AoS 2 - Settler's Gain (Broken Realms: Teclis) Discussion

Double Misfire

The more I think of it, the more I'm certain that this city *needs* to rely on Lumineth to offer something worthwhile. Either units (although something not relying on Lumineth allegiance must be found) or characters for some otherwise unique skills.

Mountain spirits seem like a good option, being plain better than our native monsters. Dawnriders work quite well on their own and they're plain better than our own cavalry,  Teclis is always worth considering, it's only a matter of choosing *which* endless spells we need to autosucceed...

But apart from that, as others said, although nothing the city offers is plain bad, most of the things it does are better done elsewhere. So, i'd say either you find a good use for Lumineth or this isn't a city for you.

There's also a matter of battalion. I *want* to like it. Its skills are really good - buffed luminark is a pretty incredible unit. But it's just so horribly expensive... I mean, not only it's expensive on its own, the tax of taking a light mage and mage-less luminark separately is insane, and it's not something anyone should consider doing in regular circumstances. If it turns out it's worth the points, cool. It's a good battalion consisting of only good units. But the pricetag is very harsh.

Additional thought, comparing the city to our other 1-in-4 options, Settler's Gain is pretty unique in the regard of 'can have units from another army' being its main selling point.

Tempest's Eye works perfectly well without KO (and rarely uses more than some light support), Living City works great with native units and stormcast only, with Sylvaneth being pretty optional, even in Har Kuron, with its extremely limited unit choice, thanks to the spell lore, artifacts, battalion and prayer, DoK are absolutely not needed to make something useful out of it (a single DoK priestess to not waste your command trait on casting prayer is a reasonable minimum, but even this is not mandatory).

• Like 1

I made a list implementing the ideas of @Frowny, @dekay and @Lightbox.

---

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Settler's Gain

Leaders
Assassin (80)
- General
- Command Trait: Raging Outburst
- Artefact:
Syari Trueblade
Arcobalde Lazerne (Battlemage) (110)
- Lore Spell: Drain Magic
- City Role: General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Artefact: Silver-Plated Wand
- Lore Spell: Illuminate

Battleline
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

Units
30 x Freeguild Greatswords (360)
5 x Freeguild Pistoliers (100)
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)

Behemoths
Luminark of Hysh (210)

Battalions
Xintil War-Magi (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

---

Like my last list, the idea of this list is to run in two teams: The Battlemage, Luminark and Greatswords in Team 1 and the Hurricanum and Pistoliers in Team 2.

Team 1 is pretty fearsome both offensively and defensively. Greatswords get mortal wounds in additon on 6s to hit and are an absolute blender even without offensive buffs. With the Luminark they are sitting at a 5+ FNP and the Battlemage gives them -1 to be hit with Pha's Protection, so they are close to Phoenix Guard levels of durable in this list.

Team 2 is a more mobile hammer. The Hurricanum significantly buffs the Pistolier's damage output and deals a significant number of mortal wounds on it's own between it's warscoll spells and the Storm of Shemtek.

The lists has two other things going for it: Lots of deep striking and targeted mortal wounds.

The Assassin general does two thing: Unlock Shadow Warrior battleline and make use of the Raging Outburst command trait and extra artefact. He hits on 2+/2+ rerolling 1s. The Shadow Warriors chaff and capture points as needed.

For Lumineth units, this list only runs a unit of 20 Sentinels. These pretty reliably take out a 5 wound hero turn 1 with their mortal wounds. Between this, the Luminark laser and the Assassin, your opponent will have to think carefully about the positioning of their support heroes.

---

Some decisions points:

I decided to stick in the Xintil War-Magi battalion even though it's questionable. I did this for two reasons: One, a 5+ FNP is more than twice as good as a 6+ FNP. 5+ is a nearly three times as large increase in effective wounds per model compared to 6+.  It really makes a big difference if you are going for durability. Two, you can take double buff wagons without a battalion in any city, and this list is supposed to try to make use of the distinguishing features of Settler's Gain.

