New dwarf army soon? Mixed dwarfs

Doko

On 5/3/2021 at 8:19 AM, Beliman said:

I'm a bit mad about this. The last 4 white dwarf stories are about Fyreslayers, Ddispossessed, Ironweld and Kharadrons...

If that's true, that means that the pointy-ears can have 4 battletomes (Idoneth, Sylvaneth, Lumineth and DoK) but Dwarfs are going to be souped in one battletome.

Time to sign a new Rune of Mark...

Plus in Ghoulslayer we have Kharadron ships powered by Fyreslayer rune... So it's totally something that already exists in AoS. The only positive thing that I can think about - is Magmadroths with Aether powered cannons, Kharadron flamespiting ships powered by Fyreslayers runes, Troops that can use combination of Fyreslayers runes with buff for 1 battleround and Kharadron garrisoned ships with flyhight.

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 2

Oh im going to be  sooo mad if we get souped when none of them share similar lore or look alike. Oh but elves get like 4+ armies and no souping. I really hope its a new army or wave 2 for ko and fyre.

Edited by Barkanaut

Without knowing a lot about dwarves in general, I would think that if GW decides to combine any dwarf ranges, it would be Fyreslayers and an expaneded Dispossessed range, under the guise of a return of Grungni. Kharadron are already doing their own thing, they don't need to be part of this force. And Ironweld Arsenal has as much human stuff in it as hit has dwarf stuff.

Although I have no stake in this, I think a warclans/mawtribes book where the two factions are Fyreslayers and Dispossessed might work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Oh im going to be  sooo mad if we get souped when none of them share similar lore or look alike. Oh but elves get like 4+ armies and no souping. I really hope its a new army or wave 2 for ko and fyre.

I completely agree with you and as a Fyreslayer player this sucks. However, all I will say is that Elves in all there flavours are some of the most successful ranges GW do. Whereas Dwarfs are some of the least popular. So yeah I would expect elves to get special treatment while we are left out in the cold. As much as this sucks. I think KO will get an extended range as of all the dwarf factions they seem the most popular and I think will be well supported in the future. I hope I’m wrong and we get loads of stuff over the years just not holding my breath. 

• Like 4

I’m the lonely contrarian who wants Duardin soup! I’d like a tome similar to CoS where Grungni convinces Fyreslayers to assist Dispo in reclaiming their holds and you can run mixed FS/Dispo lists w/Grom and/or Gotrek as General. You can take 1/4 KO or Ironweld as support, leaving KO with their own tome and Ironweld w/Cities.

I’d even go for a Big Waaagh type deal with all Duardin units available and you can acquire Rune prayer points to spend.

I want to swarm the skies with Frigates & Gyros. I want Slayers on Magmadroths charging up the board with slow marching Hammerers in support. Any army wants to step to United Duardin, “let them come” and face all that, plus our artillery. Bring it on!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

You arent alone,i would love a soup tome also.

I have fyreslayers,disspo and citys and is great and fun have so many options in the city book.

I dont know how people prefer have separate tomes with so much less options than a soup

• Like 1

A rumor from 4chan just in saying 3e would focus more on second wave for existing armies. Fyre were mentioned. I hope they get a mild redesign to look slightly more armored I would totally collect them then alongside ko and even a new take on dissposessed. 4chan so take with large grain of salt.

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1

So seems dwarfs wont get nothing.

All this hype with grugnir and his new toys......and he coming only to bring new toys to stormcast.......

I cant believe it.

Every elf god came with a army or two if it is teclis.....but the dwarf god came with more stormcast.....great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

All this hype with grugnir and his new toys......and he coming only to bring new toys to stormcast.......

I cant believe it.

Every elf god came with a army or two if it is teclis.....but the dwarf god came with more stormcast.....great

Now I understand why the Kharadron don't bother worshipping him.

Well, that and him leaving his phone off the hook whilst Chaos was doing it's thing, but also this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Doko said:

I cant believe it.

At least now that Grungni is involved the Stormcast look good. At least, better.

Can't leave that to humans, turns out.

It does give hope to Disposessed, but the rest isn't really affected by it.

EDIT for a later idea I had, the old Stormcast somewhat look like upscaled dwarves by someone with a poor understanding of dwarves. As if Sigmar's ideal human is a bigger dwarf, but he can't draw beards so just shrinkwraps metal around a human head.

