Soulblight Gravelords - New threads  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What threads would you like?

• One big thread for all the Gravelord Options
    • One thread for each of the playable blood lines
    • One overarching Gravelord thread and then one for each of the blood lines
    • Something else (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 09:00 AM

Hi all,

So we've the new Soulblight battletome arriving on peoples doorsteps on the 22nd, which means we're going to need a bit of a tidy up on the threads because we're losing some options (Grand Host and Legion of Sacrement) but gaining others.

The question is how you all think we should structure things.  My own leaning is one thread for each blood line similar to how we currently have it because each blood line seems to be pretty different from the others (moreso than other battletomes).

• RuneBrush pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic

we don't have separate subfaction threads for any of the other armies.  SG discussion seems overwhelming right now, but I personally expect it to die down to a more manageable speed pretty quickly after the book's out.  Single thread also makes sense because "this list would work better in Y subfaction, here's an example" is potentially relevant list feedback.

I think one thread per bloodline would also be a good way to go.
Allows for players of each bloodline to also discuss tactics and list building revolving about that one bloodline, as they seem to have different playstyles. 

Presumably, those interested in that bloodline will also provide more feedback than in a bloodline they're not interested in. 

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

I would suggest that the existing 115+ page thread be locked once this goes live. Otherwise it is a big chunk of speculation and gumpf for folks to trawl through.

It's my intention to lock all of the threads that are no longer valid.  Will keep them linked in the "index" document for prosperity 😊

• Thanks 1

What’s the reasoning for everyone voting a single thread for all SBGL?

Very possible that the posts will cool off in some time, but it’s more or less what exists now (the rumour thread), no? I find that posts and questions are easily and quickly drowned out by other posts. 

I’m not a vet of the forum, so precedence might indicate that it will calm down and be in order, but if it stays like the last few weeks... 

I actually do not quite understand as to why every (or at least every relevant) faction does not get its own subforum. We Cities folk are quite happy that we have one, but why our quite respected vampiric neighbours would not get their own subforum as well, with threads for every bloodline?

Nevermind, I've just noticed that subforum has already been created x)

Edited by Zeblasky

I don't know about this. The Death forums do not see so much traffic that SG needed to be pulled out into its own subforum.  There are only 4 death factions, and considerable overlap between them in units, lore and playerbase.  I mean, how many regular active gravelords threads do you think there will be?  One for tactics & lists, one for hobby & lore, maybe a quaranting thread for complaining & daydreaming?  We don't need awhole new subforum for that,

I liked the death community on the site as a single forum.  It was cozy.  If threads were falling off the front page same day they went up, sure, we'd need more space, but even with the new army hype, which again is sure to die down, we still had first page threads that hadn't been touched in over a month.  It wasn't too crowded before, and the gravelords are just a new name for a faction that already fit on the death board just fine.

• Like 1

One thread per Bloodline imo. If it's all cluttered into one thread, there's barely any point having a sub-forum at all. 

I'm genuinely shocked so many people are voting for one thread. It's going to become such a cluttered headache trying to find specific information/discussion on a particular Bloodline. If I want to see people talking about the Avengorii for example I don't want to have to wade through pages of talk about other Bloodlines.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

there's barely any point having a sub-forum at all.

One or one per subfaction, this is my opinion regardless.  Even under legions of nagash, I feel a separate thread for each subfaction was excessive.  None of them moved so fast that it would have been a problem to have a single 'Legions of Nagash' discussion thread.  If you count legion of grief, then the gravelords don't have any more subfactions than LoN had.