AoS3 - Soulblight Gravelord Discussion

RuneBrush

13 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Does anyone know of any place to get Blood Knights? 

Your local game store is probably the best bet. Otherwise you'll have to pay scalper prices online or wait for GW to produce more. (to the best of my knowledge/searching) You'd have to ask someone else if you'd like to get an idea of how long that would take. Otherwise use 3rd party models or other GW heavy cavalry models while you wait. Not a great answer, but that's how it is. :(   

It'll be nice when you can get them without having to scrounge around. I think the blood knights are just fun to use. Solid, but not oppressively powerful. Then again, I'm a fan of old Bretonia and all cav forces. So I might be biased. :P 

(I request that if a source is discovered for the US, that the rest of us plebians be told)

Cheers.

Edited by TheArborealWalrus

Weird question, has anyone tried out a mega gargant merc with soulblight?

I was working on my necrofex (gargant), and I was wondering what people thought of it. Is it oppressive? Like, only take it to tournament stuff? Straight bad? Is it better to go chaff heavy with it? Lots of fast stuff? Just make a monster goon squad? 

I don't know if people talked about it before, but what do people  think of our giant merc?

6 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Weird question, has anyone tried out a mega gargant merc with soulblight?

I was working on my necrofex (gargant), and I was wondering what people thought of it. Is it oppressive? Like, only take it to tournament stuff? Straight bad? Is it better to go chaff heavy with it? Lots of fast stuff? Just make a monster goon squad? 

I don't know if people talked about it before, but what do people  think of our giant merc?

I think I saw somebody take one with Prince V and did very well. Fairly certain I read about it on the SBGL page on FB but I am not 100%. I've been considering adding one to my army but I can't really find the points for it.

Also after much thinking after my 4-1 tournament result I have hammered out a new list to try. I figured my biggest weakness is something like Ironjawz and SoB so if I can mitigate them with shackles while boosting my overall survivability with mannfred..or just more zombies with lifeswarm then it seems like a step in the right direction. I didn't put relics or Ct cause lazy.

773df2a35131b5e13f23ce18644c75ad.png

Edited by Belmail
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to paint and play a Soulblight army and I am wondering if the following, is a list that will be fun and somewhat good list to play with and against  :

Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords - Lineage: Vyrkos Dynasty 

LEADERS :

- Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos (200)* - Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike

- Radukar the Beast (315)*

- Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)** - Deathlance - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

- Necromancer (125)* - General - Command Trait: Master of Magic - Artefact: Arcane Tome - Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

- Kritza, the Rat Prince (95)*  // this or maybe fell bats ? but Kritza seemed fun to play with

UNITS :

- 10 x Dire Wolves (135)**

- 10 x Dire Wolves (135)*

- 20 x Deathrattle Skeletons (170)*

- 5 x Blood Knights (195)**

CORE BATTALIONS : *Warlord **Vanguard

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS : Artefact

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 136

Do you think its coherent and will play ok?

Feel free to give all your insight and constructive criticism.

6 hours ago, Bolty said:

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to paint and play a Soulblight army and I am wondering if the following, is a list that will be fun and somewhat good list to play with and against  :

Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords - Lineage: Vyrkos Dynasty 

LEADERS :

- Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos (200)* - Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike

- Radukar the Beast (315)*

- Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)** - Deathlance - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

- Necromancer (125)* - General - Command Trait: Master of Magic - Artefact: Arcane Tome - Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

- Kritza, the Rat Prince (95)*  // this or maybe fell bats ? but Kritza seemed fun to play with

UNITS :

- 10 x Dire Wolves (135)**

- 10 x Dire Wolves (135)*

- 20 x Deathrattle Skeletons (170)*

CORE BATTALIONS : *Warlord **Vanguard

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS : Artefact

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 136

Do you think its coherent and will play ok?

Feel free to give all your insight and constructive criticism.

I would definitely drop kritza for the bats, which also gives the chance at a triumph. 

29 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

So I just finished my Raudakar the Wolf, does anyone ever actually use him or do we just go straight to da beast?

I just tried him in a 750 point game last night.  On a small board, the 18" bubble for his command ability meant that my entire army got +1 attacks on the turns that he charged.  It was pretty ridiculous.  My opponent (stormcast) was down to a single model on the table at the end of round 3.  Obviously, the Beast version can do the same thing since he has the same command ability, but I found being able to pass wounds off to the Nightguard to keep Radukar alive made a huge difference (especially because I left him a bit too open and my opponent made a long charge on turn 1 try to take him out early.)

30 minutes ago, Wordy9th said:

Just a quick question: does the arcane tome allow me to cast two spells per hero phase or choose an extra spell to cast if I use it on a wizard (necromancer)?

Arcane Tome: The pages of this ancient grimoire
grant the bearer arcane power.
The bearer becomes a Wizard that knows the
Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield spells. They can
attempt to cast 1 spell in your hero phase and
attempt to unbind 1 spell in the enemy hero phase.
If the bearer is already a Wizard, they can attempt
to cast 1 additional spell instead.

Eh - for Vial the Casting value went up but you really need to be next to a 10+ wound model for any real effect. Going off double on 9+ is nice but still rather situational. 

I wish they brought the original back - simple and effective. Plus you were able to heal friends. This one just goes to caster .

1 hour ago, Lich King said:

Eh - for Vial the Casting value went up but you really need to be next to a 10+ wound model for any real effect. Going off double on 9+ is nice but still rather situational. 

I wish they brought the original back - simple and effective. Plus you were able to heal friends. This one just goes to caster .

I agree the original was a fairly reasonable spell, you had to have a target in range and a buddy even closer, if that was your intent. This new one still only seems good against mega gargants.

• Like 1