AoS 2 - Settler's Gain (Broken Realms: Teclis) Discussion

Double Misfire

On 10/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, Lord of the Isle said:

Something amuses me about the lone Scourgerunner chariot’s crew snarking at all the shiny aelves :)

Are SG artefacts still maddeningly just for Collegiate not the general?

Well, you can always give the freeguild general the universal Arcane Tome or Amulet of Destiny, so IMO it's not a huge problem anymore. 

• 2 months later...

I'm torn on using the settlers gain city for Dawnriders, at only 15 more points then drakespawn knights, they seem so much better. 

Though I just cant figure out the best way to keep a battlemage alive, especially now that the amulet was nerfed for low wound models as well. I also feel like the command traits just dont fit a battlemage anyways, to help keep them alive I feel like you kind of have to have them as your general for the bodyguard ability. 

What are some of the things yall have tried?

On 1/15/2022 at 1:57 AM, TheGrimKnight said:

Though I just cant figure out the best way to keep a battlemage alive, especially now that the amulet was nerfed for low wound models as well. I also feel like the command traits just dont fit a battlemage anyways, to help keep them alive I feel like you kind of have to have them as your general for the bodyguard ability. 

I think none of the command traits in Settler's Gain are good enough to really care about, honestly. Which to me makes it perfectly justifiable to make a Battlemage your general just for the bodyguard. I suppose Stone-Spirit Armour is there as an artefact if you really want it, but it's not super good.

I guess the other option is to run a Hurricanum or Luminark instead. Obviously that only works if you want a celestial or light mage, though. But they are just Battlemage mounts for all intents and purposes.