Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

56 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I think they likely stay the same (model wise). However, as someone pointed out earlier, GW could feasibly change things up since Arkhan's body was destroyed. GW could have him remade into a more OBR style and then both Mannfred & Neferata could have their own unique model / mount. I could see this actually being a thing since currently the three are so similar looking (mount wise). However the main thing that keeps me from thinking this will actually happen is that these models really aren't that old.

Honestly I hardly believe that gdubs would do such a thing but then again it would not be the first time they get me so who knows. 
As for their rules i guess they could see some revamping, they were changed once already for a new book so i guess some minor changes are quite probable

3 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I think they likely stay the same (model wise). However, as someone pointed out earlier, GW could feasibly change things up since Arkhan's body was destroyed. GW could have him remade into a more OBR style and then both Mannfred & Neferata could have their own unique model / mount. I could see this actually being a thing since currently the three are so similar looking (mount wise). However the main thing that keeps me from thinking this will actually happen is that these models really aren't that old.

They could have arkhan remade as something different, or they could leave him dead forever, but I won't believe either unless we see new models for Manny and Nef.  So far though, there's no confirmation on that front either way.

11 minutes ago, Sception said:

They could have arkhan remade as something different, or they could leave him dead forever, but I won't believe either unless we see new models for Manny and Nef.  So far though, there's no confirmation on that front either way.

This. Also: Manny, Nef and Arkhan are made from one mold form. Those forms cost a LOT of money to make. Taking Arkhan's model away would invalidate the mold form and GW would have to make a new one just for Manny and Nef and I can't see GW taking those costs if they aren't updating  all three mortarchs. 

Last I heard, they had a new way of more cheaply making more short term molds with the purpose of more temporary releases.  I could easily believe that end times stuff was being retired and replaced (or not replaced), but I'd need to actually see some evidence first.

Yes that kit is fairly new in Gdubs kit years but I really don't think it's making them that much $$ anymore so I could definitely see new kits for each. 

Mortarch are pretty important characters so I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Hell, one of those Underworlds vamps looks like it was a tryout for a new Manny as is. 

Edited by Vasshpit

4 hours ago, Sception said:

Do you have a source for Nef and Manfred staying the same?  I don't at all expect them to change, but as far as I know it isn't confirmed yet.  

We have as 20? Kits from the end of times era,and from those 0 kits have been remade,and only 1 kit have been deleted(the high elf fliying  model with ome hawk"calandra" in spanish)

So it is pretty 100% sure that nef and manfref wont be deleted,and following the history is 100% for sure also that they wont be remade as nothing have been in their era.

I would be happy if every mortarch is deleted and we get to vlad as our centerpiece,but it is 99% likely that nothing gonna change

14 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

With that in mind I would say you can get the Skeleton Horde box if you think you will still be happy with those models and extra bits even if the sculpts are updated. The absolute best way to start a Gravelords army would probably be to get the just released Warhammer Quest: Cursed City, which will give you 10 new sculpt Skeletons, 10 new sculpt Zombies, 6 bat swarms, 6 rat swarms and several heroes. It is hard to get hold of at the moment, though. It just went on preorder and is currently sold out. You could try to pick up the new Gravelords Underworlds warband that launches this weekend, too. It's basically 4 Vampire Lords.

Just a word of caution the bat swarm goes on 25s and the rat swarm 32s.  Neither shows up in the AoS cross-over warscroll book.   To be honest I’m feeling a little kick to the gut here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evil Bob said:

Just a word of caution the bat swarm goes on 25s and the rat swarm 32s.  Neither shows up in the AoS cross-over warscroll book.   To be honest I’m feeling a little kick to the gut here.

This was confirmed weeks before release via one of the many CC posts on FB by the official AoS page. No AoS warscroll for bats or rats. You can use them as proxies or whatever of course. 

3 hours ago, Doko said:

We have as 20? Kits from the end of times era,and from those 0 kits have been remade

There is always a first.  I agree that replacing the mortarch kit would be incredibly unlikely, but trends are not the same as confirmation.

24 minutes ago, Btimmy said:

This was confirmed weeks before release via one of the many CC posts on FB by the official AoS page. No AoS warscroll for bats or rats. You can use them as proxies or whatever of course. 

Bat Swarms are on 50mm rounds.  I suppose they can be 3D printed or bought off eBay.  25mm rat swarms even rebased are going to look ridiculous.

Anybody else think it’s weird that each new reveal, like Kritza rat prince and the masked vampire, are mentioned as being from Ulfenkarn and related to Radukar? It may just be typical generic WarCom speak  

I hope there are other bloodlines and areas for vampires to come from in the AoS and the new army book. 

