AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Got a clear look at the lore in the dominion insert I posted some weeks ago. Rather than clans those are social divisions, which could point to some units. I wonder if we gonna see more beast-breaakaz beyond the boss and other kind of siege weapons they will have beyond the balista/crossbows.

IMG-20210627-WA0012.jpg

I still think these will end up being warclans/wartribes. Badstabbaz being Gutrippaz and our rumoured cavalry based, beast-breakaz buffing our monsters and making units more anti-monster, and Deffspikers buffing our artillery and possibly hobgrotz.

On a strange note, I just realised that hobgrotz can't be taken in a big waaagh allegiance as they don't have the orruk keyword; same reason they don't get the kruleboyz allegiance ability. Lends to my theory that the will get the orruk keyword in an FAQ, not like it would make them overpowered

7 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I still think these will end up being warclans/wartribes. Badstabbaz being Gutrippaz and our rumoured cavalry based, beast-breakaz buffing our monsters and making units more anti-monster, and Deffspikers buffing our artillery and possibly hobgrotz.

On a strange note, I just realised that hobgrotz can't be taken in a big waaagh allegiance as they don't have the orruk keyword; same reason they don't get the kruleboyz allegiance ability. Lends to my theory that the will get the orruk keyword in an FAQ, not like it would make them overpowered

Probably not in a faq but maybe in the Warclans book

42 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Man, Hobgrotz aren't just ugly models, but they don't seem to have any synergy with Kruleboyz or Orruks in general. And they aren't even battleline. Just cheap, bad models that probably die to a stiff breeze and can't kill anything in return. Good thing I'll have 20 of those then.

Sorry for sounding salty.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Man, Hobgrotz aren't just ugly models, but they don't seem to have any synergy with Kruleboyz or Orruks in general. And they aren't even battleline. Just cheap, bad models that probably die to a stiff breeze and can't kill anything in return. Good thing I'll have 20 of those then.

Totally get it, if they were just cheap chaff I honestly wouldn't mind them, my old army was chaos dwarves and decent hobgoblin models are hard to find. But yeah, maybe they will be made better in the Battletome, I sure hope so. Given the leaked FAQ costs for the new stormcast in the new GW video, hopefully a few kruelboyz units will go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Man, Hobgrotz aren't just ugly models

Agree to disagree! I hope to see a whole playable sub-theme of hobgrots!! 

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

Given the leaked FAQ costs for the new stormcast in the new GW video, hopefully a few kruelboyz units will go down.

Maybe they are conditional battleline with a Hobgrot general !?

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Agree to disagree! I hope to see a whole playable sub-theme of hobgrots!! 

Maybe they are conditional battleline with a Hobgrot general !?

Or conditional battleline with kruelboyz allegiance, which would make sense too. Guess we'll see when the battletome is released, hopefully sooner rather than later

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qrow said:

Or conditional battleline with kruelboyz allegiance, which would make sense too. Guess we'll see when the battletome is released, hopefully sooner rather than later

Battleline in the Kruleboyz allegiance makes a lot of sense. I doubt we will get much more support for they other than one unit/hero, as they seen to be just mercenaries that occasionally work for the orks.

I actually like both the models and rules for Hobgrots, for me, they just need to have some allegiance ability to up their power level a tad.  20 grenade shots for under 200 points isn't too bad and a close range shooting horde feels like something different to the usual chaff.

Guprippas, not so much.  No Banner or Musician and a complex yet rubbish special rule.  They just seem bland and poorly thought through.  They really need a second very good allegiance ability to bring them up to playable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I actually like both the models and rules for Hobgrots, for me, they just need to have some allegiance ability to up their power level a tad.  20 grenade shots for under 200 points isn't too bad and a close range shooting horde feels like something different to the usual chaff.

Guprippas, not so much.  No Banner or Musician and a complex yet rubbish special rule.  They just seem bland and poorly thought through.  They really need a second very good allegiance ability to bring them up to playable.

