Jump to content

what about the bladelords


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

There is always the possibility that they will teleport out after combat, but that is not necessarily a weakness. 

Oh, its certainly not a weakness.   It would just throw a spanner in the works for coherency.  in many cases you’d be able to charge back in no bother.  
 

At  only 17%  chance of occurring this  is a rule that the Lumineth player should remember but not plan for.   However, opponents would be wise to shore up any wholes in their back lines just in case

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Having tried the Twins with 5 Bladelords, do you think there is value in increasing them to a unit of 10.  I feel that with 10, you can have more tactical choices than holding an objective, that it could allow you to take on larger parts of your opponent's forces.  It would be good to hear from somebody who has some practical experience of using them. 

Was 5 a bit limiting or is 10 a bit overkill and the points better invested elsewhere?

This is the list I will try as my main list. I really had so much fun with the Loreseeker and the Twins: 

Zaitrec

Leaders: 

Ellania & Elathor (260)
Scinari Loreseeker (160) 
Scinari Cathallar (140)
Scinari Calligrave (100) 
Vanari Lord Regent (150)

Battleline 

20 X Vanari Warden (240) 
10 x Vanari Warden (120)

10 x Vanari Bladelords (240) 
5 x Vanari Bladelords (120) 

20 X Vanari Sentinels (280)
5 x Vanari Dawnrider (130)

Endless Spells

Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Sanctum of Anymtok (30)

2,000

That probably answers your question : ) 

For pure competitive reason though, I’d stick to 5. It likely also depends on what you face, and how the rest of your army works. For the most part I had Protection of Hysh up. And the Bladelords are Vanari, so -1 to hit if you want. Plus the aetherquartz. Not super tanky, but it’ll take a while to chew through that for some opponents. 

But it really also depends on your local meta. If you opponents have many good targets for your Bladelords, they have 2” reach, you can probably make 10 work. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about the interaction between the Sanctum of Anymtok and the Guardian ability this morning.

The Sigil of Yngra states, "Subtract 1 from hit rolls and add 1 to save rolls for attacks that target this model......."

Guardians states, "Roll a dice before you allocate a wound or mortal wound to a friendly Scinari model within 3" of any friendly units with this ability. On a 2+, you must allocate that wound or mortal wound to a friendly unit with this ability within 3' of that model, instead of to that model.

My understanding is that the target of an attack whose wound or mortal wound which is allocated to a model with Guardian rather than the target of the attack remains the same. Essentially, an attack targeting E&E within the Sanctum which deals a wound or mortal wound which is then allocated to a model with Guardian would still be under the effects of the Sanctum's +1 to the save roll, since the target of the attack was never shifted to the Guardian. Is this correct? Was this the intention all along?

Naturally, you can't use the guardian's aethyrquartz since they were never the target of the attack, either. Still, I'd take the 3+.

Edited by Pyrescribe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pyrescribe said:

I was just thinking about the interaction between the Sanctum of Anymtok and the Guardian ability this morning.

The Sigil of Yngra states, "Subtract 1 from hit rolls and add 1 to save rolls for attacks that target this model......."

Guardians states, "Roll a dice before you allocate a wound or mortal wound to a friendly Scinari model within 3" of any friendly units with this ability. On a 2+, you must allocate that wound or mortal wound to a friendly unit with this ability within 3' of that model, instead of to that model.

My understanding is that the target of an attack whose wound or mortal wound which is allocated to a model with Guardian rather than the target of the attack remains the same. Essentially, an attack targeting E&E within the Sanctum which deals a wound or mortal wound which is then allocated to a model with Guardian would still be under the effects of the Sanctum's +1 to the save roll, since the target of the attack was never shifted to the Guardian. Is this correct? Was this the intention all along?

Naturally, you can't use the guardian's aethyrquartz since they were never the target of the attack, either. Still, I'd take the 3+.

unless I am missing something, I'd say it's irrelevant cause you don't get a save against a wound which is allocated by the bodyguard ability (if you have it, you get a FNP but that's not a save so it doesn't get the bonus anyway)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Pyrescribe said:

Oh ******, wounds are allocated after saves? What about instances where there are units with mixed armaments/armor saves?

yes, wound allocation happens after the saves have taken place (but before FNPs) (p. 7 of the base rules has the sequence). The player controlling the units which is suffering the wounds decides the allocation -so if there's a specific model with a FNP you can start allocating them to this model until its dead. In case of mixed armaments you can also decide which models remove first and keep, for instance, your special weapons alive for longer. I can't think of an example of a unit with mixed saves however, do you have a specific example in mind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

I can't think of an example of a unit with mixed saves however, do you have a specific example in mind?

I was thinking of 'ard boys with orruk shields, but I forgot that was just another FNP save. Ah well, sorry for wasting thread space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Pyrescribe said:

I was thinking of 'ard boys with orruk shields, but I forgot that was just another FNP save. Ah well, sorry for wasting thread space.

no problem at all, there's a lot of overlapping rules at play!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...