Soulblight Gravelords FAQ question collection

Neil Arthur Hotep

How does the deathrattle skeleton, ‘Skeleton Legion’ work if triggered for a second time due to vanhels? Do you still roll a number of dice equal to the total models lost in that phase, even if X amount has already been returned to the unit in their previous activation OR do you first deduct the amount of returned models from the total rolled amount of dice? 

1 hour ago, StokieRich said:

Has anyone figured out how radukar and belladamma interact together on a 6 to hit? 

Would you get both going off and one being 2mw then you get an extra hit pop in that you roll for, or would you just get the benefit of one? 

1 hit (from the 6's) and 2 mw, is like aditional to the damage instead of finish the attack seccuence

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2021 at 5:07 PM, JustAsPlanned said:

In the Vampire battalion it says that there’s 2+ Vampire Lords. Does it just mean generic vampire lords or the VLoZD and named ones too?

Battalions always refer to Keywords.  VLoZD does have "Vampire Lord" as a keyword so can be included.  If any named characters have "Vampire Lord" they can be included.

57 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Battalions always refer to Keywords.  VLoZD does have "Vampire Lord" as a keyword so can be included.  If any named characters have "Vampire Lord" they can be included.

I don't have the book on me to check, but I believe Vampire Lord not in KEYWORD BOLD in this instance. So I believe it refers to the name on the warscroll, not the keyword in this instance. This should still allow you to take Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragon, because there is an FAQ entry somewhere to the effect that you can ignore the small print modifiers on warscrolls for battalions like this ("on Zombie Dragon" being small print in this case). Named Vampire Lords should be out, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Battalions always refer to Keywords.  

They can refer to titles OR keywords.

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't have the book on me to check, but I believe Vampire Lord not in KEYWORD BOLD in this instance. So I believe it refers to the name on the warscroll, not the keyword in this instance. This should still allow you to take Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragon, because there is an FAQ entry somewhere to the effect that you can ignore the small print modifiers on warscrolls for battalions like this ("on Zombie Dragon" being small print in this case). Named Vampire Lords should be out, though.

It's from the core rulebook.

185965711_1673876929667187_6847168773030514198_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Sorry, I perhaps should have been more specific.  In the context of Vampire Lords (i.e. the bit I quoted) it is the keyword.

I'm sorry, but I am looking at the battletome right now and Vampire Lord is not keyword bold.

For what it's worth, though, I have this question in the OP because an official GW answer would certainly be helpful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm sorry, but I am looking at the battletome right now and Vampire Lord is not keyword bold.

For what it's worth, though, I have this question in the OP because an official GW answer would certainly be helpful.

I stand corrected on that one - must have been looking at an older warscroll when I checked earlier.  VLoZD does have the keyword though.  In truth I don't understand why there isn't a little more consistency in keywords - not like they're struggling for space in the box!

• Thanks 1

As i understand it, in regards to the Red Banqueters battalion, the general consensus goes as follows;

If a required selection in the Battalion is in Bold, then it's referring to the Keyword.  See Deathmarch's Wight King, and Deathstench Drove's Corpse Carts on the page opposite in the battletome as reference examples.  This means any unit with that keyword can be chosen.

If a required selection in the Battalion is not in bold, then its referring to a warscroll that has that name, or, a part of the name has that word; as vlad had shown with a screenshot from the core rules book:

185965711_1673876929667187_6847168773030514198_n.jpg

Not simply typing Vampire Lord in bold, which would make it clear that both Vampire Lord, and Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon are both valid options, prevents people from selecting the named vampires (Belladamma Volga, Lady Annika, Kritza, Radukar the Wolf, Radukar the Beast) Which seems to be the generally agreed upon way to read it.

I dont think there would be too many that would be obnoxious about the Battalion's requirements, except for the few that would insist on RAW it to deny the VLOZD purely because they don't want to face it.

But having them address it by making an errata that says to rewrite it as 2+ Vampire Lords and/or VLOZD for the sake of making it explicitly clear for anyone that wants to RAW it instead of RAI it, would be nice.

I have a rules question.

How does the Legion of Blood rule "IMMORTAL MAJESTY" interact with the KILLABOSS warscroll rule "all part of da plan"?

