AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

@Acrozatarim I want to do the same BUT as i plan to slow burn the build of these new fantastic muck mates im going to hold off a awhile and see if another one pops up in Underworlds or something else. 

I've even been eyeballing that Nurgle sorceress as potential conversion bones... 

@mrteige I agree. I'll have 12 manskewers eventually and i picked up another 30 dominion gutrippaz. When the multipart drops I'll give half of them hand weapons that way I'll have potential units of 20 of completely different sculpts!!

Waaaagh, Mr. Bond. Waaaagh.

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, mrteige said:

i would say that Boltboys and gutrippaz are worth doubling up on. I know they will get new kits but i still think you can use 20 and 6 because i suspect that i will need more of them anyway.

Yeah, but in those cases the new kits actually have the full unit command group, which the Dominion versions lack.

I'll be buying the new Boltboy and Gutrippa boxes early on, then using the Dominion minis as reinforcements for them, but I can't see wanting to run a Gutrippa unit without the banner and musician, even if they're just minor benefits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Acrozatarim I want to do the same BUT as i plan to slow burn the build of these new fantastic muck mates im going to hold off a awhile and see if another one pops up in Underworlds or something else. 

I've even been eyeballing that Nurgle sorceress as potential conversion bones... 

I'm hoping we'll see a second generic hero spellcaster so that it doesn't feel so important to go double Swampcalla in order to get the most out of their abilities. I figure the Mouth of Mork is probably going to be a shaman, but don't want to be reliant on special characters to get that kind of functionality into a list.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Very excited for this release (and lucky enough to get the box early thanks to GW) I have painted my Kruelboyz up!

Now just to sit on my hands until Dominion arrives...

Dominion Complete.png

Damn... they look excellent... haven't even made mine yet!

4 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, but in those cases the new kits actually have the full unit command group, which the Dominion versions lack.

I'll be buying the new Boltboy and Gutrippa boxes early on, then using the Dominion minis as reinforcements for them, but I can't see wanting to run a Gutrippa unit without the banner and musician, even if they're just minor benefits.

their is a possibility of the Gutrippa boxes having an extra banner and muscian that can be substitute with the Dominion Gutrippas (so build 2 of each of them and swap them up with the dominon models)

since GW like to sell duplicate sprue of 5 man units in their infantry boxes

• Like 2

I decided to start with my Hobgrots as otherwise they are likely to remain unpainted in the box while I have more fun with the Orrucks on the tabletop. I really like the Hobgrot models, they certainly are something different for destruction, far more martial than what we currently have. I'd love to see a bit more done with them but it's hard to know. Maybe once we see the chaos Duardin?

hobgrots.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

7 hours ago, novakai said:

their is a possibility of the Gutrippa boxes having an extra banner and muscian that can be substitute with the Dominion Gutrippas (so build 2 of each of them and swap them up with the dominon models)

since GW like to sell duplicate sprue of 5 man units in their infantry boxes

They have already said that there will be an extra musician in the box. If they dont have an ekstra banner then i'll just convert one. Have the bits for it. I'm not worried about that part of it. I just traded the SCE part for an extra Kruleboyz part. That gave me the double up on Gutripperz, Boltboys and shaman that I needed. Now i just need the new kits to drop...

Edited by mrteige
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrteige said:

They have already said that there will be an extra musician in the box. 

Source? 

Idk, after looking at the models they seem to be 10 all new as opposed to 2x 5 repeating. 

Sidenote; my Dominion box says should be delivered today!!!!!!

An extra ebay x20 gutrippaz and a bits site x10 / x3  boltboyz have shown as shipped!

Finally! So ready to get these under my brush! 

Just need Gdubs to announce some calvary and an elite Murknob unit now!

Let the rule of krule begin!!!😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Source? 

Idk, after looking at the models they seem to be 10 all new as opposed to 2x 5 repeating. 

Sidenote; my Dominion box says should be delivered today!!!!!!

An extra ebay x20 gutrippaz and a bits site x10 / x3  boltboyz have shown as shipped!

Finally! So ready to get these under my brush! 

Just need Gdubs to announce some calvary and an elite Murknob unit now!

Let the rule of krule begin!!!😄

From the stream itself. Eddie said there will be a drummer, chances are its made using the same horn blower model though, how easy it'll be able to add onto the Dominion Rippaz is anyones guess.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

From the stream itself. Eddie said there will be a drummer, chances are its made using the same horn blower model though, how easy it'll be able to add onto the Dominion Rippaz is anyones guess.

I think it will be quiet easy to cut the hand of the horn and put it behind a shield so none can see that some of it is missing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I don't have my box yet, but from what I have seen the Hobgrots also have 2 musician options (drum and horn). It shouldn't be hard to cut the horn hand and replace it with one of hands of a rippaz model.

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

I don't have my box yet, but from what I have seen the Hobgrots also have 2 musician options (drum and horn). It shouldn't be hard to cut the horn hand and replace it with one of hands of a rippaz model.

Just looked at sprue again on Gdubs site, i didn't see any drums on the Hobs sprue. 

Can someone who has it confirm?

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Just looked at sprue again on Gdubs site, i didn't see any drums on the Hobs sprue. 

There's a drum and a horn, yes. They only have pictures of two of the three hobgrot sprues on the website, for some reason.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/29/warhammer-preview-online-unboxing-dominion/ check the picture that shows all the models. in the orruk side below the right most boltboy is a hobgrot with a horn. also shown on the same page towards the bottom is the hobgrot with drum. hope this helps.DomPreview May29 BoxContents

Edited by P.T.Bahnum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, Redmanphill said:

I decided to start with my Hobgrots as otherwise they are likely to remain unpainted in the box while I have more fun with the Orrucks on the tabletop. I really like the Hobgrot models, they certainly are something different for destruction, far more martial than what we currently have. I'd love to see a bit more done with them but it's hard to know. Maybe once we see the chaos Duardin?

hobgrots.jpg

These guys weren´t that well received when they were revealed, but i think your post and others I've seen here and on reddit are turning people around. They look neat!.
Hope they reveal soon the rumoured cavalry.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 12:48 AM, W1tchhunter said:

This is my scheme for the kruelist of Boyz. Tried to go for a gears of war locust theme. I can't decide what to do for the bases though. Any ideas would be great 👍

20210708_134448.jpg

20210711_213011.jpg

If you're inspired by Gears of War, why don't you try ruins and rubble? That is what I associate with that game, based on my very limited exposure.

10 hours ago, Maogrim said:

If you're inspired by Gears of War, why don't you try ruins and rubble? That is what I associate with that game, based on my very limited exposure.

When I mentioned it to my friend he immediately said emergence holes haha. Theyd completely slipped my mind.

I am really loving the new Orcs. They really harken back to what GW were doing in the 80's, well before I could afford to buy any Orcs. I'm still figuring out a scheme for them but the shields are certainly going to be red! I've painted one so far and I'm pretty happy with how it's come out. Now to actually finish a Kruleboy!

skare shield.jpg

• Like 8