Except SCE. They are the poster boys, they get everything.

Reduces the point in having subfactions if you are forced to play big waagh to get a normal spread of unit types. Some flying cavalry would provide a good niche to add to Kruleboyz and not encroach on the others.

I hope they approached making this new line of minis as a well-rounded range in its own right rather than just filling gaps in the Warclans battletome and thinking they needed to avoid things like having another Orruk cavalry unit. They could make them play differently to the other Orruk cavalry units if they wanted to anyway.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I hope they approached making this new line of minis as a well-rounded range in its own right rather than just filling gaps in the Warclans battletome and thinking they needed to avoid things like having another Orruk cavalry unit. They could make them play differently to the other Orruk cavalry units if they wanted to anyway.

I have always hoped/assumed it would be hobgrotz riding gnashtooths armed with bows or slings; a lightish ranged skirmishing unit.

It would also round out the clear Lord of the Rings influence that the kruleboyz have

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I don't think this is the case in either of the ways you would like. They havn't released any units for the two tiny ranges of IJ and BS (in fact SCE probably will get more new releases than those factions existing warscrolls). 

They also havn't released a LRL level of units for Kruleboyz and are squarely treating it as a subfaction which "can" be played on it's own. They could easily make a bunch of units that function differently to existing warclans stuff if they wanted but order is once again the focus.

Edited by C0deb1ue

29 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

I don't think this is the case in either of the ways you would like. They havn't released any units for the two tiny ranges of IJ and BS

Yeah I hope the don't do that now with Kruleboyz. I do wonder how they set out making these model ranges - if the mini designers knew from the start these new Kruleboyz and Hobgrots were going to be part of an Orruk Warclans battletome, how much they collaborate with the rest of the studio along the way, if they made a bunch of models and work out what battletome they're going to belong to sometime later down the line, or what?

Edited by Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Yeah I hope the don't do that now with Kruleboyz. I do wonder how they set out making these model ranges - if the mini designers knew from the start these new Kruleboyz and Hobgrots were going to be part of an Orruk Warclans battletome, how much they collaborate with the rest of the studio along the way, if they made a bunch of models and work out what battletome they're going to belong to sometime later down the line, or what?

They left enough holes for me to fill in and create some interesting units. 

3 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

I don't think this is the case in either of the ways you would like. They havn't released any units for the two tiny ranges of IJ and BS (in fact SCE probably will get more new releases than those factions existing warscrolls). 

They also havn't released a LRL level of units for Kruleboyz and are squarely treating it as a subfaction which "can" be played on it's own. They could easily make a bunch of units that function differently to existing warclans stuff if they wanted but order is once again the focus.

they been marketing them as a new army though just souped up in Warclans just for rule purposes, they do technically have more units then first wave LRL.

at least in my mind i don't see them as a subfaction they are clearly meant to be their own thing like the other two armies just unfortunatly they decided to put all three in one book which i always dislike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, novakai said:

they been marketing them as a new army though just souped up in Warclans just for rule purposes, they do technically have more units then first wave LRL.

at least in my mind i don't see them as a subfaction they are clearly meant to be their own thing like the other two armies just unfortunatly they decided to put all three in one book which i always dislike

They are objectively a subfaction and have been presented as such by GW.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

They are objectively a subfaction and have been presented as such by GW.

not going by their Livestream and their articles, it just that happen to be in one book

i would subfaction in games terms are like Ironsunz, Bonegrinz, and other sub alleigiance.

Warclanz is a unique in that it gives three different army alleigances that only certain units can be use so it is for design purposes three armies in one book with a soup option

Edit: Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz where seperate armies too at one point i still do wish they remain seperate

Edited by novakai