Army list without Teclis

Binks

Hello there fellow Lumineth!

Can't play with Teclis for a while (moving out and quarantine reasons) and having a hard time making a list without him as its very hard to replace, at least for me.

I came up with this list:

Scinari Loreseeker (160)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
Vanari Lord Regent (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Goading Arrogance
- Artefact: The Perfect Blade
The Light of Eltharion (220)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)
30 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (360)
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)
Auralan Legion (120)
Hyshian Twinstones (30)

My goal is to be as competitive as possible without Teclis, no need to be the best possible but close, meta here is pretty bad (lot of Idoneth, KO, and net listing in general).
I hate kangaroos, apart from that I'm up for everything including allying Idoneth (I have some eels though I prefer my Lumineth pure), foxes, etc.  I really like Vanari as you can see.

The idea behind this army list is easy to grasp, Syar (Zaitrec could be an option too), lots of wardens and archers with Auralan Legion to do the heavy lifting, a Regent to buff them as much as possible, Cathallar is an autoinclude, a Loreseeker for objetive shenanigans, a unit for horses for objetive grabbing/stealing and mobility, the twinstones to buff casting and Eltharion just to round up (perhaps I should replace him?).

Any suggestions on how to improve? Do you think this list can work in a competitive setting?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to leave the Light of Eltharion out. It's a stunning model but just not that points efficient, especially if your meta is very competitive.

One of Teclis' big advantages is access to all of the spell lores, I'd consider putting in a wind mage for access to the teleport spell. Maybe an endless spell or two with what's left?

I’d agree with GrimDork. It looks good, but you can play a bit around with it. Maybe you do not need Eltharion and/or the Legion. That’s a few things to play with. Spell Portal/Balewind are great (Lambent Light, Darkenss of the Soul), if you rely on Scinari, a few Bladelords might be good. And then, one thing which makes Teclis so strong is that he can use all the lores as you know. You limit yourself to one, which might not be the most competitive option.

I can see why, and my list right now is very similar, but if I was more about competitiveness see if you can fit in a Stonemage or Windmage. 

I like Eltharion in this list mostly because it kind of stays on theme.  He’s a great support piece and does a lot more MW at range than any wizard can.  The teleport is great for this army but could break up a battle line that really needs to support itself, and you have Dawnriders, the Regent and Loreseeker for pouncing on long objectives.  Outside of that one spell I don’t see the Windmage doing much except getting shot.  If you can get speed of hysh off on Eltharion he can even move up with the Dawnriders and Lord Regent, I think it’s a great choice with the expectation of getting second and hoping for that first double turn as well.  I really like this army build and could see myself running it a lot.

I would consider dropping the Legion and spending the 140 points you’d get there on the Wizard of your choice (Calligrave to sit in the Shrine Luminor and Sanctum of Amyntok would be my choice).  I haven’t found any of the relics that aren’t some kind of save of much value yet personally and with the Shrine the one CP isn’t as important.  I would also think about going Illiatha.  The Command Ability could help all your units, rerolling 1’s on 30 sentinels for free every turn is no joke, and you’ve twinned everything.  I believe the artefact is nice for a Lord Regent or Cathaller and it gives you free choice for your Command Trait.  Using your shrine reroll every turn to push Twinstones up is actually a remarkable replacement for bringing Teclis and it’s only 40 points ($115 🤢)

Edited by Andalf

Thanks for your input Andalf! Its clearly well thought.

I also really Eltharion on a personal level even when its hard to justify him on a list.

I'll test next week your ideas and see what fares better