The gutrippaz special rule is the worst sort of garbage.... tonnes of conditions to occasionally get -1 to hit against another unit. So over-complicated and underwhelming simultaneously.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

The gutrippaz special rule is the worst sort of garbage.... tonnes of conditions to occasionally get -1 to hit against another unit. So over-complicated and underwhelming simultaneously.

In an edition where -1 to hit is of reduced utility because it doesn't stack. 

Without some kind of big upgrade Gutrippas are basically just much worse Savage Orruks at a higher price. They'll be totally reliant on Allegiance abilities and faction synergies to be worth using as anything other than minimum battleline which means they'll probably be useless in Big Waaagh!

Still not as bad as Hobgrots though lol

• Like 2

Hopefully we get some more answers this Saturday. I doubt they will let the new orky straight up be bad. Also didn’t they mention that they keep their allegiance abilities even if you mix them with other orky? That would be really good. As for hobgobba, they def need something, battalion, battleline option, leader that enables them more. If not. I can only see putting a killaboss near them being somewhat useful for chaff endurance. Other than that… g-dubs please I want to see croc and bats with scorpion tail.. cmon mannn…

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, That Guy said:

I want to see croc and bats with scorpion tail.. cmon mannn…

These!

Im also hoping for a pack of gnashtoof, like squig herders, gnashtoof calvary, murknob elite infantry, independent mirebrute troggs, multipart gutrippaz kit with hand weapons!

Right meow!!!😁

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

These!

Im also hoping for a pack of gnashtoof, like squig herders, gnashtoof calvary, murknob elite infantry, independent mirebrute troggs, multipart gutrippaz kit with hand weapons!

Right meow!!!😁

Are you the bad moon or what? Because you are making me feel things, which makes me want to run outside and run around stabbin shinz and scream at the top of my lungz.

Also i want swampy orky endless spells.

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Finally we are getting some hype for the Saturday preview with a new Silhouette for us!

Any guesses/wishes on what could this be? My beat would be on the mounted named character (or the no named option they generally have).

FB_IMG_1625144675237.jpg.bd3e80f8baca228a6d22122594333cbd.jpg

Honestly, the creatures face on the left looks like similar to that of a gator, and the rumours have been saying a giant gator model. If I had to wish-list, I would hope that it's a Shaman riding it. Give me Shaman on a gator, a gnashtooth cavalry unit, a hobgrot hero and hobgrotz being battleline in Kruleboyz armies and I'll be a very happy wargamer.

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Finally we are getting some hype for the Saturday preview with a new Silhouette for us!

Any guesses/wishes on what could this be? My beat would be on the mounted named character (or the no named option they generally have).

FB_IMG_1625144675237.jpg.bd3e80f8baca228a6d22122594333cbd.jpg

*low chanting* Alli-gator, Alli-gator, Alli-gator...

• Haha 3

At least we know that there will be miniatures previewed.

And if it’s anything like previous faction reveals, we should see 1-2 more units, 1-2 heroes, 1 monster and 1 centerpiece model. The silhouette looks less monstery and more centery to me. Too many spikes and geometric shapes for a monster. Either a warmachine or centerpiece imo. Last option would be a faction terrain, but seems too detailed for that.

Anyway- got 2 dominion starter boxes, so enough Kruleboyz to start with them. And way too many Hobgrotz.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:24 AM, Maogrim said:

Spikeybits article from today has the warscroll cards from Dominion up to view. Hobgrots warscroll contains the Orruk Warclans and Kruelboyz keywords. No idea if they are battleline, but we'll know for sure when the codex hits. Can't imagine its more than a month away. 

6 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Spikeybits article from today has the warscroll cards from Dominion up to view. Hobgrots warscroll contains the Orruk Warclans and Kruelboyz keywords. No idea if they are battleline, but we'll know for sure when the codex hits. Can't imagine its more than a month away. 

Problem is they need the Orruk keyword by itself, as they need "kruleboyz orruk" to get the buff. A stupid distinction but it does matter for rules purposes

11 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Bad internet = double post

Edited by Qrow