Jump to content

AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion


Newtype_Zero
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Alright, just going off of today’s preview how are you Gitz going to build your armies?

I’m going hobgoblin swarm backed up by archers and ballista. 

Warclans mix of Ironjawz and Kruleboyz

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Alright, just going off of today’s preview how are you Gitz going to build your armies?

MUST HAVE MIREBRUTE!!!

Rest I’ll figure out but likely some chaff to screen lots of shooting as that easiest to start rotating through rest of Warclans eventually.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect these to be in the Orruk Warclans book, to be the first battletome after the SCE one. Thematically they feel like a solid middle ground between barbaric (Bonesplitters) and heavily armoured (Ironjawz).

Atleast that is what I hope for.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll have to wait and see if the line expands and what the rules are like, but I really like the look of both the crossbowmen and the Killbow, so I think I'd be running shooting-heavy if I end up getting into Kruleboyz (which doesn't seem unlikely, but time will tell if this is just the New Shiny Effect).

As for book presence, I think these guys are gonna end up being their own book, but with the ability to take units from Warclans, kinda like a lot of Chaos armies can take units from other books and have them function properly. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as a part of Warclans either, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the new OWC battletome will update any of the existing orruk units/models or if the new tome will purely add the Kruleboyz to it? Looks like Kruleboyz already has more unit variation than IJ... 

Super stoked on the look of the KB, I think i'd like to add the gutrippaz (much better looking battleline to ardboyz) and the swampcalla shaman to my IJ army.

😁

Edited by Bruteforce
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Very excited to have them fight alongside my Ironjawz, before expanding so they could be their own army. 

They do have a lot of details and so it might not be quick to paint them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bruteforce said:

I wonder if the new OWC battletome will update any of the existing orruk units/models or if the new tome will purely add the Kruleboyz to it? Looks like Kruleboyz already has more unit variation than IJ... 

Super stoked on the look of the KB, I think i'd like to add the gutrippaz (much better looking battleline to ardboyz) and the swampcalla shaman to my IJ army.

😁

I honestly think IJ is solid as-is, especially since they can mix in Bonesplittaz and now Kruleboyz. The ONLY real model I see IJs really needing is a Megaboss on Goregunta and some tweaks to Brutes.

  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is very cool.  My only disappointment was yesterday I realized that pop-culture witches have green skin, like everyone's favorite fungus, so I thought it'd be really cool if the newest greenskinz faction was led by child-napping swamp-dwelling honest-to-goodness witches who go about doing evil things and flying about on brooms n' whatnot, but tbh, that was a longshot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like a bunch of the models, not exactly what I was expecting although I was expecting orruks. They don't look like GW orcs but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

My favorite units in the range so far are the killboss on foot and the gutrippaz, and now I'm a bit torn as to whether I should go all gutrippaz or paint up some old greenskinz to fill in the ranks.

I do not like the hobgrotz, puke skin tone, wierd proportions, armor thats clearly not supposed to fit in with the kruleboyz which makes them look out of place. Although I'm happy chaos dwarves may be returning.

I can take or leave the gnashtoof, from my perspective its nothing but a generic scary beast at the moment, its a nice model but nothing about the creature sticks out as particularly interesting or unique. It has no personality yet. Narrative can absolutely change this though so I'll wait and see if it grows on me.

 

Anyone else come out of the show feeling like the faction is incomplete? They're supposed to be kunnin' and sneaky and all we've seen so far are the diversion and a few shooting units.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

I'll have to wait and see if the line expands and what the rules are like, but I really like the look of both the crossbowmen and the Killbow, so I think I'd be running shooting-heavy if I end up getting into Kruleboyz (which doesn't seem unlikely, but time will tell if this is just the New Shiny Effect).

As for book presence, I think these guys are gonna end up being their own book, but with the ability to take units from Warclans, kinda like a lot of Chaos armies can take units from other books and have them function properly. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as a part of Warclans either, though.

yeah its a wait and see since the article said one thing, but Warhammer weekly said that they get their own tome

the only thing is that the Warscroll cards say Kruleboyz on them instead of Orruk Warclan and they don't usually use Sub-allegiance name to name their cards on

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

 

 

Anyone else come out of the show feeling like the faction is incomplete? They're supposed to be kunnin' and sneaky and all we've seen so far are the diversion and a few shooting units.

there is still stuff they haven't reveal yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Since Grim Dark Live pretty much called the boxed set and all the units, might be worth mentioning in today's stream they said there's still a unit of "hobgoblin wolf riders" coming. They pointed towards the gnashtooth model while saying that, so probably meant not a wolf but lesser gnashtooths.

I hope there's some way of making hobgrots battleline. By far my favorite unit! I know some people aren't a fan, but I really like that they gave them less of an orcish green and more of a sickly yellow-green. It really makes them feel like they're not a typical grot or orruk. I really want to know how they got that color scheme so I can imitate it. I also hope there's more hobgrots. If we get a hobgrot leader, and the hobgrots are are the ones riding wolves/gnashtooths, I'm going all in on a pure hobgrot army. I don't think they'll expand the hobgrots too much though. It feels a little bit like these weren't actually meant to be part of the Kruelboyz, but just got added in as a teaser or something and they won't be expanded until new Chorfs. They stand out a bit and even the article on Warcom says they're "allies" of the Kruelboyz so it almost feels like they just had the models already and just decided to release and connect them with Kruelboyz to fill in a gap or something. Might be wrong though and they were always intended to be part of them.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah its a wait and see since the article said one thing, but Warhammer weekly said that they get their own tome

the only thing is that the Warscroll cards say Kruleboyz on them instead of Orruk Warclan and they don't usually use Sub-allegiance name to name their cards on

 

I have a strange feeling there could be a LRL split/Gloomspite Gitz WD aspect to this.  If I had to guess there will be a slim Kruelboyz tome with cards, dice, etc. to make a nice clean launch product and then in early 2022 we’ll get the new & improved Orruk Warclans tome with all three and I’m guessing a couple new units for IJ and BS (likely heroes).