I chose not to run a Lumineth hero in this list. This is because the battleshock immunity bubble command ability only becomes better than Inspiring Presence if you have several Freeguild units close to each other that you hope will all benefit from it. In this list, only the Greatswords really need battleshock immunity, and they can get it from the Battlemage.

Finally, I took a unit of Sentinels as the "artillery" component of this list. But I think taking two Starshard Ballistae is actually a valid choice, too! They are a lot cheaper (100 points per unit) and add some more defensive synergy with their once-a-game -1 to hit shot. Between these, the Luminark and the Assassin, you should still be able to take down support heroes no problem.

If you take the Ballistae and forgo the battalion you actually free up a lot of points, leaving your with 210 points left to spare (EDIT: It's actually even more than that., 280 (!) if you take a Battlemage on Luminark instead of both separately). That is enough to get several nice toys, like a Loreseeker, Knight-Azyros or a few endless spells (although we all know the only real choice is a Steam Tank). Plus, it's a little more "fair". Everyone hates playing against Sentinels, so for a casual list, maybe that's enough reason alone to go with Ballistae.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

It’s funny I’ve been using a similar basis of ideas to build my Settler’s lists.  with the Assassin and some Shadow Warriors.  I’ve still been using free guild to unlock battle line so I really like your approach with this.

So far I’ve been pretty hell bent on Eltharion and 10 Dawnriders as counter charge elements which I thought this army lacks.  More and more I’m coming around to patching in a big squad of sentinels but it’s starting to feel a little lame.

Are Vanari units capable of taking a settler’s spell because they have the Cities of Sigmar keyword?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Andalf said:

It’s funny I’ve been using a similar basis of ideas to build my Settler’s lists.  with the Assassin and some Shadow Warriors.  I’ve still been using free guild to unlock battle line so I really like your approach with this.

So far I’ve been pretty hell bent on Eltharion and 10 Dawnriders as counter charge elements which I thought this army lacks.  More and more I’m coming around to patching in a big squad of sentinels but it’s starting to feel a little lame.

Are Vanari units capable of taking a settler’s spell because they have the Cities of Sigmar keyword?

I actually found it kinda hard not to cover all the battleline with Freeguild chaff units. I'm always so tempted to throw in a few 10 man units of Handgunners in there for chaff because of their overwatch ability.

I am actually not sure if Vanari get lore spells. I don't have the book, I am still only going off of previews. I think the spells might be locked to Collegiate Arcane. Unsure, though.

Personally, I am liking the option of bringing two or three Ballistas instead of the Sentinels more and more. If you bring two Starshard Ballistas, don't take the battalion and go for a Luminark with Battlemage instead, you free up enough points to bring a Loreseeker along and still have 120 points left over. The Loreseeker would be especially good in this list, too, because you can support him with a unit of Shadow Warriors. You can then spend the leftover points on a Knight-Azyros (reroll 1s to hit is good in this list and he has another mortal wound bomb ability), a command point, endless spells (Lifeswarm, Purple Sun) or just some more bodies. They are all good options in this list.

Here's a revised version of the previous list:

- City: Settler's Gain
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Assassin (80)
- General
- Command Trait: Raging Outburst
- Artefact: Syari Trueblade
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Artefact: Silver-Plated Wand
- Lore Spell: Illuminate
Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage (270)
- Lore Spell: Drain Magic or Illuminate
Scinari Loreseeker (160)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- City Role: General's Adjutant

Battleline
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)

Units
30 x Freeguild Greatswords (360)

Artillery
Vanari Starshard Ballista (100)
Vanari Starshard Ballista (100)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

---

I find this list properly exciting. Everything synergizes really well and there are a few cool tricks.

New to this list are the Starshard Ballistas, the Knight-Azyros and the Loreseeker.

The Loreseeker has the ability to deep strike into enemy territory before turn 1 and can secure any objectives it deepstrikes next to, regardless of the number of enemy models nearby. Usually, this is a fairly temporary deal, since there is a good chance your opponent can just kill him pretty early. However, in this list, you have the option to either support him with a few shadow warriors or use them to threaten other out of the way objectives. Since a lot of this list's damage is long range, that can also contribute to his survivablity: No matter how out of the way the Loreseeker is, there is a good chance you can still attack units that threaten him with your Luminark, Ballistas and other shooting attacks.

