AoS3 - Soulblight Gravelord Discussion

RuneBrush

20 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Warbossironteef I really like that list. I'd be tempted to swap a necro for a foot vampire for a more reliable +1 attack buff for when one of Mannfred/Radukar's is unlikely to be applied.

Any additional thoughts as to battalion usage and if you intend to use the Gravesite/ Legion Ambush with anything?

Mostly Legion of night for the artefact to boost casting.  I think it's incredible for my necros and manny. 

I've found gravesites to be much more flexible than the Legion of Night ambush so I usually dont use it. 12 inches from grave is much easier for 40xZombies. A lot of games I look to pop up 2x40 man zombies turn 1 very aggro.  Even if you fail charges it still does two things: puts you in a great spot for double turn and puts pressure on your opponent to deal with 80 wounds. I usually fly VLOZD or Manny up behind one of the 40 units and push another 40 up the board with 20xGG behind to act as counter charge. 

I play much more aggro against shooting armies. Basicallly just try to get as many zombies in their face early.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, mmimzie said:

if you are looking at the GW site there are twp weapon sprues and 2 banner sprues in the box in memory serves. Otherwise there wouldn't even be enough sword and boards. 

Ok, thanks, that makes sense. I think I was just imagining more like big two handed swords than what they have in the kit. The models aren’t terrible, but I think there’s loads of room for improvement. 

• Like 1

Battlescribe currently is not categorizing zombies as battleline.  I assume that it's because they're technically conditional, but the condition is the army being a Soulblight Gravelords army, which is obviously the army I'm selecting to build a list.  Is there a way to get battlescribe to recognize them properly?  It just bugs me to have the little error icon showing up when building my list.

21 minutes ago, vlad3theimpaler said:

Battlescribe currently is not categorizing zombies as battleline.  I assume that it's because they're technically conditional, but the condition is the army being a Soulblight Gravelords army, which is obviously the army I'm selecting to build a list.  Is there a way to get battlescribe to recognize them properly?  It just bugs me to have the little error icon showing up when building my list.

battle scribe for AoS is like the worst thing to use i feel. I'd stick with warscroll builder personally. 

• Haha 1

I think it depends, I've been experimenting with a few different lists the last couple of weeks.

I've ran Legion of Night horde with Mannfred, Legion of Night horde with Nagash, Vyrkos Horde with Radukar, VLoZD and Bella, and most recently, monster mash Kastelai with Nagash, Mannfred, Vengorian, 1x5 Blood Knights and 2 x 10 Skeletons. The latter was a list that did well at a recent large event here, that I wanted to emulate. Weird no Spell Portal with Nagash, but I basically threw him forward with the extra Arcane Bolts as opposed to Portal and Hand of Dust.

With Nagash magic is pretty consistent, and opponents find it hard to cast. I played in to Helon with the Fox, Windcharger, Sentinel spam, and with only 3 casts I was pretty much shutting down every one of his magic phases.

3 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Vyrkos, Kastelli and Night. Tell me what your prefer to run?

Against magic-heavy armies, do you even get spells off?

Kastelai seems good for Blood Knight heavy lists, Vyrkos if you want to run lots of smaller heroes and bodies, Legion of Night otherwise. I don't personally see the draw of Legion of Night for any particular play style, but it has a lot of good stuff and you can just throw any kind of list in there and do OK. Morbegh's Claw is good on a Necromancer, Unholy Impetus is good on a big hero to buff smaller stuff and Terrifying Visage helps them stay alive. Plus, you get Mannfred as a general in addition. That's all decent enough.

I personally view Soulblight casting as a bonus in most lists and would not rely on it. Overall, though, the tools are definitely there to build a magic-heavy list, though. That recent tournament winning Vyrkos list had something like 8 casts, several of which are at +1, rerolling or both.