With all the struggles lately it just seems optimistic to think they’ve 3.0d all of Warclans.  But as long as they are Warclans compatible day zero I’m actually pretty okay with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Since Grim Dark Live pretty much called the boxed set and all the units, might be worth mentioning in today's stream they said there's still a unit of "hobgoblin wolf riders" coming. They pointed towards the gnashtooth model while saying that, so probably meant not a wolf but lesser gnashtooths.

I hope there's some way of making hobgrots battleline. By far my favorite unit! I know some people aren't a fan, but I really like that they gave them less of an orcish green and more of a sickly yellow-green. It really makes them feel like they're not a typical grot or orruk. I really want to know how they got that color scheme so I can imitate it. I also hope there's more hobgrots. If we get a hobgrot leader, and the hobgrots are are the ones riding wolves/gnashtooths, I'm going all in on a pure hobgrot army. I don't think they'll expand the hobgrots too much though. It feels a little bit like these weren't actually meant to be part of the Kruelboyz, but just got added in as a teaser or something and they won't be expanded until new Chorfs. They stand out a bit and even the article on Warcom says they're "allies" of the Kruelboyz so it almost feels like they just had the models already and just decided to release and connect them with Kruelboyz to fill in a gap or something. Might be wrong though and they were always intended to be part of them.

It would be very interesting if Hobgoblins ended up being what, I think, would be the first cross-Alliance units when the Chaos Dwarfs inevitably land - there's Mega-Gargants though I suppose?

If they do get more units I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Hero who could make them Battleline, or at least an Allegiance. Then again Dominion has twenty of the buggers and it's rare hordey units aren't Battleline?.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These new models are just incredible!! Im sold, all in!! The hobgrots are my least fave but i still like em. 

This new approach to models with their less cartoony look is amazing!!! My only complaint is maybe too good and will cause them to really stand out and look different compared to Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz, Ironjawz not as much but definitely very different compared to Bonesplitterz with their giant heads,etc. If you weren't familiar with the game or setting you'd think they were from a different game entirely! Like compare that trogg to say a fellwater model... night and day difference in design!! Its all subjective at the end of the day but i much prefer this new aesthetic. 

Also props to the artist(s)!! I'm pretty sure whoever did these also worked on some of the new gloomspite kits like the fanatics and snufflers. You can really see the similarities especially in some of the faces. 👍

Im already thinking of ways to blend this newer look into older ironjawz and thought that adding the little bump plates seen across these guys to jawz armor would help. And I'll probably be doing some dental work to tone down my jawz teeth. I always thought they were a bit over the top anyways. 

Again, great job Gdubs artist!!

SCE also look great but ill pass as not enough hobby time and already have grey shame. 

These Kruleboyz are just great!

 

 

Dear Gdubs, learn from nighthaunt and make this army fun and lasting through 3rd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, novakai said:

there is still stuff they haven't reveal yet

For sure, but after all the teasing it still feels like they're saving all the good stuff.

 

2 hours ago, FFJump said:

It feels a little bit like these weren't actually meant to be part of the Kruelboyz, but just got added in as a teaser or something and they won't be expanded until new Chorfs. Tphey stand out a bit and even the article on Warcom says they're "allies" of the Kruelboyz so it almost feels like they just had the models already and just decided to release and connect them with Kruelboyz to fill in a gap or something. Might be wrong though and they were always intended to be part of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in both allegiances honestly, there isn't really a reason they couldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It would be very interesting if Hobgoblins ended up being what, I think, would be the first cross-Alliance units when the Chaos Dwarfs inevitably land - there's Mega-Gargants though I suppose?

If they do get more units I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Hero who could make them Battleline, or at least an Allegiance. Then again Dominion has twenty of the buggers and it's rare hordey units aren't Battleline?.

the only instance I can think of is Gnoblars are not battleline in Mawtribes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

God, I love everything about them. Not a single model in the range missed for me, closest being the hobgrots and the more rounded armor. Just prefer the jagged lines. Cruel, wicked weapons. Swampy, unclean aesthetic, cruel and underhanded, downright Morkish theme. No huge warmachines, just raiders and rogues to the core.

The boltboyz are my personal favorite model I think. But in general it's the proportions of them all that sell it. They're so gangly and alien looking, wiry frames you can just imagine creeping and slithering through the tangled brush off a main road. Well they're orcs, their proportions are so... goblinoid. Not at all like Ironjawz, and I love that. Just don't make me have to play ironjawz or bonesplittas with them. I want only these guys, 24/7 and all day xD.

Hopping we see a smaller, sickly cavalry that is like the warboss's mount. Something warg like, hairless and fanged. 

Though still has me wondering. Why the heck do they worship Kragnos? He seems like the antithesis of what these guys are.

Regardless, these guys are my new army for sure. Ogres will have to pull some serious moves to overtake these guys as an aesthetic favorite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

Warclans mix of Ironjawz and Kruleboyz

Ironjawz as the bulky shield with Kruleboy Arbalests and Ballista sounds like a cool plan to me. I have been craving some sort of artillery piece like that for my Gloomspite, so hopefully they ally in well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...