3 hours ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Anybody else think it’s weird that each new reveal, like Kritza rat prince and the masked vampire, are mentioned as being from Ulfenkarn and related to Radukar? It may just be typical generic WarCom speak  

I hope there are other bloodlines and areas for vampires to come from in the AoS and the new army book. 

well, the book is called Soulblight Gravelords, not Vrikos Dinasty or Gravelords from Ulfenkarn so i think we have a fair shot at several bloodlines

56 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

well, the book is called Soulblight Gravelords, not Vrikos Dinasty or Gravelords from Ulfenkarn so i think we have a fair shot at several bloodlines

It wouldn't be the first time. Remember that 7th edition Vampire Counts despite the name was von Carsteins army book

28 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

GW tends to group all their special characters in a single subfaction, so the focus might be on Virkos Bloodline but there are also others around.

Seems likely. Radukar's probably due for separate release so that would be three Vyrgos/Vyrkos special characters but then there will still be Mannfred, Neferata and (probably) Vhordai, who may wind up as representatives of other dynasties in some form. Carstinians, Nulahmians and whatever not-Blood Dragon term Vhordai might receive.

It hadn't occurred to me before but 'Dynasties' is more of a political/cultural term than 'Bloodlines', leaves room for more variability and customisation among vamps.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Seems likely. Radukar's probably due for separate release so that would be three Vyrgos/Vyrkos special characters but then there will still be Mannfred, Neferata and (probably) Vhordai, who may wind up as representatives of other dynasties in some form. Carstinians, Nulahmians and whatever not-Blood Dragon term Vhordai might receive.

It hadn't occurred to me before but 'Dynasties' is more of a political/cultural term than 'Bloodlines', leaves room for more variability and customisation among vamps.

this sounds like the most likely outcome, i concour 

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

this sounds like the most likely outcome, i concour 

SO, whats the thoughts with Crimson Court warscrolls for AoS? By the look of the minis, you'd expect them to be Vampire lords... but, that would mean the war-scrolls would almost certainly be pretty expensive in AoS if they come as a gang of 4 which seems almost certain. If as a conservative estimate they are priced at close to an existing Vamp lord points, were looking at 560pts for all 4. They can and prob will make these vamps slightly underpowered compared to ordinary Vamp lords... which leads me to then consider these possibly being something akin to Blood Knights on foot? If so, is this a one off or is it indicative that we ARE getting such a unit? I am absolutely buying a box if for nothing else cos the models are some of my fave AoS sculpts to date. Thoughts? Have any of the existing underworld AoS warscrolls been remotely worth taking?

1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

SO, whats the thoughts with Crimson Court warscrolls for AoS? By the look of the minis, you'd expect them to be Vampire lords... but, that would mean the war-scrolls would almost certainly be pretty expensive in AoS if they come as a gang of 4 which seems almost certain. If as a conservative estimate they are priced at close to an existing Vamp lord points, were looking at 560pts for all 4. They can and prob will make these vamps slightly underpowered compared to ordinary Vamp lords... which leads me to then consider these possibly being something akin to Blood Knights on foot? If so, is this a one off or is it indicative that we ARE getting such a unit? I am absolutely buying a box if for nothing else cos the models are some of my fave AoS sculpts to date. Thoughts? Have any of the existing underworld AoS warscrolls been remotely worth taking?

A couple of the Underworlds warbands are actually useful but that is the exception to the rule when it comes to using them in AoS. The lore article released earlier this week seems to indicate that Prince Duvalle has control over the other three:  "It takes a powerful, commanding presence to keep one vampire under your influence, let alone three. Luckily Prince Duvalle is an expert at manipulating his fellow hunters." So based on this I wouldn't think that they are four independent Vampire Lords, it also specifically says that  Vellas von Faine does not wield magic and kind of indicates that Ennias Curse-born might not either. So it is possible that Prince Duvalle is the only true Vampire Lord and the other three are lesser Vampires, similar to Blood Knights on foot. I do not know that we can take this as indication of anything to come, but I would love foot Vampire units!

Now for the actual warscrolls, lets take a look at Cursed City, the keywords and a lot of the stats are basically just LoN carry overs, this is likely because Cursed City was supposed to come out sometime last year, well before Gravelords. However the Crimson Court is very interesting to me, because these guys (and gal) were obviously planned for the new season of Underworlds which was presumably not planned to come out as early as Cursed City. So it is possible that the warscrolls for the Crimson Court were written based off of Garvelords. HOWEVER, that also assumes Gravelords data was written prior to the Crimson Court. So in summary, COVID has messed things up so bad BUT we should be able to see the warscrolls later today when they go up for preorder in New Zealand 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, warhammernerd said:

I AM BEYOND HYPE FOR THESE> perhaps even more than cursed city... which I might have bought two copies of....lol

I would say set your expectation pretty low for their warscrolls. HOWEVER they are still badass models that, at a minimum will make really great Vampire Lord proxies 

• Like 2