The Ballistas are pretty cool, too. Point for point, they are about the same damage as Sentinels (although they don't ignore line of sight and are susceptible to to-hit penalties). They have a once-per-game -1 to hit attack, which synergizes with all the other defense buffs and to-hit debuffs in this list. Chances are, this unit will hit on 2s for most of the game. They can get +1 to hit from the Illuminate spell, Hurricanum bubble or if the Loreseeker is within 24" of them. I put a unit of Handgunners in here instead of one unit of Shadow Warriors, because they will want a chaff screen and some bodies for the objective they will be sitting on most of the game.

Chances are, most of this list will  hit on 2s for most of the game, actually. That makes the Knight Azyros a particularly good choice, since he gives reroll 1s to hit against any units within 10" of him. With his 12" flying move, that should be pretty much whatever you need.

Personally, I think this list slaps and it's something that can only be done in Settler's Gain. I might build this one if I can find the motivation to paint all those fiddly foot units.

• Like 1

those are sneeky lists for sure:) 

However i tried the obvious list with teclis+ spellportal

since I did not find settlers gain in warscrollbuilder i couldnt give the units its artefacts

freeguild general was general with plus 2 attacks ( is that even possible or is it only for collegiate arcane?) 

and hurricanum had the chamon artefact

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
Freeguild General (100)
- General

Battleline
30 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (300)
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Halberds
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
30 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (300)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

I played against seraphon with 80 saurus warriors in battallion, 2 oldbloods, slann and skink chief on stegadon.

The game went really good for me, i had first turn in round 1 and 2 and in round two my 120 shots on 2+ reroll 1 and 2+ killed with battleshock 70 warriors. In  the mean time teclis two heroe phases + hurricanum attack were enough to kill his slann and 1 hero. I feel that the magical protection, that teclis offers allows me to play units that are otherwise to vulnerable to magic mortal wound spam as geminids etc. however this list has absolutely no mobility except azyros and teclis which both prefer to not be in melee with all those heavy hitting monsters running around. except the lack in objective scoring units, I really like the list.

Possibly it plays more like hold own objectives and shoot everything from the table

1 hour ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

freeguild general was general with plus 2 attacks ( is that even possible or is it only for collegiate arcane?) 

small points here but you can't take the artifact from chamon (as the city mut be from Hysh, so you can only take the rr1s to hit artifact) and, in the absence of an FAQ, the general can't take that artifact either -the city's artifacts are only for collegiate arcane heroes.

As for the list, maybe a soulscream bridge might be useful to add mobility to your castle? in case, it might be worth sacrificing the azyros to test it

3 hours ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

those are sneeky lists for sure:) 

However i tried the obvious list with teclis+ spellportal

since I did not find settlers gain in warscrollbuilder i couldnt give the units its artefacts

The reason I have not yet looked super closely at Teclis builds is that I'm not completely sure yet what spells he actually gets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he just gets his warscroll spells and maybe one spell from the spell lore, right?

If that is the case, what are you actually casting through the spell portal? Just Searing White Light?

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

small points here but you can't take the artifact from chamon (as the city mut be from Hysh, so you can only take the rr1s to hit artifact) and, in the absence of an FAQ, the general can't take that artifact either -the city's artifacts are only for collegiate arcane heroes.

As for the list, maybe a soulscream bridge might be useful to add mobility to your castle? in case, it might be worth sacrificing the azyros to test it

Although 830 points for one model is quite muchi really like it since it also forces your opponent to go first if they dont want to get hit by 83 liitle arrows

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The reason I have not yet looked super closely at Teclis builds is that I'm not completely sure yet what spells he actually gets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he just gets his warscroll spells and maybe one spell from the spell lore, right?

If that is the case, what are you actually casting through the spell portal? Just Searing White Light?

