Kragnos discussion

Hypno

37 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

First guess is the Mathhammer is roll # of d6 of unmodified Charge Roll (max 12) against up to 3 enemy units w/in X inches of the model and on X+ do MWs.

That would still be potentially devastating but less game breaking than the headline?

What I want to know most is still points.

The headline is just "we need to sell this model" trash and probably describes some theoretically perfect but practically impossible scenario. Are we likely to get a leak of the rules and points before the pre-order?

Yeah I bet more info will come out to entice us to buy one.  Mega-gargants roll a 2+ for each enemy unit within (I think) 3" of them after they charge to do D3 MW or D6 MW if not a monster.  I imagine he'll do something like that but perhaps it will be 3 MW for each inch of his charge roll?

Very interested in how amazing the Dread Mace will be, plus hooves and possibly shield smash.  Shield anti-magic ability is solid.  Still, I want me some good aura action!  I don't imagine he'll count as multiple models for objectives though; unless v3.0 rules let behemoths naturally count as more.  Doubt that.  

36 Mortals on the charge is going to absolutely devastate those 10 Skinks!

Bloodgullet's command trait works on friendly models that start a pile in move within 12", so thats a small bit of synergy. Charge and delete a screen, pile in 6" to the tastier stuff behind.

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

So excited for this guy.

How are people planning on painting him up? 

Which forces are people adding him to? 

How closely tied to the new destruction army from the box set will he be?

I'm really looking forwards to getting him, but it might be a while as i've spent so much on toy soldiers recently. My ogors have grey skin and red hair/red fur on the beasts and really rusted weapons to match my Orruks,which have an olive skin tone. The plan is red fur horse part, body will be the same grey as the Ogors, belly and face will be the same green as the Orruks but faded in with washes and stippling so its a gentler gradient. I'll do tattoos to match my Ogors and Savage Orruks, but make them look more refined. The metals will be grimy, but not as much as the lesser chumps. Basically a mix of both of these pictures. I did a test on a crypt horror, it needs a bit of work :D.

20210518_202736.jpg

20210221_224328.jpg

Edited by PainfullyMediocre
  • Like 1

his Warscroll is up

he does have the damage and the MW output but is a bit slower then i though he would be. he can almost be a suicide MW bomb which sounds fun

wish he didn't have that only stardrake or stardrake related ability to reroll against

he seems ok depending on the price point

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

i wonder does the book come with a Mix destruction allegiance that centered around Kragnos like for what they did for Be'lakor?

I would assume so. Althrough It somehow seems like the expected siege of Excelsis will not be pivot point of the new edition.

Kragnos Warscroll is...brutal. 

Any destruction factions that can do generic boosts like increase pile in, attack twice or teleportation will get the most from him.

Even though he doesn't benefit from faction abilities, Winterbite specifically says all friendly models, so he'd be -1 to hit in your own deployment zone.

Blood gullet would benefit him a lot too, as someone previously mentioned.

ok rereading his warscroll a bit more closely, he is Brutal

Destroyer of Draconith Empire and Icon of Destruction where meh but the other 3 abilities are really good, no command ability is sad but oh well.

His Attack Profile is a beast,  that Mace has 4 damage and doesn't degrade at all WOW!

48 minutes ago, Rors said:

Any destruction factions that can do generic boosts like increase pile in, attack twice or teleportation will get the most from him.

Even though he doesn't benefit from faction abilities, Winterbite specifically says all friendly models, so he'd be -1 to hit in your own deployment zone.

Blood gullet would benefit him a lot too, as someone previously mentioned.

Destruction doesn't have any generic boosts that work on him, and even the winterbite rule says "friendly winterbite units" and he wouldn't get the keyword. All of the teleportation in destruction is keyword locked too. The only buff in the entire grand alliance that works on him is gordrakk's command ability for +1 to hit, since it is the only buff that is keyworded Destruction in the entire grand allegiance.

30 minutes ago, novakai said:

ok rereading his warscroll a bit more closely, he is Brutal

Destroyer of Draconith Empire and Icon of Destruction where meh but the other 3 abilities are really good, no command ability is sad but oh well.

His Attack Profile is a beast,  that Mace has 4 damage and doesn't degrade at all WOW!

Stonehorns, Maw-krushas, and Gatebreakers can all outdamage him with standard loadouts in their own allegiances while still having good mortals on the charge and good bulk. Kragnos is directly competing with these and the only thing he really offers over it is better bulk (situationally in the case of the gatebreaker/stonehorn) and his charge ability destroying monsters. Gitz can put out similar damage/bulk for comparable points (juiced up bounderz or 9 rockguts/super stabba tarpit) but not in the same place.

