STD 2k List for upcoming GT - Comments and suggestions welcome

CarkFish

Hi chaps, I would love a few comments around this list.. Currently un tested, but hoping to run it on TTS this weekend to see what occurs

Not 100% certain i can take the themalrider on the secrator.... and haven't really decided on other artefacts yet

Allegiance: Chaos
 - Mortal Realm: Aqshy
LEADERS
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- General
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Thermalrider Cloak
- Allies
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- Allies
UNITS
10 x Chaos Knights (320)

- Cursed Lance
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (110)
- Javelin & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- War flails
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- War flails
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (110)
- Javelin & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
BEHEMOTHS
Chaos Warshrine (170)
BATTALIONS
Bloodmarked Warband (180)

TOTAL: 1960/2000

WOUNDS: 128

LEADERS: 3/6

BATTLELINES: 6 (3+)

BEHEMOTHS: 1/4

ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/2

ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3

ALLIES: 280/400

17 views and no comments, makes me wonder if perhaps I've missed some key info that is needed to pass judgement. My apologies if this is the case, i'm fairly new to AOS (old WHFB player) and it's quite likely iv'e borked it up. Any input at all would be useful even if it's how I should be asking in future, that would be awesome. Id like to be an active and useful member of this community after all :)

Pick slaves not chaos as your allegiance.  Run Ravagers so all slaves hero’s get a trait and you can summon in marauders to grab objectives.  Slaves in general and BM warband in particular needs Slaves hero’s to buff troops, plus BM warband needs 9 Khorne marked slaves units.  So drop the Juggerlord for Lord on Daemonic Mount.  Not sure allies can have artefacts so swap that out.  List is then legal.  But, without artefact Secrator is too slow so maybe rethink that.  Also, Some magic (and dispelling) might be good so maybe split 1 unit of knights into 2 then swap secrator and marauder horsemen for sorcerer Lord on manticore.  Also, blades are better than flails on chariots (IMO). Brain dump but hope that helps.

6 hours ago, LordDave said:

Pick slaves not chaos as your allegiance.  Run Ravagers so all slaves hero’s get a trait and you can summon in marauders to grab objectives.  Slaves in general and BM warband in particular needs Slaves hero’s to buff troops, plus BM warband needs 9 Khorne marked slaves units.  So drop the Juggerlord for Lord on Daemonic Mount.  Not sure allies can have artefacts so swap that out.  List is then legal.  But, without artefact Secrator is too slow so maybe rethink that.  Also, Some magic (and dispelling) might be good so maybe split 1 unit of knights into 2 then swap secrator and marauder horsemen for sorcerer Lord on manticore.  Also, blades are better than flails on chariots (IMO). Brain dump but hope that helps.

I love you! ... Thanks!! .... I'll go check the allies / artifacts thing, the spectator buff + magic defence is helpful if I can get it, azyr lets me don't .... But that means nowt 🤣

Really appreciate the help 😊

-Thermalrider cloak isn't legal for matched play anymore unless the GT allows it specifically.
-Your list is not Legal because you lack one unit in your Bloodmarcked Warband.

-Greatblade are better than flails on chariots
-Refrain from using the Lord on Juggernaut, unless you want to play juggernauts in battleline. He is bad for his price. You can replace him with Bloodstockers/chaos lord on foot.
-Ravager is only good if you have 4+ STD heroes that doesnt rely on their command ability, otherwise it is pointless. (basically when you play Ravager you want a lot of chaos sorcerer)
-The weapon option on the Knights is your personnal taste, I would advocate for the ensorcelled weapon, especially on big units as i find the ennemy has an easier time neutralising them with lances.

-Either runs your list in :
++Khorne, the Tithe table is the ultimate toolbox of the apocalypse. Go either Vanilla suballigeance, giving reroll charge WW12 as general trait and the banner of wrath to the bloodsecrator plus an extra crispy artifact. Or go The Flayed for a nice Command ability.
++STD Despoiler and find room for a Daemon Prince of Khorne, possibly the best of the 4.
++STD Idolators, make one of your chariots your general and go for either double prayer of Khorne or +2 attacks on the great Blade.
Your call, there is no perticular best.

Other option to consider about the Bloodmarcked Warband :
-It works at its best with Knights of the empty throne as your hero Varanguards are buffing themselfs for the second pile-in. But that is a completly different army.
-The bonus it offers is hard to trigger outside of Empty Throne so it just act as a 1-2 drop army provider. If you are not attached to the Mark of Khorne, any other warband is better as they allows you to include sorcerers which are bonkers in a STD army.
-Replacing the BMwarband with the Ruinbringer Warband is a very valid option as this is an enormous mortal wound generator.

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 1