AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

I really can't wait to see more, the points are going to be interesting. Considering this;

2x20 Gutrippas

1x10 Gutrippas

2x3 Boltboyz

2 Shaman

is only 1390 thats a fair few points to play around with. If the Sloth and Vulture are in the  300-400ish range with the bolt thrower and Sloggoth at 150ish you've got a few toys to play with.

2 hours ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

I really can't wait to see more, the points are going to be interesting. Considering this;

2x20 Gutrippas

1x10 Gutrippas

2x3 Boltboyz

2 Shaman

is only 1390 thats a fair few points to play around with. If the Sloth and Vulture are in the  300-400ish range with the bolt thrower and Sloggoth at 150ish you've got a few toys to play with.

Why so many Gutrippas as a starting point? Barring significant changes in the book they're looking like chaff, minimum battleline and done.

you would still need three of them if they are the only Battleline, granted we do know that the Dominon warscroll are already out of date both rules and pointwise. 

we know that Gutrippas have a different weapon options, musician and banner that are not listed on their warscroll. so there has to be thing that we don't know about Gutrippas right now.

• Like 1

I really hope there'll be a way to make Slittaz battleline, I love the little guys, and I'd love to have a huge block of them chucking grenades--they killed a few Dispossessed who charged my Gutrippaz in a game last week!

16 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Speculation on hand weapon gutrippaz statline?

Im thinking:

1"  2  3  4 -1  1

i think that is about right (it the same as how they did Mortek guards weapons' options)

they still have the looming problem with Coherency as minimum ten man squads on 32mm unless they did something like Gutrippaz with vicious stikkas are min five man squads for half the prices as their Stikkas counterpart

14 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

Why so many Gutrippas as a starting point? Barring significant changes in the book they're looking like chaff, minimum battleline and done.

They'll have to get more rules, otherwise they are overcosted. Putting them in Hunters, mystic shield from one wizard, +1 save drink from another and All out Defence means you've got a unit that ignores up to -3 rend, a boss nearby makes only one run away, so you've got a 40 wound tarpit, all the while boltboyz are shooting in with better poison procs.

The other reason I put 2x20 in is because theres nothing else at the moment, if the rest of the stuff is so strong you'll have to take it, they'll get reduced in size. If Hobgrots are battleline in Kruleboyz lists, i'd drop the unit of 10 to add in 10 Hobgrots and then have more points for toys.

We really need the book though, my Ironjawz and Savage Orruk armies are shelved until it drops as I don't want to learn with them if I have to forget what i've been learning.

12 hours ago, novakai said:

i think that is about right (it the same as how they did Mortek guards weapons' options)

they still have the looming problem with Coherency as minimum ten man squads on 32mm unless they did something like Gutrippaz with vicious stikkas are min five man squads for half the prices as their Stikkas counterpart

Multiples of 5 would be so handy.

Edited by PainfullyMediocre
  • Like 2

I must say that the models are easy and fun to paint. The last couple of days I have been able to do about half of the kruelboys from the Dominion box.

Left to do is the Boss on greater gnastoff, hobgrots and the swampcalla with sidekick. And the hobgrots seem to be easy to get done quickly with, so they should not take long time to do (and since they are my least favourite I want to get them done fast).

My plan was to do 600 points of each army to start a path to glory campaign with both sides, but might do all the kruelboys first since they are a blast to paint.

20210721_222418.jpg

20210721_222448.jpg

20210721_222524.jpg

• Like 5

I am now completely stuck on my Kruleboy paint scheme. I'm really happy with the skin tone I've got, pleased with the corroded metal for the armour, and I've ordered in the needed materials to do a spring/summer wetlands basing theme with plenty of vegetation and colour.

But I can't figure out what colours to do the leather/cloth and the shields. I don't want to have drab brown or black rags, can't settle on two different colours for clothes and shields, and am wary of doing the same colour for both for fear of clashing.

Could really do with seeing the subfaction colours from the battletome for inspiration at this point.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, PainfullyMediocre said:

They'll have to get more rules, otherwise they are overcosted. Putting them in Hunters, mystic shield from one wizard, +1 save drink from another and All out Defence means you've got a unit that ignores up to -3 rend, a boss nearby makes only one run away, so you've got a 40 wound tarpit, all the while boltboyz are shooting in with better poison procs.

Is getting a unit of 5+ save dumb-dumbs to 4+ ignore rend -2 really worth going though all that effort, though? That's three of your best spells/abilites, a command point and two support characters for, like, an OK payoff.

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is getting a unit of 5+ save dumb-dumbs to 4+ ignore rend -2 really worth going though all that effort, though? That's three of your best spells/abilites, a command point and two support characters for, like, an OK payoff.