Unless he's in the 500 point range I just don't see how he fits into these armies, if he's pointed like archaon/nagash he'll be a joke unless you're fighting draconith or a monster heavy list.

• Like 6

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/ZxdBRlSj3WkAfOAG.pdf

One of his abilities (Rampaging Destruction) is kind of silly lol, but over all he is very solid, a bit slow, and spells are basically never going to work on him. The terrain rule is a bit odd to me, will need to look at that closer and see 3.0 rules first, it seems like it wants to not remove it from the table but removes all the rules and it stays in play, but acts like its not, so this could maybe effect Line of Sight? 

He seems to be strong, given points and new 3.0 rules we will have to wait and see how strong.

Edited by Maddpainting

IMG-20210524-WA0032.jpg.65b1efc6e22c06d303478e6193f4442d.jpg

Extraordinary attack. Without words but it isn't good for a ogor army (only vs armies with a huge magicians like Lumineth), as count as one model and is too weak in front of screens. Only move 10, not fly, not pass across littel units. In fact, is a counter to boulderhead lists.

Good for Goblins and Orks.

Edited by Sartxac

18 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

I wouldn’t take him over Gordrakk, at first glance, and I never take Gordrakk!

I think a better comparison for him is Archaon.

He's a cruise missile. Just like Archaon, whether he's competitively viable or not will depend on the support pieces he can access.

Thinking about abilities to help Kragnos in doing his things. Maybe with Thunderbelly Ogres?

• Thunderbellies with a priest casting Keening Gale (+3" movement)
  • Butcher near a Maw Pot casting Coggs (+2" movement and +2" charge)
  • Give  Grease-smeared Tusks (+1" charge ) to the Butcher -Kragnos base size should keep him within butcher's range.

That should give 13" move and  2D6" + 3"  charge=23" average threat range. Not sure if it's any good but seems fun.

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Destruction doesn't have any generic boosts that work on him, and even the winterbite rule says "friendly winterbite units" and he wouldn't get the keyword. All of the teleportation in destruction is keyword locked too. The only buff in the entire grand alliance that works on him is gordrakk's command ability for +1 to hit, since it is the only buff that is keyworded Destruction in the entire grand allegiance.

The bloodgullets pile in command trait (not ability) affects friendly units. Having Kragnos, Gordrakk and a handful of Ogors probably won't be the best army :D

Given the model's immense stature, I was fully expecting him to be like 30 wounds and able to step over things like the Mega-gargants.  Disappointed big time there.  And he doesn't count for multiple models.  

I'll still get him, cuz I do like the model and big stompy monsters.  I think he might be good as a distraction carnifex for an Underguts Ogor army (assuming no more than like 500 points).  The Leadbelchers can clear the screens and let him do his big charging earthquake, ignoring pesky Shackles and Warp Lightning Vortex.  

I expect the Broken Realms book will have some kinda army build for him though like Belakor had.

hmm I suppose you can screen him if u have good units for that but at 18w with 2+ save, basically ignoring spells and killing anything he touches most likely I think this guy will wreck some serious havoc at local causual games if nog perhaps at the tournament top tables. 10" move is not THAT slow, he is way faster than Gotrek eg which seems like a good comparison

He doesn't seem anything to get excited about.

Cant be buffed by anything, does nothing for the armies he is in unless you honestly count +1 bravery aura. Which obviously means you are close enough to damage your own units with his shout.

Slow, no access to any shenanigans, huge base

Basically needs to be able to charge but will be easily blocked by chaff 

Average survivability and wounds, no FNP

counts as 1 model

I mean he hits hard but so does a bunch of other stuff that is more mobile and can be buffed... he would need to have a very low point cost to even be considered.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rors said:

I think a better comparison for him is Archaon.

He's a cruise missile. Just like Archaon, whether he's competitively viable or not will depend on the support pieces he can access.

He can access very, very little compared to Archaon.  Just look at Archaon's keywords:

CHAOS, DAEMON, MORTAL, SLAVES TO DARKNESS, EVERCHOSEN, KHORNE, TZEENTCH, NURGLE, SLAANESH, 

HEDONITE, UNDIVIDED, MONSTER, HERO, WIZARD, ARCHAON

Comparing him to Arhcaon makes him look awful.