Gaming Accessories - What do you use?

Ben

I like to paint figures but my partner prefers to craft accessories--she has decorated several tape measures and crafted dice bags, and I use these with my Aelfs:

IMG_3361.jpg

And I have one accessory for home games that I don't always need....

AoS accessory.jpg

• 1 month later...

Tape Measure - Heavy duty tape measure from a home depo store 

Combat Gauge.  GW Combat Gauge

Scenery Dice.  Ben's dice

Dice Bag - Large Blood Red dice bag from Third Dice

Dice - Mixture of black and blue dice from GW

Wound Markers - d12's

Electronic Devices - iPhone, Google Pixel C tablet, and a portable charger 

A5 Notebook - to write down ideas and tactics throughout the game

Tokens - reused GW square bases with a metallic marker for all relevant in game buffs

A4 Folder - for all printed war scrolls (Plan B for electronic devices)

ComicBook! - an app that I use to create a comic book match review with fun photos

Carry Case - Large GW carry case with pluck foam for my Carmine Dragon and Balewind Vortex

My hobby bag (currently the 2016 Warhammer Fest one) contains:

Tape Measure- I think from B&M Bargains that  doesn't retract unless you press the button

Dice- Mix of white and black dice in the original GW plastic pack circa 2001 with extra dice "acquired" across my hobby career and glass counters to mark wounds.

Tokens- for mystic shield and the like

IPad Mini- for the AOS app

Generals Handbook-for all my matched play needs

Battletomes-because sometimes paper is best

Super Glue (enough said)

Tape measure: the Stormcast hunk of metal one (that my daughter got me for father's day). I love it, although I'm terrified I'm going to drop it in the middle of a unit one day and shatter them to bits!

Dice: an assortment of chessex red and gold ones, or a GW dice cube, although I might start using the Army Painter ones I won in a raffle last week. Also a couple of D12s for wound markers

Scenery dice: Ben's ones, obviously.

Tokens: I had a few of each of the main ones (mystic shield, various re-rolls and modifiers etc) made up by War Bases on clear acrylic. Really nice, and cheap with it. I use those little skull tokens from GW for wounds; I got them thrown in for free in an order I made, although they do tend to get lost in all the action.

Notebook: a small reporter's notebook, where I write down all the hero phase abilities and modifiers that I still manage to forget, even though they're written down in front of me!

Books: General's Handbook, plus either the Chaos grand alliance book or the Fyreslayers battletome depending on what army I'm playing, along with various printed out warscrolls if needed.

Tape Measure - Chinese ones...1€ ones

Combat Gauge.  I'm searching for alternatives to GW ones (ttoo expensive) 

Scenery Dice.  Normal dice with different colors.

Dice Bag - I have different dice boxes

Dice -I have so many dice that trademarks vanished from my memory

Dice Cup - I don't use une

Skull Beads - I don't have them

an 'i' device - Tablet Android, Smartphone Android, my widnwos pc with the various pdf...different sources to use in different situations

Man Bag. : A 10y old case that can keep hundreds of models and now nomore on production. I have also Feldherr but I use them for 40k and I don't find now comfortable to use them for my death army that is always ready to play^^

• 2 weeks later...

Tape Measure - The red one from GW

Combat Gauge - Contemplating to get one, or make one

Scenery Dice - Nope see tokens

Dice Bag - actually a box, see also Tokens

Dice - 2 dice cubes (currently red and greens) and 30 odd white dice, Magic the Gathering D20's (scenario counters or wound marker), the old scatter dice to point out turn sequence near the dice cube to tell what turn it is. (no dice = no turn yet, arrow on dice = current turn, hit marker = turn completed)

Wound Markers - d6 or the D20's

Electronic Devices - Android phone, just look up opponents warscrolls if needed

Notebooklet+pen - to write down stuff throughout the game, possibly for a battlereport

Tokens - made my own, just print outs (cut to size) and laminated them and again cut to size, also for Scenery markers, got a load of different ones: +1 Attack, -1 and +1 to hit/wound, +1 to save, -1 and +1 bravery, Reroll 1's to (whatever) and a few special abilities (like portal of skulls) and all stuck in compartments in a tupperware/curver type box.

Printouts - Printed all relevant warscrolls and battalion warscrolls for my army. 2 on 1 A4 and cut those out and per 2 (front and back side) laminated them. (sucks when a warscroll changes, looking at you Lord-Celestant on Dracoth..)

Carry Case - Is actually a plastic box with click on lid (2 click over the lid handles on the shorter sides). Added Rubber sheeting on the bottom so my magnetized bases will stick

Books - usually only the GHB

Archived