I think people underestimate the value of reroll casts. It's very good, frequently better than a +1 when it comes to achieving a successful cast (but not necessarily if you just want a high casting score to protect from unbinds):

Casting Value Odds to succeed Rerolling
12 0,03 0,05
11 0,08 0,16
10 0,17 0,31
9 0,28 0,48
8 0,42 0,66
7 0,58 0,83
6 0,72 0,92
5 0,83 0,97
4 0,92 0,99
3 0,97 1
2 1 1

You can get the odds for +1 to cast by just moving down a row (or +x to cast by moving down x rows).

Theoretically, there is the option to get +1 to cast from a Corpse Cart and Mortis Engine, as well. Also Chronomantic Cogs if you really want it. I don't see people going for those lists, though, because there are no game-changing spells in Gravelords that would justify this investment. Maybe Vanhel's if you really want to build around it, but I am not convinced you can't get the same effect easier by investing into other buffs. All the lore spells seem situationally strong, but not game-winning or just added incidental value.

However, I think that being able to run lists that just incidentally have 4+ casts and unbinds is still quite good. It will definitely make it so that your opponent can't rely on their own magic, which is a plus. And you will probably get a few casts through per game. Not everyone is running Lumineth with Teclis or Tzeentch, after all.

Oh, and of course Gravelords have their own super-caster in Nagash. 8 casts at +3 is definitely still top-tier.

• Like 1

I think all have thier place. 

Vykros is very weird and very specific. 

Kasteli relys on big alpha turns and 1 or 2 units max of blood knights with a bigger hitter general with artifact and command traits.

Legion of the night is the army of zombies, skeletons, and graveguard. Basicly doing the Warhammer fantasy battle style of vampires. 

The main things are artifacts and abilities.

Vykros basicly gives you worse +2 to cast as rerolls general is alittle worse than +2 to cast. So you'll get a good army wise casting bonus. From here skeletons and grave guard perform well getting an easy access to +1 to wound that doesn't take up that one command ability per unit per phase. 

I also think vykros can do we'll with a objective focused list with zombies. Spore tracker is a great free move and can give the zombies a potential 19" threat range with out rolling any dice. Letting you just shuffle lots of zombies onto objective, and catch key units. 

Kasteli I think is a trap. I think 3+ uunitsof blood knights will struggle to function well. Havin played Deepkin and having seen the chat here. Getting more than 3 model into combat will be a struggle. That's including trying to stack your buffs. I think 1 or 2 blood knights and a VLoZD with sword and relentless (it think it's called) is going to be the gravy. Hit hard get your buffs and hope to seize momentum. From there zombies and skeletons will be there to actually win the game and score objectives. 

That's the thing the zombies and skeletons can come back giving you so much objective control. You'll want serveral units or a few big ones. 

Legion of the night is great. Everything can work. Blood knights, skeletons, and zombies can all get great buffs from impetus. 

The sneak into the table and cover are very strong against the meta. Letting you protect power pieces and getting that bonus to save against early shooting that I think we will see a lot. 

The claw is a better bonus than rerolling your cast, and let's you get higher number protecting you from unbinds.  You can go really nuts with Morris engines and corpse carts to set that bonus to the moon.  Only claw downside is it being realaticely stationary, but if you bring the boat you can move that buff around the board. 

Honestly I think the three live and die off a few key artifact and command traits that are almost just must takes. 

I also think skels and zombies will be bread and butter to winning a lot of games. From there pick a monster or two, and then lastly pick your favorite flavor ice cream (kasteli, vykros, or legion of the night)

• Like 1

Just got my first game in with the necromancer list. I went with 40/40/20 zombies, one corpse cart of each flavor and 3 necros. Managed a solid win against deepkin on The Vice.

It's not an easy list to play as you have to be very mindful of positioning for the next hero phase. The magic was very good though. When things came down to it in the middle the enemy had to deal with a lot of debuffs.

I'm going to try a variation with 40/20/20 zombies, dropping the balefire cart in favor of a third unit of Blood Knights.

On 8/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, Skellyten said:

So, I'm completely new to AoS coming from card games.

I've decided I would like to make a Monster centric army and I like the look of the Soulblight Gravelords although the new dragons coming out might sway me.