Doesn't spellportal anyway only allows you to cast one spell through it? In both of my games i did not cast other spells with teclis than his warscrollspells. Hurricanum with plus 2 can cast portal more than 30" away in furst turn and teclis (who is in 30"for the case opponent wants to go first) casts his 2 spells with 12 since they are soooo important that i really want to have them because even no buff bans can sometimes roll a 11+

Edited by SchleuderMann2
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I think this list slaps and it's something that can only be done in Settler's Gain. I might build this one if I can find the motivation to paint all those fiddly foot units

Very cool list. Only thing I'm not convinced on is the regular luminark and the units of only 5 pistoliers. Outside hallowheart or settlers gain battalion I'm not sure it's worth it for the 270 points.

For the same cost you could have:

a hysh battlemage (same protection spell)

5 more pistoliers (giving one of the unit actual punch and wounds)

geminids (mitigate some of the luminark mortal wound loss and adds debuff flexibility, loreseeker can deepstrike and cast this empowered right in the centre of the enemy)

15 hours ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

Doesn't spellportal anyway only allows you to cast one spell through it? In both of my games i did not cast other spells with teclis than his warscrollspells. Hurricanum with plus 2 can cast portal more than 30" away in furst turn and teclis (who is in 30"for the case opponent wants to go first) casts his 2 spells with 12 since they are soooo important that i really want to have them because even no buff bans can sometimes roll a 11+

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not saying a guaranteed Searing White Light through a spell portal is not good, I was just wondering if there was another interaction I was missing :)

2 hours ago, Leemer said:

Very cool list. Only thing I'm not convinced on is the regular luminark and the units of only 5 pistoliers. Outside hallowheart or settlers gain battalion I'm not sure it's worth it for the 270 points.

For the same cost you could have:

a hysh battlemage (same protection spell)

5 more pistoliers (giving one of the unit actual punch and wounds)

geminids (mitigate some of the luminark mortal wound loss and adds debuff flexibility, loreseeker can deepstrike and cast this empowered right in the centre of the enemy)

To be honest, part of the reason I was building double buff wagon lists is just that I have ordered the Xintil War-Magi box and am trying to make it work :)

But beyond that, I'd say the decision between the Luminark and stand alone Battlemage can really go either way.. I feel the Luminark is less universally good than the Hurricanum, but it's still quite solid. The 6+ FnP bubble is nice and hard to come by otherwise and you can probably hit at least two units with the laser most of the time. There is also the +1 to unbind, which is situational but OK. I think a lot of the value comes from the better save, wounds and movement compared to the battlemage.

The question whether having just the mage and 5 more Pistoliers or 5 Outriders would be better is really not that easy to answer without playtesting. I think the 6+ FNP contributes significantly to making the Greatswords more tanky. I'd probably throw out the Azyros first, to be honest. As for the damage of the 10 Pistoliers, I think it's solid when buffed and in conjunction with the Hurricanum. This list has a lot of ranged threats, too, so it'd actually fairly possible that those can contribute some extra damage if necessary.

But, as I said, I'd have to actually play the list to really make up my mind on this matter.

• Like 1

Here are my current basics, all units minimum size unless stated...

Leaders

Freeguild General (general, lol, will get a magic sword and Raging Outburst)

Knight Questor (adjutant / chief bodyguard)

Battlemage on Lumi

Back up Battlemage

Loreseeker

Battleline

FG Greatswords, Honoured Retinue

FG Crossbows

FG Handgunners

Demigryph Knights

Others

Shadow Warriors

10 Bladelords

DoK allies

5 Doomfires x 2

Shadowstalkers

Extra command point

I'm intrigued by the strengths of this subfaction and in particular how it can leverage the new Loreseeker/Bladelord interaction. (Loreseeker holds objectives regardless of enemy presence, Bladelords catch wounds he'd suffer on 2+)

Here's my first thoughts:

Leaders:

Hurricanum: Illuminate. Silver.Wand

Hurricanum: Shield of Light. Heart Stone.

Loreseeker.

