The Painting Contract - May 2021

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for May 2021!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe@TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

☝️
this army is so awesome (idoneth) I was going to get one. However, my son did one better and said after the StD army is done , he’s buying one. Already has the battle tome. 
here’s what he delivered yesterday that will be my May goal. 
Also  found and old fastener and some bits and thru together this objective marker for fun 

img_1366.jpg

img_1367.jpg

Edited by Artobans Ghost
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

☝️
this army is so awesome (idoneth) I was going to get one. However, my son did one better and said after the StD army is done , he’s buying one. Already has the battle tome. 
here’s what he delivered yesterday that will be my May goal. 
Also  found and old fastener and some bits and thru together this objective marker for fun 

Yeah, I think Idoneth are the army that I'll always be my main one. I wish I could paint some aspects of their models better, but it's fine. 

I hope you and son enjoy painting and playing them! Definitely worth the effort it takes to make them shine!

• Thanks 1

I’ve finished the black dragon and the drakespawn chariot (will share photos in a near future). This month I will paint some executioners, shadow warriors and darkspears in any combination (and complete painting the quicksilver swords)

• LOVE IT! 1

Ok do Aliens the board game is completed. Am really pleased to have it done, so satisfying seeing a complete set together. It was fun to paint, I learnt about painting faces, yellow and the use of nuln oil gloss. I also learnt that for this scale of mini don’t fret about picking out every single detail.

I have now started the slaves direchasm warband. Making the leader Khorne marked to join my growing Khorne army. So far just done her face and hair 

3D77F033-BBC6-44A3-AC6E-86596C598866.jpeg

0C7F6AF1-7C97-4F96-853A-B926AEDAB4AF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Modest goals this month.

4 D&D monsters, 6 peasants, and the character for my Roll20 character. No need for a mini, but an excuse to do one.

Interesting things:

IMG_20210516_105814235.jpg.e9e78968e0b958dadfde0d0d9407a701.jpgIMG_20210516_105806124.jpg.ec522b81e995dd985ff2a8654bca20d5.jpg

Earth elemental medium form for a friend of mine (start of the sculpt)

IMG_20210516_110130269.jpg.721690a13804a5185c939b8cc3cadcad.jpgIMG_20210516_110116367.jpg.c8969698b0fc18fed4864a9fc189022f.jpg

My Roll20 artificer (mostly Skitarii ranger, but also a Bretonnian Bowman leg, an Escher sword and a head from what I believe is Greatswords) WIP.

• Like 4

On 5/16/2021 at 3:31 AM, Fellman said:

I will not be able to but this is my goal
2x6 glutons
4 iron guts
4 ledbelchers 
6 dogs

Keep in mind that you can always do a “basic goal” and a “stretch goal”.

I’ve often found that making unrealistic goals can lead to becoming unmotivated because stuff doesn’t get done.

If you get both done, great! If not keep at it next month. We’ll hold you a spot at the table.

• Like 1