Eternal Guard

I'm painting Eternal Guards now and I absolutely love how they look. I like to get some ideas on how to use them. They fight better when they haven't moved so I guess they are a defensive unit, but then so are the Phoenix Guard and they're probably a lot better at it. I feel if the Eternal Guards are being charged they die too fast for my liking before they can get their bonusses to work.

One idea I had would be to let them act as the Sisters of Avelorn's meat shield: have the Sisters shoot at the enemy and be like 'come and attack me, I dare you!' and when the enemy charges the Guards the Sisters' Loose Until the Last should soften the blow a bit, then in the next turn the Guards unleash Form Fortress of Boughs. But is that worth giving up the Sister's Quicksilver Shot?

Second idea would be to put them on the flank and rush toward a victory point somewhere away from where the fighting is the heaviest.

Any suggestions?

Eternal Guard should be getting their buffs on a turn in which they're charged, as Form Forest of Boughs and Forest of Boughs state "in the same turn". Your opponent's turn is a separate turn to your own! With that in mind, situations in which you lose the bonuses are functionally: 1) If you move (including retreats) in your movement, 2) if you charge in your turn, 3) if you make a pile in move in ANY turn.

• Like 1