The army I think I have decided on is below but I'm not sure it is legal when it comes to the Cursed City figures.

Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords
- Lineage: Avengorii

Leaders
Coven Throne (310) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of the Vampires: Blades of Shyish
Vengorian Lord (280) in Warlord
- Artefact: Arcane Tome
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Torgillius the Chamberlain (115) in Warlord
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
Radukar the Wolf (150) in Warlord
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Battleline
10 x Deathrattle Skeletons (85) in Warlord
Terrorgheist (305) in Battle Regiment
Terrorgheist (305) in Battle Regiment
- Cursed Mutations: Nullblood Construct

Other
4 x Kosargi Nightguard (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Kosargi Nightguard (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

I know this army has a few weaknesses such as the abundanabundance of MW flying about and Range heavy armies. I just like the mobility of the monsters and the fact I don't have to paint too many models.

One item I will add is that you only have 3 units with the monster keyword in your army, so you're not going to get a massive amount of benefit from the Avengorii abilities.

On 8/7/2021 at 6:33 AM, Skellyten said:

So, on Warscroll Builder Torgillius the Chamberlain is not Unique is this correct?

If it isn't does having multiple next to Radukar the Wolf all trigger their trusted Lieutenant or can it only trigger once?

just thought it would be funny to gain a lot of command points.

Pretty sure that's an oversight on Warscroll Builder.  Torgillius is a named character so you'll only be able to put one in your army.

3 hours ago, Obeisance said:

How are you finding Vyrkos Blood Knights?

I think they are a good option in Vyrkos.

The Vyrkos allegiance abilities incentivize two list building decision at first glance: Bringing casters for the rerolls and bringing DEADWALKERS and DEATHRATTLE for the +1 to wound. That makes it look like Blood Knights might not be a good fit.

But on closer inspection, Vyrkos actually does not incentivize Deadwalker/Deathrattle spam at all, since very few of those units really benefit from that +1 to wound:

• Zombies deal their damage though mortals on hit
  • Direwolves have +1 to wound on the charge on their warscroll
  • Skeleton Warriors are not an offensive unit
  • Black Knights are not worth bringing

So the only unit that really loves that +1 to wound are Grave Guard, which you probably don't want to spam.

In my opinion, that makes including a unit or two of Blood Knights pretty attractive. They may not directly benefit from Vyrkos allegiance, but Vyrkos can offer good support from Belladamma and Radukar the Beast. Vyrkos also has the best direwolves, whose speed complements Blood Knights well.

I think if you are interested in bringing some Blood Knights, but not fully leaning into the spam list, Vyrkos is worth checking out.

Having painted up Nagash last week, I took him out for a spin over the weekend. I actually managed to get 3 games in overall, first with a non Nagash Vyrkos list vs Nurgle, followed by a Legion of Night Horde Nagash list vs Helon Lumineth (Sev, Windmage, 2 Foxes, 30 Sentinels, 10 Windchargers) then more hero-hammer Kastelai Nagash list vs a Munificent Wanderers Nurgle list.

Vyrkos

Spoiler

- Lineage: Vyrkos Dynasty
- Mortal Realm: Shyish
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)**
- General
- Deathlance
- Command Trait: Hunter's Snare
- Artefact: Sangsyron
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos (200)**
Radukar the Beast (315)*
Necromancer (125)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

Battleline
20 x Deadwalker Zombies (115)**
20 x Deadwalker Zombies (115)*
10 x Dire Wolves (135)*

Units
5 x Blood Knights (195)*
20 x Grave Guard (280)*
- Great Wight Blades
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Wounds: 135
Drops: 5

Nagash in Night (Horde)

Spoiler

- Lineage: Legion of Night
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)*
Necromancer (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Artefact: Morbheg's Claw
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

Battleline
30 x Deathrattle Skeletons (255)*
- Reinforced x 2

Units
20 x Grave Guard (280)*
- Great Wight Blades
- Reinforced x 1

Umbral Spellportal (70)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Wounds: 111
Drops: 1