Probably not all the time, but its an option we have.  Considering that means a Stonehorn on the charge is effectively rend 0 on all of its attacks, that could mean those 20 tank enough damage to hold an objective. Its an option we've got access too.

Until the book comes out, its a bit pointless to try to plan for this or around any potential. The snippets from the streams sound tempting, but I don't want to try to think about synergies with an incomplete picture, just what we've got so far.

• Like 1

I certainly think we will have some more kits coming with the book release. Cavalry will be one unit, although what cavalry I can be certain. It looks like there are three subfactions:

• Beast-breakaz: Dealing mainly with beasts and monsters
  • Deffspikerz: The shooting element
  • Badstabbaz: The bog standard troops

I guess there might be a way to have a battleline unit for each of those subfactions. Gutrippaz fit into the Badstabbaz nicely, Boltboyz fit into that for the Deffspikerz and we just need to see a character that allows them to be battleline. Finally are the Beast-breakaz. I can imagine we will see some cavalry and they could be battleline for this subfaction. I'm not sure if that's Hobgrotz or Orruks but I certainly think we will see some cavalry. The Breaka-boss can then make them battleline for the subfaction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

How about a gnashtoof cavalry? My pour wallet... 😢

I don't think it's a good idea to pour anything in your wallet. ;) 
Is there a rumour of a cavalry unit? I haven't seen it. I'd like us to get one! (and it would make the "great" gnashtoof make more sense if there were regular size ones as a unit..)

55 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Is there a rumour of a cavalry unit? I haven't seen it. I'd like us to get one! (and it would make the "great" gnashtoof make more sense if there were regular size ones as a unit..)

There was one before they revealed the Dominion content (an the Kruleboyz as well). They were described as wolfriders, but it's possible they were talking about the Great Gnashtoof rather than a regular unit. I would love to see this concept as a unit, but we got everything else that was rumored and the proximity with the tome release may indicate that they showed everything we gonna get...

6 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

I guess there might be a way to have a battleline unit for each of those subfactions. Gutrippaz fit into the Badstabbaz nicely, Boltboyz fit into that for the Deffspikerz and we just need to see a character that allows them to be battleline. Finally are the Beast-breakaz. I can imagine we will see some cavalry and they could be battleline for this subfaction. I'm not sure if that's Hobgrotz or Orruks but I certainly think we will see some cavalry. The Breaka-boss can then make them battleline for the subfaction.

When the booklet info start circulating some people pointed that those classes may be more like division inside their society (like the mortisan in ossiarch, vanari in lumineth) rather than sub factions. If they really turn to be sub factions, they could make the Boltboyz "battleline in Deffspikerz" rather than associating this with a hero. The Beast-breaker could be just a monster focused faction, which could work with the amount of monsters we have so far (Marshcrawla Sloggoth could be battleline if in this faction).

• Like 1

Random but pertaining to the Marshcrawla Sloggoth, its the only model that I find off from the rest. 

The howdah and grots are fine but I simply cannot figure out what bugs me about the tr(sl)oggoth.   I know the few little random horns are strange to me but there's something else that my trogg loving self just cant come to like it. Maybe in person will feel different. 

And why isn't it just a troggoth?...

Edited by Vasshpit

i think they said something that for all intend and purpose it basically a Troggoth just it force to slog around because of the Grots forcing it too

though i think that the one unit that been having a marmite response with people but i think it just either the paint scheme or purposely design to be derpy look 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, Urauloth said:

I don't think it's a good idea to pour anything in your wallet. ;) 

Of course it was a joke, this hobby isn't indispensable. BUT!...this army is so actractive to not buy all units 😅.

Yeah, there's no rumors about mini "normal gnashtoof", but if we wanna reflect on that: out of Gargants, there is an army without cavalry?

9 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Yeah, there's no rumors about mini "normal gnashtoof", but if we wanna reflect on that: out of Gargants, there is an army without cavalry?“

A few: Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Sylvaneth, Skaven, and Flesh-Eater Courts

Edited by Adamcbutton
Deleted the quote

I plan on just making my own using the lord of the rings wild wargs for grot light cavalry and fell wargs for orruk medium cavalry. Waiting until the newer sprues are out for the gutrippaz for riders.  Gnobblars will probably be fine, simple pose for me mostly. 

I don't expect anything new, but if there is, maybe a 4 wound elite unit with min 3 models in it. GW likes using 40mm bases.

We really don't have much for "beasts" that are not mounts, thing to note.

7 hours ago, Adamcbutton said:

A few: Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Sylvaneth, Skaven, and Flesh-Eater Courts

Damn, you're right 🧐 (despite skaven for "rat riders" in their bg and kharadron for ballons dudes - maybe a strange sort of cavalry-)
Anyway I hope in one more units, becuase of the overload of heroes presented.