Both rules happen when a unit fail a battleshock test. One of the rules will B overwritten unclear how this works.

(All part of da plan) If a friendly KRULEBOYZ unit fails a battleshock test within 3 of any units with this ability only 1 model from that unit will flee.

Hope you liked the question I'm sure there are other rules with similar interactions were both trigger on a failed battleshock.

3 hours ago, Sunraeteam said:

I have a rules question.

How does the Legion of Blood rule "IMMORTAL MAJESTY" interact with the KILLABOSS warscroll rule "all part of da plan"?

Both rules happen when a unit fail a battleshock test. One of the rules will B overwritten unclear how this works.

(All part of da plan) If a friendly KRULEBOYZ unit fails a battleshock test within 3 of any units with this ability only 1 model from that unit will flee.

Hope you liked the question I'm sure there are other rules with similar interactions were both trigger on a failed battleshock.

I think, and maybe someone can back me up or set me straight, that the person who's turn it is has his rules apply first? I'm sure I read this somewhere. And the rules definitely say that the "most recent" ability wins.

So in Soulblight's turn, the Killaboss' rule would apply second and therefore only 1 would run.

In Orruk's turn, the Killaboss' rule would apply first, so 1 + D3 would run.

Again worth waiting to see full rules, but this is my understanding.

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

I think, and maybe someone can back me up or set me straight, that the person who's turn it is has his rules apply first? I'm sure I read this somewhere. And the rules definitely say that the "most recent" ability wins.

So in Soulblight's turn, the Killaboss' rule would apply second and therefore only 1 would run.

In Orruk's turn, the Killaboss' rule would apply first, so 1 + D3 would run.

Again worth waiting to see full rules, but this is my understanding.

iirc it's not about whose turn it is.
In this case 1 + D3 would always be the case since the Legin of Blood rule is in addition and therefor to be seen as a seperate addition to the normal battleshock which is limited to 1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

iirc it's not about whose turn it is.
In this case 1 + D3 would always be the case since the Legin of Blood rule is in addition and therefor to be seen as a seperate addition to the normal battleshock which is limited to 1

Quite possibly, but at the same time, the Killaboss' ability specifically says only 1 model flees to battleshock, and Legion of Blood's adds D3 to the amount of models that flee, not in addition but it modifies the actual initial amount "add D3 to the amount of models that flee".

Both appear to trigger at the same time (failed battleshock).

There has to be an order of application.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

Quite possibly, but at the same time, the Killaboss' ability specifically says only 1 model flees to battleshock, and Legion of Blood's adds D3 to the amount of models that flee, not in addition but it modifies the actual initial amount "add D3 to the amount of models that flee".

Both appear to trigger at the same time (failed battleshock).

There has to be an order of application.

I'd argue that both count:
1. Roll for battleshock, and determine the number of models that flee.
2. Reduce that number to maximum one
3. Add D3

my reasoning is that those models don't flee due to battleshock but due to an ability if that makes sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I'd argue that both count:
1. Roll for battleshock, and determine the number of models that flee.
2. Reduce that number to maximum one
3. Add D3

my reasoning is that those models don't flee due to battleshock but due to an ability if that makes sense.

It does make sense, but at the same time, the Orruk player can rightly argue the same:

1. Roll for battleshock, and determine number of models that flee

2. Add D3

3. Reduce that number to 1

There is definitely something, somewhere, that codifies the order of application, I just can't find it right now.

• Like 1

Trying to source the below, found it from an article online:

Q: If several abilities are triggered at the same time (at the start of a hero phase, for example), how do you determine the order in which they are used?

A: If several abilities can be used at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place uses their abilities first, one after the other, in any order they desire; then the player whose turn is not taking place uses their abilities, one after another, in any order they desire. The same principle applies to any other things – such as command traits or artefacts of power – that can be used simultaneously."

26 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Already been resolved if you read back through the posts 😉

I think it's contentious because I believe the core rules say it works one way, but the Flesh Eater Courts FAQ say it works the opposite.

So really, we need an FAQ (or battalions being dropped from matched play in AoS 3).