Kastelai Dynasty (Hero/Monster) This list did well at Mancunian Carnage event, not my creation

Spoiler

- Lineage: Kastelai Dynasty
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (380)
Vengorian Lord (280)*
- General
- Command Trait: Rousing Commander
- Artefact: Fragment of the Keep
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (195)*
10 x Deathrattle Skeletons (85)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Wounds: 73
Drops: 3

I really liked Hunters Snare VLoZD, being able to smash something on an objective and force it off someone, then still be in control when they try to take it back is great. I had success retreating him so he kept a toe on it, still counting as 14. Belladama is also quite annoying for the opponent, being relatively safe when next to her trusty wolves and messing with the opponent with lycancurse, or providing exploding 6s to the VLoZD.

Of the two Nagash lists, I preferred the second, more hero hammer list, I think because I am already tired of pushing around so many 25mm bases. Having 3 monsters allows you to rack up the additional VPs from battle tactics, especially when you combine the speed. With the horde list, I got lucky and rolled a 5+ on endless legions, allowing me to score a battle tactic that I would otherwise have not been able to get (2 units in opponents territory), however with zippy monsters such as Mannfred, this is much easier.

I did miss the spell portal and hand of dust combo, however without it that's an extra 2 Arcane Bolts, for an average of 4 more mortals, and I really played him aggressive, moving forward and charging in.

So taking all of that and putting something new together with the "best bits", here is a Nagash and VLoZD list I'd like to try, in Vyrkos with Belladamma along for the ride. With the casting potential, Bella can almost guarantee Metamorphosis so you still have 3 monsters to score those additional battle tactic VPs, and a VLoZD with reroll 1s time is going to be super tanky whilst still doing decent damage.

Sangsyron is perhaps a luxury choice, and Amulet of Destiny might be the better play, as that 5+ ward feels like such an improvement over the regular 6+ deathless.

Spoiler

- Lineage: Vyrkos Dynasty
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)*
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)
- General
- Deathlance
- Command Trait: Hunter's Snare
- Artefact: Sangsyron OR Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos (200)*

Battleline
10 x Dire Wolves (135)*

Umbral Spellportal (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Wounds: 79
Drops: 2

Is this the best way to play Soulblight, or even Nagash, no probably not. However I think it could be a lot of fun, and when playing 5 games over 2 days in the tournament I have next month, could mean we can definitely wrap up the games in the 2.5 hours and is less strenuous to play.

Curious to hear your thoughts on my ramblings.

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

opinion, that makes including a unit or two of Blood Knights pretty attractive.

I'd say the beast works quite fine with zombies, and Soma's buffs to dire dogs makes corpse carts more reliable. While spore trackers can make corpse carts quick enough to keep up with dire wolves and attacking zombiie units. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I'd say the beast works quite fine with zombies, and Soma's buffs to dire dogs makes corpse carts more reliable. While spore trackers can make corpse carts quick enough to keep up with dire wolves and attacking zombiie units. 

That's all correct, of course. I don't find these to be huge selling points in favour of going Deadwalker heavy in Vyrkos, though.

In the case of Radukar the Beast, there is really fairly little payoff for running him in Vyrkos over any other allegiance since he's not a wizard. I suppose he becomes general in addition (which is not nothing) and broadcasts that +1 to wound, but as I already mentioned +1 to wound does little for Zombies and Direwolves specifically. I would personally not think twice about slapping Radukar into Kastelai or Night, he barely uses any utility.

Similarly, Corpse Carts are cool, but the bonus to saves is only for Zombies, who really only gain a very marginal benefit from it (+saves is better on higher base saves). The negatives to wound version is cool, though, and does get better with Spoor Trackers.

