How are the kits?

Akrabra

So I've bought and painted SIgvald, just because he Is an amazing model. And It was fun and Interesting enough that I am considering dipping Into Hedonites. However one of my worries Is that the kits are a bit too limited, and units will pretty much look the same over and over. The blissbarb archers and the new seekers looks like the worst offenders. So I am asking here since you guys have experience with these new kits? Is there variety? will there be the same 5 slickblades over and over and so on.

• Like 1

As I´m new to Hedonites I have only bought one box of blissbarb archers. Lovely kit with 10 diffrent poses that are a bit complicated to glue together. As I see it not so many options to mix and change around but still wonderful minatures. From what I understand you usually only want maximum of around 2 units.

I don´t know about the other kits.

1 hour ago, Akrabra said:

So I've bought and painted SIgvald, just because he Is an amazing model. And It was fun and Interesting enough that I am considering dipping Into Hedonites. However one of my worries Is that the kits are a bit too limited, and units will pretty much look the same over and over. The blissbarb archers and the new seekers looks like the worst offenders. So I am asking here since you guys have experience with these new kits? Is there variety? will there be the same 5 slickblades over and over and so on.

The Slickblade Seekers and Blissbarb archers are the worst offenders. 

However, Twinsouls/Painbringers and Slaangors can both be mixed and matched. 

To be honest, the Painbringer kit reminded me a lot of the older Fantasy kits; heads are changeable, arms are easily changeable, torso is able to be posed in any direction, and shoulders are mostly interchangable (though be warned that the male and female variants have very different shoulder sized, and I found this out the hard way). They are some of the best kits I've ever built for AoS.

Slickblades, on the other hand, taught me the true meaning of Masochism 😂

• Like 1

As usual for AoS, not a lot of options.

For the archers, 10 poses, little options (a couple of extra heads), a few small accessories, the only real choice is building one as the squad leader or as a regular. Still 10 poses is relatively high and some paint tweak should gives the illusion of variety and hide most of the duplicate on a gaming table.

For real variety you have to hack things, warcry has things that blend well with the hedonites but $$$ and time consuming.

• 3 weeks later...