State Troop Detachment

AsraiR

It's an interesting debate and I concur you can always agree the use of certain warscrolls, abilities, keyword adjustments with your apponants, as is the AOS way. But when it comes to matched play the keywords must be correct and relevant. For example I would not now use the Dreadlord on foot for pointed matched play - even though I own one - because his abilities relate to the now redundant keyword of Exiles. But I would use Lokhir Fellheart because his abilities relate to Black Ark Corsairs and Black Ark Fleetmasters which are still current keywords whose units are pointed. By the way I am converting that Dreadlord on foot to a another Fleetmaster ?

Ok verdict is in, the answer is yes you can:

Hi another question. The State Troop detachment has points in the GHB but there are no state troops any more. Can this be run with Freeguild units? Otherwise it seems fundamentally pointless, pardon the pun.

19:25

12321586_452140568316075_177954184007227
Yes, that's the intent. Run the new Warscrolls, with the Battalion bonus. Thanks, - Eddie

7 minutes ago, AsraiR said:

Ok verdict is in, the answer is yes you can:

Hi another question. The State Troop detachment has points in the GHB but there are no state troops any more. Can this be run with Freeguild units? Otherwise it seems fundamentally pointless, pardon the pun.

Yes, that's the intent. Run the new Warscrolls, with the Battalion bonus. Thanks, - Eddie

Tight, called it!

I wish I could give you a like but I'm all out for today so I'll have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

verdict is in, the answer is yes you can:

Right - so the message from GW is the Old Formations are useable with moderate fudging of the keywords to get the new Warscroll Keywords in.

Mark Wildman did this with the Moonclan Big Mob.

Archived