Gorebeast Chariot + Bloodstoker

Aspirant Snaeper

Question

So as a Gorebeast Chariot and Bloodstoker Lord myself, I was curious about their special rules interacting and wonder if it was possible like I had originally come to believe (thanks to 1d4chan). 

However, when reading the Gorebeast's charge rule, it seems to state that it activates on the dice roll and not the actual amount moved, the movement amount being what the Bloodstoker modifies. 

I was curious this was the correct interpretation. If so, bummer.

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

The movement is the dice roll. You roll for movement.

It says the result of the charge roll. So that's charge move plus modifiers.

Otherwise it would say if the dice result is 8 or more. Or like the goregruntas. if the distance is 8" Or more and the charge is successful"

I suspect it will be changed to match the gore gruntas wording once they redo slaves to darkness 

Ok so my original post was indicating any plus to a charge move, which I thought the bloodsecrator did, but I had my wires crossed.  In any case the charge move is in no way a regular move.  That is why some abilities explicitly add to the charge roll.

But the Bloodsecrator doesnt modify the dice roll, he modifies the movement. The Gorebeast's rule suggests that the dice roll needs to be 8 or above, not that he needs to move 8" or more. If it were the latter then I think it would work. 

The Bloodsecrator adds 3" to the movement, not 3 to the dice roll.

If theres something I missed please let me know. I want my Gorebeast to wreck people like a gorilla wrecks a mannequin warehouse.

Otherwise it would say if the dice result is 8 or more. Or like the goregruntas. if the distance is 8" Or more and the charge is successful"

I suspect it will be changed to match the gore gruntas wording once they redo slaves to darkness 

5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Totally disagree.  Something that adds to the Move characteristic plays no roll in the charge roll.

1 hour ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

So, until a higher power states otherwise, or a well stated clarification is made, we can agree that the Gorebeast and Bloodstoker are best buddies and partners in carnage?

Well, the Bloodstoker does indeed add 3" to charge rolls according to the App so they are best buddies regardless.

I think the core point that I was missing was that, as the Charge roll is both for activation and distance, and the Bloodstoker does indeed state that it's adding to the charge roll, the two should work together. If there was a roll to see if you charge, and then a separate roll for distance, it would be a different matter, but both actions happen in one roll. 

Sorry to bring this back up so late. 

Archived