• Like 1

I really like the beast wherever…

he is pretty tanky with 12 hp and -1 to hit

he is reasonably fast with 8“ and his run&charge ability

he comes with 10 wolves

call to hunt buffs all units within 18“ with +1 attack, that’s pretty decent

i would consider him even in a Nagash list, because he is pretty independent and brings some more models to the table…

Slowly chipping away at these 70 Zombies. I have a newborn so I only get a few minutes here and there. I used all the speed painting techniques I know and I'm about 6.5 hours in! Getting close. Last steps include drybrushing pants, matt varnish and then adding the swampy water effect to bases. So close! Pretty happy with quality given time invested and number of models. :)

20210810_142216.jpg.759bb955e647052689209f9fb7b4c72d.jpg

20210810_141831.jpg.80011f1a0c80038126b8790234d9bf69.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, vlad3theimpaler said:

Was fixed recently, so likely update your data in the next few days (fix might already be live too) and you'll get the fixed version.

I'm not seeing how more than 2 units of bloodknights is a trap in kasteli. I've heard people say it a few times but it's been the opposite case for me. My list:

Vengorian general w/ pinions, Rousing commander and fragment of the keep

neferatta w/ decrepify

Prince Vordrai w/ vile transference

3x5 bloodknights in hunters of the hearthlands

1x5 bloodknights

1x20 zombies

hold the line grand strategy and inspired triumph

I've had 6 games with this list so far, i've played two different lumineth players, a SoB player, cities player, a seraphon player and a soulblight mirror match.

The soulblight match was 1000pts so i just ran zombies, vengorian and 3x5 bloodknights against vyrkos running radukar the wolf, korsargi, generic vamp general, 20 wolves, 20 zombies, 30 grave guard and a corpse cart. We weren't taking the game very seriously but I took the win.

The seraphon game was against thunder lizards with a bunch of bastillodons and kroxigors with skink msu, slann and skink priests. I couldn't do much to the bastillodons but i killed off the rest of his army and won by attrition. It was one of the harder games i played but the 3+ saves and darkmist, mystic shield and all out defense kept me going through the shooting.

The lumineth games where stomps. Neither opponent brought teclis or cows so that's something to be aware of tho. With no small hero to snipe out my opponents where forced to shoot into prince V or neffy who both healed back up by my next turns. the wardens couldn't really handle the bloodknights charging and trampling all game and the bravery 10 kept the cathalar from shutting down prince V who was a killing machine (well more his spear and breath weapon, even with quickblood the claws and maw where way too swingy) Both lists had a lord regent and at least 30 sentinels, tho both players now are moving into other things like gotrek or ballistas.

The SoB games where interesting as we did two back to back. My opponent ran stomper tribe with the warstomper, kragnos, 1x3 and 2x1 mancrushers. The 2x1 mancrushers where used to screen for kragnos so that i couldn't charge kragnos turn 1 so i played a unit of bloodknights sacrificially so prince V could get a favourable charge. The bulk of that game was killing off the 1x3 with charging blood knights and using neffy and the vengorian in unison with a unit of bloodknights to tie up the warstomper. Kragnos and Prince V went 3 rounds in combat the first game thanks to neffy being wholly within 12" and darkmist. The warstomper basically never died thanks to amulet of destiny but was kept out of objectives for most of the games. Both games played out roughly the same with me pulling kragnos and the warstomper close enough for neffy to give -1 to hit and decrepify to their respective opponents and darkmist prince V. It was very positioning intensive and is still wild that several bloodknights disappeared into the void of a mancrushers pants.

The cities game was interesting, living city warsong rev with spell portal, mage on hurricanum and mage on foot, frost phoenix general, 30 handgunners, 2x10 dreadspears and 20 phoenix guard with a lifeswarm. The match turned into two debuff engines paper handsing eachother for 5 turns, it was a rough game and neither of us had much left at the end. It was purely my mobility in taking the side objectives before slogging it out in the centre of the table that won me the game as we both had mediocre results with our tacticals and the warsongs throne of vines + awaken sprites combo through the spell portal really helped him chew through the saves the handgunners and phoenix guard struggled with.

In games with squishy opponents I tended to do well by rolling over them and making them panic by using rousing commander early in the first two turns. In games where my opponent was tankier I won by body blocking my opponent with good positioning and relying on my relative survivability and saving rousing commander for a key turn when the extra wounds and damage could save me from having my line broken.

Edited by Lucky Snake Eyes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

s I already mentioned +1 to wound does little for Zombies and Direwolves specifically.

I agree, but it doesn't really help blood knights either right??  Where as radukar's +1 attack is a 100% zombie damage increase that is double with dance from a necro as a spell is boosted by vykros.  Plus spore tracker lets you simply just win the games. 

That said i'll clarify that I don't think you are wrong. In fact, i agree with your argument in a wider sense for soulblight. 1 or 2 units of blood knights are a decent throw into any army.  They are fast, durable, and hit decently hard, while not needing any real support to be affective, but as you say can benefit casually from any buffs you have. 

That all said i think if you go the idea route of looking at buffs, i'd recommend buffing zombies and graveguard, and having your blood knights benefit from said buffs more passively like radukar and unholy impetus let you do.  Graveguard and zombies use the buffs more efferently and will put out way more damage for your buffing investment.  Investing too heavily in blood knights i think is going to get you in trouble if you are looking to make a completive list. Again 1 or 2 units can be very power and game winning, but to many will  cripple your list. 

• Like 1

I was looking at the bloodlines and no one seems to talk about the avengorii bloodline. The ability to reduce wound rolls by 1 from anything that is not a monster seems pretty powerful with a a VLoZD focused list. Am I missing something? Is it that they don't buff your troops at all(and have not great artifacts)?

Just curious. Cheers

10 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

I was looking at the bloodlines and no one seems to talk about the avengorii bloodline. The ability to reduce wound rolls by 1 from anything that is not a monster seems pretty powerful with a a VLoZD focused list. Am I missing something? Is it that they don't buff your troops at all(and have not great artifacts)?

Just curious. Cheers

I think it's the simple fact that our hero monsters are very expensive and the regular monsters aren't good. So it's hard to build a balance listed when leaning hard into Avengorri. Non-hero monsters are a bit of a liability in so many missions and the battle tactics. 

Compare a Terrogheist vs 5x Bloodknights or 20x GG or 40x Zombies and you'll start to see why not too many people are going Avengorri. 

• Thanks 1

Got a game in today against the up and coming Guild of Summoners Tzeentch list. I went with my heaviest Blood Knight List:

Mannfred

Radukar the Beast

6x5 Blood Knights

10 Direwolves

2x battle regiment

He summoned a Lord of Change on turns 1 and 2 and won the first priority roll, but I won the second and basically had him wiped out by the end of the third battle round. He killed Mannfred and 15 Blood Knights total.

The list played basically like I expected it to. You'd definitely don't get all the BKs in at once, but as your opponent kills them there are just more to fill the gaps. The hammer blow on my first turn of two units of 5 BKs with Mannfred and Radukar was pretty devastating, and two more flanking units were able to get in to his backfield on turns 2/3 (would have both been turn 2 but Kairos shut down one charge after he rolled a 6 on redeploy). Once he cleared out the two units of Blood Knights in the center there were two more ready to charge in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Got a game in today against the up and coming Guild of Summoners Tzeentch list. I went with my heaviest Blood Knight List:

Mannfred

Radukar the Beast

6x5 Blood Knights

10 Direwolves

2x battle regiment

He summoned a Lord of Change on turns 1 and 2 and won the first priority roll, but I won the second and basically had him wiped out by the end of the third battle round. He killed Mannfred and 15 Blood Knights total.

The list played basically like I expected it to. You'd definitely don't get all the BKs in at once, but as your opponent kills them there are just more to fill the gaps. The hammer blow on my first turn of two units of 5 BKs with Mannfred and Radukar was pretty devastating, and two more flanking units were able to get in to his backfield on turns 2/3 (would have both been turn 2 but Kairos shut down one charge after he rolled a 6 on redeploy). Once he cleared out the two units of Blood Knights in the center there were two more ready to charge in.

i say sir, this list is even more bonkers than mine, absolute kudos and a toast to Aborash' glory