AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

13 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Problem is they need the Orruk keyword by itself, as they need "kruleboyz orruk" to get the buff. A stupid distinction but it does matter for rules purposes

*shrug* Ouor 2.0 coxes is going the way of the dodo in the next month, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Big Waaagh is going to have to be reworked to include kruelboyz allegiance powers anyhow. I equate it to the soulblight book, which had lots of bits that didnt make sense, until we saw the 3rd edition ruleset. 

I don't expect more hobgrots, but if we end getting more it's possible they have an ability exclusive for them in the Kruleboyz allegiance. Even if we don't get more hobgrots it's possible we get a sub allegiance that gives a good ability and make them a much more interesting unit. Sure warscrolls + points are a huge deal (assuming neither will change in the book), but one or two strong abilities or buffs can do a lot of work and make something stronger than the warscroll alone would suggest.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It may be that Hobgrots end up being further diversified in future waves, perhaps even reaching the point they can be run as a standalone sub-faction the same way Ironjawz, Bonesplitters and Kruelboys are now.

Or maybe... as a sub-faction for... Furnace Kings?? 

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It may be that Hobgrots end up being further diversified in future waves, perhaps even reaching the point they can be run as a standalone sub-faction the same way Ironjawz, Bonesplitters and Kruelboys are now.

9 hours ago, Beliman said:

Or maybe... as a sub-faction for... Furnace Kings?? 

Gentlemen(at least I assume you two are dudes behind your internet disguises), nothing would make me happier then to see chaos dwarfs make a return. Their one of two reasons I got into Warhammer Fantasy instead of just 40k(the other being Tomb Kings).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

44 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

The one more to the left? Yeah good catch! The one to the right still look more like a grot to me, as it seens to have long noose and ears.

I'm getting the feeling we're going to get one Enormous centerpiece model, with a platform covered in orks (or grots) loaded with long spears and ballista, either on top of, or pulled by, some huge swamp beast.

Model Wise I hope its the size of a mega-gargant, so there's something out there to rival/challenge Brodd's children :)

Sadly we got just some new models revealed rather than everything. Good that what they revealed is really awesome! Here is everything showed today:

- Gutrippaz have other weapon profile and commander/banner/musician options

- Boltboyz also have a commander

- Some happy grotz ridding a troggoth as a monster unit

- 2 hero options, one named and one generic

- Battletome (WarCom says it will go on pre-order August).

The extra options for the Gutrippaz and Boltboyz point to new warscrolls for both of them. Considering how bland the Dominion ones were, lets hope we get some cool abilities on the new ones!

image.png.2a0039ec601c29998dcc4cb4bf9eb2ff.png

image.png.3fc505636265ecbf40041eb8091fd527.png

image.png.8c7988e2ece7e2d8e41e44db50cf1118.png

image.png.851134ce8d64ac7be934a024456f77e5.png

image.png.c666b7390422c30fd0aea1110722c855.png

image.png.ead36f0fd36c7c37902660c7133b2708.png

image.png.f19ce7cbeecb2c5ec19552bfb081d000.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So because GW have decided to pull a GW, we still haven’t seen all the Kruleboy kits. My guess is that there’s still:

• A Hobgrot hero
  • Gnarltoof cavalry
  • Swamp Wyvern

Now the Swamp Wyvern is all but confirmed (I mean, just look at the BT cover), but honestly I can see the other two being up in the air. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking about switching all the black cloth on the Kruleboyz to off-Whites and sand- or cream colored. Then go for sand dune bases. I think going for desert instead of swamps would be a great fit for the bandit- or raider theme they"ve got going on.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Any news about their rules? 

Btw, I love they showed today, I can't wait to see more!

They talked about some in the reveal, if no one does it first I'm gonna listen to it again latter and post a summary here.

18 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I'm thinking about switching all the black cloth on the Kruleboyz to off-Whites and sand- or cream colored. Then go for sand dune bases. I think going for desert instead of swamps would be a great fit for the bandit- or raider theme they"ve got going on.

That's a really cool ideia! It would look really cool with the hobgrotz skin color.

41 minutes ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Perhaps its the artwork, but I feel like that's a different looking Ironjawz orruk than we've previously seen.

The one to the right resemble a little the ardboyz banner/totem, but the one to the left looks like the bat-scorpion thing that was rumored.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Cool idea! I'm thinking about going Hyshian- pale green skin, yellow shields with glowing electric blue eyes and maybe slightly blue tinted robes. Oh, and lots of retro checkers ofc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So because GW have decided to pull a GW, we still haven’t seen all the Kruleboy kits. My guess is that there’s still:

• A Hobgrot hero
  • Gnarltoof cavalry
  • Swamp Wyvern

Now the Swamp Wyvern is all but confirmed (I mean, just look at the BT cover), but honestly I can see the other two being up in the air. 

I think we won't get anything Hob Grot related kits if I'm honest. I think we will get cav (pretty much all factions get cav of some kind), the feathered wyvern and I think it'll be some kind of hero(es) on foot. So far all the heroes are mounted on a big creature outside of dominion, whether that's new murknobz, shamans, or some kind of taskmaster/slaver.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters