New Triumph and Treachery Cards for AOS, pdf

Jeff Egan

Hey TGA Community,

A few months ago, I posted up some new rules for Triumph and Treachery in the Age of Sigmar. Well, @StoneMonk liked them so much that he put his skills as a graphic designer to work and created an awesome PDF that you can print off and insert into card sleeves for your own games of T&T.  The results are really impressive. Eric, @StoneMonk, laid down some awesome artwork and helped to clean up the text of the rules. 

You guys can download them for yourselves from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5QqH8r4N3H_OUxKbnZRWjI1TTA/view

So, how do you use these cards to play T&T in AOS?

-There are three denominations of treasure: brass tokens (50), silver tokens (100), and gems (500)

-Players earn treasure by destroying enemy units in the shooting, combat, or battleshock phases. The player who slays the last model receives treasure tokens equal to the cost of the unit in victory points (rounded to the nearest fifty).

-All players start the game with two brass tokens, two treachery cards, and one randomly dealt (and secret) magic item

-During every hero phase, all players roll a D6. On a 4+, they earn a treachery card

-At the start of every round after the first, the player with the smallest pay chest (least amount of treasure tokens) receives 3 treachery cards, the player with the biggest pay chest receives 1, and all other players receive 2

-Maximum treachery card hand size is 5

-The player with the largest pay chest at the end of the game wins.

I hope you guys like the new cards. I want to give a thank you to the AOS community at large for giving feedback and inspiration, and a huge thank you to @StoneMonk for picking up the torch and running with it. His effort brought this project from a cool idea to a tangible reality. Enjoy!

Fantastic! I loved 8e T&T and was sad the cards don't all work for AoS. I just printed out all the cards and used sticky tac to put the matching ones on the old cards where necessary (some, like Masterstroke, work as is).

You have a typo on the casket of souls one. The name of the person is different than the name of the card.

There were a handful that didn't match up but I find ones that more or less match (like gas bomb = fog of war).

I think I'll try to use the old T&T rules as much as possible such as selecting an enemy in each phase. I won't be able to push neutral units apart but otherwise I think it still should work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

It looks like the GHB2 incorporated your preference, @Oppenheimer

The re-vamped Triumph and Treachery looks really good. I am eager to give it a go with these cards. Most of my house rules (listed above) are no longer necessary. Game on!

PS: @BostianIs using these cards at Nova this weekend. I'd love to hear some feedback if anyone on this forum attends his T&T events. 

On 30/08/2017 at 8:37 AM, Jeff Egan said:

It looks like the GHB2 incorporated your preference, @Oppenheimer

The re-vamped Triumph and Treachery looks really good. I am eager to give it a go with these cards. Most of my house rules (listed above) are no longer necessary. Game on!

PS: @BostianIs using these cards at Nova this weekend. I'd love to hear some feedback if anyone on this forum attends his T&T events. 

You weren't kidding! They made the game exactly as I had mashed it up including even mentioning using coins. The only difference is that you get points towards Treachery instead of drawing cards and the initiative is not a draw but as roll. There's pretty much no reason to use the old hack at all anymore. Great stuff!

Archived