Runelord: General. Strategic Mastermind

Battleline:

30 Ironbreakers.

15 Bladelords

20 Irondrakes

Endless Spells:

Soulscream Bridge

Lauchon the Soulseeker

Emerald Lifeswarm.

It's definitely probable I'm trying to do too many things here but it seems interesting if nothing else. Bladelords are fantastic targets for the empowered Lifeswarm and can be boated over to the Loreseeker.

The Wizards being +3 to cast near each other with 20 1+ to hit Irondrakes and two laser carts teleporting around seems good.

I feel like it poses some interesting problems for the enemy as with it's mobility it can start very far back. If they take top of one to kill the Loreseeker they open themselves up to the potential double turn of shooty doom.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Here are my current basics, all units minimum size unless stated...

Leaders

Freeguild General (general, lol, will get a magic sword and Raging Outburst)

Knight Questor (adjutant / chief bodyguard)

Battlemage on Lumi

Back up Battlemage

Loreseeker

Battleline

FG Greatswords, Honoured Retinue

FG Crossbows

FG Handgunners

Demigryph Knights

Others

Shadow Warriors

10 Bladelords

DoK allies

5 Doomfires x 2

Shadowstalkers

Extra command point

The reroll 1s to hit Hysh sword (at least I'm guessing that's the magic sword he's getting as he can't take any Settler's Gain artefacts) on a Freeguild General with Raging Outburst hidden behind bodyguard saves looks like a really good combo.

Are you taking an Errant-Questor using the warscroll from the Warhammer World only box, or a regular Knight Questor? The Errant-Questor gives an extra bodyguard save, so guessing him. 👍

12 hours ago, Eldarain said:

I'm intrigued by the strengths of this subfaction and in particular how it can leverage the new Loreseeker/Bladelord interaction. (Loreseeker holds objectives regardless of enemy presence, Bladelords catch wounds he'd suffer on 2+)

Here's my first thoughts:

Leaders:

Hurricanum: Illuminate. Silver.Wand

Hurricanum: Shield of Light. Heart Stone.

Loreseeker.

Runelord: General. Strategic Mastermind

Battleline:

30 Ironbreakers.

15 Bladelords

20 Irondrakes

Endless Spells:

Soulscream Bridge

Lauchon the Soulseeker

Emerald Lifeswarm.

It's definitely probable I'm trying to do too many things here but it seems interesting if nothing else. Bladelords are fantastic targets for the empowered Lifeswarm and can be boated over to the Loreseeker.

The Wizards being +3 to cast near each other with 20 1+ to hit Irondrakes and two laser carts teleporting around seems good.

I feel like it poses some interesting problems for the enemy as with it's mobility it can start very far back. If they take top of one to kill the Loreseeker they open themselves up to the potential double turn of shooty doom.

The Loreseeker's objective shenanigans sure look like they have potential, but remember he can only hold onto the objective he starts the game next to regardless of enemy numbers.

The rules for the Hurricanum pretty clearly state that you can't stack +1 to hit and +1 to cast buffs from multiple Hurricanums. :( 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

The reroll 1s to hit Hysh sword (at least I'm guessing that's the magic sword he's getting as he can't take any Settler's Gain artefacts) on a Freeguild General with Raging Outburst hidden behind bodyguard saves looks like a really good combo.

Between 4 and 5 damage per activation against 4+ saves for those curious. If you can get him into combat that's definitely noticable. Still, I kinda wish we could just give him the +2 attacks artefact instead.

Worth noting, though: If you put Raging Outburst on a foot hero, you can mitigate the -1 to saves by giving him a Honoured Retinue. I had not realized this before, but I think it's pretty neat.

14 hours ago, Eldarain said:

That's a cool list! I really appreciate the theme of the Loreseeker/Bladelord combo.

I wonder, though, if making the Lorseeker your general and using Phoenix Guard as a Honoured Retinue would be more efficient points-wise. Although the bodyguard ability would be a good bit worse (2+ vs. 4+).