Grungni finally came to Sigmar for a copyright claim, and helps him make the golems look more like humans to fix that.

Edited by zilberfrid

15 hours ago, Doko said:

I cant believe it.

Erm, no? At no point did GW say that new Stormcast meant that Duardin wouldn’t be getting anything. From the beginning of the setting Grungni’s been helping develop new Stormy stuff, so it would make sense for that trend to continue. They made no mention of the Khazadur-something (that big thing he was working on under Chamon), so it means that that’s an entirely different (probably Duardin related) project. Heck, BR: Be’lakor went as far as to include Grombrindal/Grungni himself, and they aren’t gonna casually throw a plot thread like that away.

It’s the literal beginning of the new edition focused on Destruction, so of course they’re gonna hold their horses in introducing the Grungni army. That doesn’t mean it’s never coming. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Erm, no? At no point did GW say that new Stormcast meant that Duardin wouldn’t be getting anything. From the beginning of the setting Grungni’s been helping develop new Stormy stuff, so it would make sense for that trend to continue. They made no mention of the Khazadur-something (that big thing he was working on under Chamon), so it means that that’s an entirely different (probably Duardin related) project. Heck, BR: Be’lakor went as far as to include Grombrindal/Grungni himself, and they aren’t gonna casually throw a plot thread like that away.

It’s the literal beginning of the new edition focused on Destruction, so of course they’re gonna hold their horses in introducing the Grungni army. That doesn’t mean it’s never coming. 

Why does it make sense to Grungni to help Sigmar instead of his own people Again? Last time if I remember it correctly Grungni was helping him because he saves him and leaves Sigmar with 6 smiths when Relmgate wars start and exile himself for not helping his people(ha-ha!). One thing that really concerns me that this type of plot literally make Be'lakor plan almost useless and remove all drama...

On 5/7/2021 at 4:01 PM, Televiper11 said:

I’m the lonely contrarian who wants Duardin soup! I’d like a tome similar to CoS where Grungni convinces Fyreslayers to assist Dispo in reclaiming their holds and you can run mixed FS/Dispo lists w/Grom and/or Gotrek as General. You can take 1/4 KO or Ironweld as support, leaving KO with their own tome and Ironweld w/Cities.

I’d even go for a Big Waaagh type deal with all Duardin units available and you can acquire Rune prayer points to spend.

I want to swarm the skies with Frigates & Gyros. I want Slayers on Magmadroths charging up the board with slow marching Hammerers in support. Any army wants to step to United Duardin, “let them come” and face all that, plus our artillery. Bring it on!

You still can take 20% of any dwarfs in your main army as allies.

Edited by cofaxest

2 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

Why not both? 

Because I believe that this does not financially make any sense. FS and KO need 2nd wave and 2(or more if we will consider dispossessed and Ironwield arsenal) 2nd waves are a bit too much.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, Doko said:

I cant believe it.

Imho, It means that it's not our turn (yet). Btw I'm not sure what "you can't believe".

If it's SCE being part of the main starter set of 3.0, I think that was expected.

If it's Grungni working for SCE (again), then, come aboard our skyvessel and bring some beers!!!  we need to talk, lad!!

Edited by Beliman

On 5/11/2021 at 5:51 AM, Beliman said:

Imho, It means that it's not our turn (yet). Btw I'm not sure what "you can't believe".

If it's SCE being part of the main starter set of 3.0, I think that was expected.

If it's Grungni working for SCE (again), then, come aboard our skyvessel and bring some beers!!!  we need to talk, lad!!

I don't think it will be the dwarves turn for quite a while. The person helming the game now really likes elves. Like really really likes elves. 

I got bored of waiting for some release of fyreslayers or dispossesed,so i started a souobligth army that gonna keep me busy for a looooong time(pretty sure when i end the project in 1 year or more the dwarfs gonna be as now and nothing new)

Kyoushuneko miniatures has made nice Kharadron, Disposessed, Slayers, Chaos Dwares and even Squats, if you have access to a 3d printer. They even make good female dwarven sculpts across these ranges.

Haven't printed them yet, but they do seem to have a good level of detail and printable design.

If you want designs that are more characterful, Signum has interesting sculpts with things like battle badgers and helicopter backpacks.

Edited by zilberfrid