Dracothian Stormcast Force - and questions

RileyArlic

Hey all!

First time poster, long time lurker. 

I have just begun a Stormcast army, knowing that we're likely going to get some updates soon with Yndrasta and the like. I've always been fascinated by dragons, and Stormcast are really the only army that really have a proper dragon! So, I want to make an army around it! 

I've got the Stardrake, and I've got some Dracothian guard coming soon, along with a few other units (liberators, judicators, the full boxes, not the etb), and I was wondering what else I might need to really get the most out of the Stardrake and Dracoth units? Are there any particular Leaders, Heroes, or Wizards that help these units really shine? 

Also, how would you recommend I equip the Stardrake? As a Drakesworn, or Celestant? The Celestant's ability to buff the Dracoths seems really good, or is it? 

Thanks so much for your help!

I can recommend a Lord Castelant for his +1 save buff, which is very usefull for dracoths and the Stardrake too.

The command abilty of the LCoSD is not that strong as it effects mounts only. The skybolt bow of the Drakesworn Templar is a better buff option, as it buffs all attacks of your dracoth cavalry( also their shooting attack!) 

3 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Hey all!

First time poster, long time lurker. 

I have just begun a Stormcast army, knowing that we're likely going to get some updates soon with Yndrasta and the like. I've always been fascinated by dragons, and Stormcast are really the only army that really have a proper dragon! So, I want to make an army around it! 

I've got the Stardrake, and I've got some Dracothian guard coming soon, along with a few other units (liberators, judicators, the full boxes, not the etb), and I was wondering what else I might need to really get the most out of the Stardrake and Dracoth units? Are there any particular Leaders, Heroes, or Wizards that help these units really shine? 

Also, how would you recommend I equip the Stardrake? As a Drakesworn, or Celestant? The Celestant's ability to buff the Dracoths seems really good, or is it? 

Thanks so much for your help!

As you say, everything mitght change very soon so take all these suggestions as potentially having a very very short shelf life. That being said:

Apart from the castellant that was already suggested, a good idea is to capitalise on that +1 to cast offered by both stadrakes. So I'd say including a wizard (a knight incantor is probably the best, a exorcist the cheaper version, a lord arcanum probably not worth it unless you want to use sequitors as battleline) and the everblaze comet might be efficient.

A knight heraldor could be a very good inclusion as it can provide run and charge or retreat and charge for either the stardrake (the Celstant with hammer gets bonus attacks on the charge) or for the dracoths (particularly useful for fulminators).

Such a list is necessarily low on bodies, so adding some cheap chaff as allies (skinks, mainly) is a good idea