The Ven Denst Witch Hunters

With the new Hero changes I might consider taking Galen too. I think he could be a decent pinning unit/ dart to supplement my main workhorse units. Considering how prevalent monster heroes that are wizards are, I can see hiding him among an infantry unit and having him go Their Finest Moment on a manticore sorcerer or something could be good. An out of nowhere burst of damage; 9 attacks at 3s 2s -1 2 damage will hurt.

• Like 1

Having painted and glued them together I have to say they look really good and detailed, but there is one thing: it seems that compared to older models they have more realistic body proportions. Which is not a bad thing in isolation, but when standing next to the others it feels kinda inconsistent. I have them standing next to Empire State Troops and Sisters of Avelorn right now and compared to those their heads look so tiny. It's a minor issue though, I am glad I got them and I trust they will be very useful in the match tomorrow against Lumineth Realmlords.

• Like 1

I just hope that the rumoured overhaul of Cities of Sigmar in 2022  (see--> Rumour Thread p. 2698) brings us new Freeguild Troops and Leader Models with proportions that will match the Witch Hunters. Fingers crossed! 🤞
@Barbarian Borelord Can you post a side by side comparison with the Freeguild Models please? 😃

Also I am not sure if Doralia's Bolts would inflict double damage against Lumineth Units (because the Unit Leader is a Wizard) or if this is kind of a blind spot in the ruels right now.

23 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Also I am not sure if Doralia's Bolts would inflict double damage against Lumineth Units (because the Unit Leader is a Wizard) or if this is kind of a blind spot in the ruels right now.

Oh yeah, about that: I am going to propose to my opponent that we consider the Luminth Units wizards when they get the Power of Hysh spell off the ground, and otherwise they're not. In anyway, the Lumineths are a rather wizard-heavy army, there will be plenty of work for Otto and Helga (that's how I call them :D ).

Edited by Barbarian Borelord
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll be buying them for my COS army.Galen will be my adjutant gaining the 4+ cp chance.Doralia will be put in a position to use her crossbow.I think both models will work well in my army.I’ll have to take out one of my assassins but no loss really as they do almost the same job.Always felt that COS needs lots of heroes compared to some armies.