Anvil of Blood Hero Showcase

Neil Arthur Hotep

Tried my hand at making a fun little curse of lycan themed Hero. Clocks in at 190 points, no idea if she'd be any good but the idea is rush in make a flurry of attacks with her inaccurate but dangerous claws. Felt like bring me their head made the most thematic sense for a command ability for a character like this. Also I find it weird that martial vampire lords have the wizard keyword but no spells.

valyria-wolfblood.jpg

EDIT: Errors in the warscroll: Forgot the hunger ability and natural movement for vamps is 6" not 5".

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1

Decided to put together a warscroll for a vargskyr as a hero, I see it as being a vargskyr that whether due to some anomaly or magical means has managed to retain a shred of its former intelligence/personality, enough to allow it to lead others into carnage. Clocks in at 280points

ascended-vargskyr.jpg

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1

So I put together a WIP warscroll for a hero that I'm considering using in a narrative path to glory campaign I'm planning with some friends using 25dp Anvil of Apotheosis heroes as our generals who will get more points over the campaign. Still working out how to make some battleplans to encourage narrative rather than competitive playstyles (aka battleplans that aren't just smash opponent / smash opponent whilst holding objectives) but I'm definitely looking forward to it! Planning to make this character from a blood knight with some standing legs. Still debating whether to be curse of X or mounted for them but I have time to play around!

karyka__002c-marshall-of-the-wardens.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 4:51 AM, Lightbox said:

So I put together a WIP warscroll for a hero that I'm considering using in a narrative path to glory campaign I'm planning with some friends using 25dp Anvil of Apotheosis heroes as our generals who will get more points over the campaign. Still working out how to make some battleplans to encourage narrative rather than competitive playstyles (aka battleplans that aren't just smash opponent / smash opponent whilst holding objectives) but I'm definitely looking forward to it! Planning to make this character from a blood knight with some standing legs. Still debating whether to be curse of X or mounted for them but I have time to play around!

karyka__002c-marshall-of-the-wardens.jpg

My advice to create narrative battleplans? Work out what the objective is.

Defending a village? Than attackers should get points for destroying buildings and escaping off the defenders board edge to terrorize citzens.

Fonts of power and rituals make for fun narrative missions. Completing a spell cast or prayer each turn can push the ritual forward (or something similar) and the enemy must stop it. Might want to make additional rules to protect the ritual person while they work...

If you ponder the narrative of what each army wants and how they can get it, you can often find a story you can tell. Even just some story leadup and special terrain can make for a great narrative battle.

• Like 1