What is your biggest problem in the hobby?

carlund

1 minute ago, carlund said:

Well to be fair the game is not only about your enjoyment. Try to look at it from your opponents perspective, if you came to the table with an army you put effort into you want to see the same from your opponent.

I get that you don't like that part of the hobby and that's fine, I'm just saying that if you do paint your models it will make it a better game for your opponent which in turn should effect you positively as well.

I appreciate that and recently I've actually started enjoying painting.

I suppose 14 years of people commenting on no painting hasn't grinded on me... and made me start painting!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2016 at 11:24 AM, Durant said:
On 8/31/2016 at 9:51 AM, carlund said:

I am having my first child in January. I am already trying to figure out how to work out the hobby situation with a newborn. 

Maybe a playpen fence around my painting station? Like that prison fence in the walking dead :)

Me too, My plan is to learn how to paint will movieng a stroler with my leg ;) 

Me three!

I am also invested in computer gaming (World of Warcraft) as well, so juggling two time consuming hobbies, a job, and newborn at the same time should be interesting.

Plan is to have my main army fully painted by the time sprog arrives. Then whatever spare change I have left over after spending it on prams and nappies will go towards a mini project.

Exciting times though

21 hours ago, carlund said:

Well to be fair the game is not only about your enjoyment. Try to look at it from your opponents perspective, if you came to the table with an army you put effort into you want to see the same from your opponent.

I get that you don't like that part of the hobby and that's fine, I'm just saying that if you do paint your models it will make it a better game for your opponent which in turn should effect you positively as well.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think that just turns the game into something for people with lots of time/money. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:15 AM, Dracothjay said:

Just wondering everyone's views on Knight Venator?

Does he have a place in a 2K list? Is he worth taking at all? Who likes him and who doesn't? 

6 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Learning to paint passably well takes a lot less time.  It just takes interest and willingness.

Good Point.  I go for passable, although I don't do anything to my bases. 

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Learning to paint passably well takes a lot less time.  It just takes interest and willingness.

Very true.  

However, my hobby ADD means that I paint a lot for stretches and then not at all for stretches.  And, painting is nothing like riding a bike.  It always seems to take a few models to get my mojo back.

On the children aspect my daughter is now 16 months old and although I've much less hobby time I've learnt to use my time much more effectively (for everything not just hobbying). It's just been a case of having my pieces to work on close to hand (in a cupboard though as they can be quite dangerous) so I can pick them up and have a quick 30mins/hour of hobby time whilst she has a sleep for example.

Of course though for the first three months I didn't do anything other than try and work out baby stuff. 

I have managed to get my 2000pt Bloodbound done since her birth, not get divorced and get a pass for the Warlords event. 

Yeah congrats to all the new moms and dads!

a side benefit to your sweet little time drains is you have WAY less time to yourself, so you learn to paint faster. Then you start to learn tricks to doing it faster and better.

Archived