Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Hmm. Interesting. Not sure if this makes it an easier or harder decision? I do kinda wish GW had the balls to release points and warscrolls ahead of release rather than bait all the SGL players with tantalising new units which may or may not be worthwhile. Yes, that would poss take a chunk of sales off them but it feels a bit more upfront.

That said, I think I’m still gonna pick up a copy, and actually quite like the idea of running a cohort of Cursed City Characters in AoS. 🤞🏻 

Really fecking hope we get to see some warscrolls  tonight...

Edited by warhammernerd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Leakd points for Cursed City:
Skeleton warriors (10/40): 80/280 points - Battleline
Zombies (10/60): 60/320 points - Battleline
Gorslav (leader), Radukar (leader), Torgillus (leader), Halgrim (leader), Kosargi Nightward (2),Vyrkos bloodborn (3) and Vargskyr: 680  - All unique

Where is this leak from?

I got in my wassap group the pic of the page with points as i guess more people got,as it is true.

Btw bat swarm and rats arent there,maybe free sumon,a special hero pet as the gryfon of castellant or....the usual faill of gw and gonna be faqed to add.

Also seeing as the zombi and skeletons are out of the pack i get the idea that nothing in this box(out of these two units) gonna have separate kit and gonna only be a cursed city model doing them useless for me.

Also it is interesting see how zombis are only 60 and skeletons 80 . I hoped more expensive with the new kits,but then we need any elite unit,new grave guard?(no way they redo zombi and skeletons and dont change grave guard if they dont delete the unit) or maybe the vampires on foot?

2 hours ago, Sception said:

No word on the bats & rats yet?

As @Doko said, they don't appear in the table of points.

1 hour ago, warhammernerd said:

Where is this leak from?

Pic from Pitched Battle Profiles table from the Cursed City. Still waiting for warscroll pics... 😭

8 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Reckon skelebobs will be upgraded to nearer Graveguard power and the two units effective rolled into one another, and Zombies will do as they were supposed to all along get in the way, multiply and never stay down.

I think they would have decreased the unit size of skeletons if that were the case. The only other shock troop type unit that comes up to 40s are stormvermin I think. I'm thinking they will be pretty much the same unit and grave guard will either get a new sculpt or have their role filled by something else.

However It‘s important to note that the Skeletons are labeled „Skeleton Warriors“ in the points leak (it‘s a photo of the points page, so this is no mistake). The official SGL names is supposed to be „Deathrattle Skeletons“. This brings others and me to the conclusion that the SGL Battletome will rename and rewrite some Warscrolls. (Since Cursed city seems to have always been planned to release before SGL).

Maybe the cursed city Death heroes will be split up once our BT launches.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

However It‘s important to note that the Skeletons are labeled „Skeleton Warriors“ in the points leak (it‘s a photo of the points page, so this is no mistake). The official SGL names is supposed to be „Deathrattle Skeletons“. This brings others and me to the conclusion that the SGL Battletome will rename and rewrite some Warscrolls. (Since Cursed city seems to have always been planned to release before SGL).

Maybe the cursed city Death heroes will be split up once our BT launches.

It's also very possible due to the way schedules worked out that cursed city was supposed to release much earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if half the warscrolls are rewritten for the book. Besides, unless you're playing death right now in the pandemic it doesn't really matter till the book comes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sception said:

No word on the bats & rats yet?

Bats and rats not getting an aos warscroll. I read that from the official aos Facebook page as a comment on one of the endless threads about cursed city. 

1 hour ago, Btimmy said:

Bats and rats not getting an aos warscroll. I read that from the official aos Facebook page as a comment on one of the endless threads about cursed city. 

Booo.  Bat swarms at least already have rules, but I was looking forward to the rat swarms, particularly alongside Kritza.  Hopefully the Battletome adds them then.

I never really intended to run the Cursed City models as anything but ‘counts as’ anyways, so the requirement to run them together or not at all doesn’t impact me. Unless they don’t give us like units in the new book, but I can’t see us not having skellies, zombies, and bats of some kind. 

1 hour ago, Btimmy said:

Woohoo new moulder rat swarms! More-more rats for the horned god Yes-yes

• Like 1

I wonder if they bothered to coordinate the warscrolls and points in the Cursed city booklet with the soulblight gravelords official tome, or if these are just a stop gap until the battletome comes out.  Please oh please here's hoping GW did a bit more planning and work than usual , and actually coordinated between departments. As opposed to their usual treatment of AOS warscrolls from other games (underworlds I'm looking at you). 

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

here's hoping

You know what they say about the road to disappointment...

As for rat swarms, I'm guessing they don't want to tread on the toes of the skaven with those. We might see rats sculpted in a similar style in a future skaven release, which would be fantastic.

Warscrolls are up. Looks like all the Death stuff is based on current LoN book (keywords etc). Skeletons and Zombies are exactly the same. So it is very possible that this is just a filler until Soulblight Gravelords officially comes out.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-Quest-Cursed-City-EN-2021

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Warscrolls are up. Looks like all the Death stuff is based on current LoN book (keywords etc). Skeletons and Zombies are exactly the same. So it is very possible that this is just a filler until Soulblight Gravelords officially comes out.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-Quest-Cursed-City-EN-2021

They‘re solid :)

Edit: It makes me hope that we might get a Vargskyr unit of 3 for SGL

Edited by JackStreicher

Very useful the command ability of Gorslav.

For other part, according to the abilities of some heroes to heal and return slain summonable models i think that the mechanics of legions of nagash won't change.

Edited by Sartxac
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

Very useful the command ability of Gorslav.

For other part, according to the abilities of some heroes to heal and return slain summonable models i think that the mechanics of legions of nagash won't change.

Yes, he’s tasty. Everything else is either as in for LoN which means that book is legit for a while and SGL isn’t a redo, OR, as mentioned these warscrolls are a carry over stop-gap. Which doesn’t mean they will get a redo come SGL, and they will instead be kinda meh forever more.

• Like 1