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Between 4 and 5 damage per activation against 4+ saves for those curious. If you can get him into combat that's definitely noticable. Still, I kinda wish we could just give him the +2 attacks artefact instead.

+2 attacks on a Hurricanum mounted wizard's staff isn't gonna be teeeerrrrible for x3 3+/3+/-1/D3, but yeah totally agree that Settler's Gain artefacts should be for Collegiate and Freeguild. :( 

• Like 1

Just now, Double Misfire said:

+2 attacks on a Hurricanum mounted wizard's staff isn't gonna be teeeerrrrible for x3 3+/3+/-1/D3, but yeah totally agree that Settler's Gain artefacts should be for Collegiate and Freeguild. :( 

I have been thinking about putting it on the Battlemage on Griffon. I'm not sure it's workable, though. The Mage on Griffon gets Wildshape (+2 to run and charge) on his warscroll, so that's pretty good. I could potentially see him running up the board with some support troops and smashing into things. But his save is just too bad to be usable, I think (5+).

If Raging Outburst applied to the Griffon's attacks, I'd do it for the meme, though.

55 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Are you taking an Errant-Questor using the warscroll from the Warhammer World only box, or a regular Knight Questor? The Errant-Questor gives an extra bodyguard save, so guessing him. 👍

The Syari one yeah. But why can’t he take SG artefacts? How does that work again, are they only for SG Lumineth? (Edit: just for collegiate?)

Excellent thinking on the Errant Questor. I will dump that extra command point to upgrade him. His model is actually the Mordheim Ogre bodyguard fiddled about with to look parodically chivalric :)

Edited by Lord of the Isle
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

The Syari one yeah. But why can’t he take SG artefacts? How does that work again, are they only for SG Lumineth? (Edit: just for collegiate?)

Excellent thinking on the Errant Questor. I will dump that extra command point to upgrade him. His model is actually the Mordheim Ogre bodyguard fiddled about with to look parodically chivalric :)

The Settler's Gain artefacts list has a preface saying they can only be taken by SG Collegiate Arcane heroes. Quite why you'd have to ask the author 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Double Misfire

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

The Settler's Gain artefacts list has a preface saying they can only be taken by SG Collegiate Arcane heroes. Quite why you'd have to ask the author 🤷‍♂️

Pity yeah. I *love* the knock off second rate items & spells theme that I think was mentioned above, so funny, and oddly the fantasy retro blades of leaping gold / bronze suit it perfectly!

edit: anyone up for Cathallar wielding leaping gold and battlemage wielding leaping bronze combo of hilarity?!

Edited by Lord of the Isle
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

anyone up for Cathallar wielding leaping gold and battlemage wielding leaping bronze combo of hilarity?!

Can you get both in one list somehow?

In any case, while you don't usually want your mages in combat, I think the option of giving them extra attack items is actually fairly decent. The typical wizard bonk is pretty good, the only problem is that most wizards only get one. I think most wizards get 3+/3+/-1/d3 profiles, right?

Anyway, as someone who once bonked a Steam Tank to death with a Necromancer, I fully support melee wizard builds.

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Thanks for the feedback. I clearly haven't been playing as much as I have forgotten some rather large parts of the rules.

Has anyone made any interesting lists with Teclis? It seems like you are paying an awful lot for a model that loses a ton of innate power by leaving his native allegiance (part of my annoyance with so much power being outside the points system but I digress)

I made my own so would be keen to find a use for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Thanks for the feedback. I clearly haven't been playing as much as I have forgotten some rather large parts of the rules.

Has anyone made any interesting lists with Teclis? It seems like you are paying an awful lot for a model that loses a ton of innate power by leaving his native allegiance (part of my annoyance with so much power being outside the points system but I digress)

I made my own so would be keen to find a use for him.

I think you can definitely run Teclis in Settler's Gain to good effect. He still gets his 5+ FNP bubble and Searing White Light spells on his warscroll, so that's good. He also gains the option to cast empowered endless spells in CoS, which is huge. The most obvious application of that is casting a guaranteed Soulscream Bridge for mobility, but there are a lot of good options.

• Like 1