Jump to content

Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Make it simpler:

Keep their current stats. Add All Vyrkos Bloodborn special rules and a table of special rules depending on their dynasty.5C06F5EC-17CA-4F61-8CF3-27D07D7EEE45.jpeg.fec87afa2bb49830a4b9c59cb93aadc1.jpeg

 

And then you realize those cool and fun rules have been gutted out the Bloodborn warscrolls...

I don't mind the Shadowfast but the Bloodscent rule should have been thematic on every vampires units...also making hordes of chaff units trying to make one or two wounds just for the big guns vampires to come and finish things...fell bats unit could have then been useful paired with a vargheist one..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Make it simpler:

Keep their current stats. Add All Vyrkos Bloodborn special rules and a table of special rules depending on their dynasty.5C06F5EC-17CA-4F61-8CF3-27D07D7EEE45.jpeg.fec87afa2bb49830a4b9c59cb93aadc1.jpeg

 

It is honestly a real shame the Cursed City Vyrkos Bloodborn got nerfed immediately in the Battletome, along with CC Radukar the Wolf, and CC Vargskyr.  I would almost want to make the hero ball work, but even in a Vyrkos Dynasty list, less than half the models in the hero ball even benefit from being in a Vyrkos list.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, InvkrMainr said:

Hey guys I've been in a coma for 5 years, how are my favourite unit to play with, Black Knights doing?

 

/Jk

Go back to sleep... 😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still don't know what to choose between zombies or skeletons (I ended up preordering none of them). Both have their benefits I know but I like the idea, even if I hate zombies, of making a horde of undead running to the ennemy lines...being wiped out..letting the big units (BK and Vengorians) killing stuff and making the Zombies come back from the Gravesite behind them...

Also, trick question but do Direwolves benefits from the rules affecting Dreadwalkers since they have the keyword on their scroll ?Meaning the -1 to morale, bonus from Vyrkos dynasty, coming back from Gravesite ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Harioch said:

I still don't know what to choose between zombies or skeletons (I ended up preordering none of them). Both have their benefits I know but I like the idea, even if I hate zombies, of making a horde of undead running to the ennemy lines...being wiped out..letting the big units (BK and Vengorians) killing stuff and making the Zombies come back from the Gravesite behind them...

Also, trick question but do Direwolves benefits from the rules affecting Dreadwalkers since they have the keyword on their scroll ?Meaning the -1 to morale, bonus from Vyrkos dynasty, coming back from Gravesite ?

Yes.  Specifically in Vyrkos, Dire Wolves are thematically some of the best, because you can get them to 3+/2+ on a charge when they are with a Vyrkos Vampire.  Belladamma is going to do some serious work in Vyrkos lists.

Edited by Nightseer2012
Clarification
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Yes.  Specifically in Vyrkos, Dire Wolves are thematically some of the best, because you can get them to 3+/2+ on a charge when they are with a Vyrkos Vampire.  Belladamma is going to do some serious work in Vyrkos lists.

I think Belladama will do some serious work in every list!! xD our only 200 points, 2 spell wizard. Has 2 very nice spells.9 wounds, 10 move,+1 cast/Bann, very resilent with a unit of wolves, and a good attack profile for a more wizard type of Hero.and can summon.

for me: an Auto include in every list

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else despise regularly taking named characters? 

I'll take them once in a while, for the fun of it, but I don't like playing with a character that doesn't feel "mine". 

I want my games to tell the tales of battles of my unique vampire lord, not those of some character I didn't make, didn't come up with lore for and I feel no connection to. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can’t choose between skellies and zombies either for my kastelei list, so I go with dire wolves + Beladama I think. 😁

something like this seems pretty nice and could be competitive too.

Prince V

Vengorian

Belladama

 

2 x 10 Blood Knights

2 x 10 Dire Wolves

Edited by Erdemo86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Anyone else despise regularly taking named characters? 

I'll take them once in a while, for the fun of it, but I don't like playing with a character that doesn't feel "mine". 

I want my games to tell the tales of battles of my unique vampire lord, not those of some character I didn't make, didn't come up with lore for and I feel no connection to. 

That's mostly me, but I'll make an exception for a really nice model, especially if I can come up with a lore reason they would be helping my personalized army out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

Anyone else despise regularly taking named characters? 

I'll take them once in a while, for the fun of it, but I don't like playing with a character that doesn't feel "mine". 

I want my games to tell the tales of battles of my unique vampire lord, not those of some character I didn't make, didn't come up with lore for and I feel no connection to. 

If the named character is really important to how the list plays, I like to have "my" characters be the ones beneath them in hierarchy. For example in a Legion of Blood-List, I had my Vampire Couple who have a ton of backstory be part of Neferata's army and played them as a VLoZD and a Coven Throne with Neferata being the general. If all leader slots are taken by named, you can e.g. put them as Unit Champion and Musician or some such for Blood Knights, for example. Only because they are your most beloved doesn't mean that they have to necessarily lead. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like some opinions on this i think is what i am going to build to start with and play with friends since i almost have everything, what do you think?


Kastelai

1 Vodrai  455
1 Manfred 380 ( possibility to pick from lore of the deathmages)
1 Vengorian Lord 280 -Rousing commander( the one that grants kastelai buffs) (Fragment of the keep -1 wound 6") -1 rend 3"

1.115

5 blood 195 ( since wolves are battleline i could do one unit 10)
5 blood 195
5 blood 195

585

10 wolves 135
3 vargheist 155


1990

The idea of the list is basically that i am tired of horde armies.

Vodrai i think everyone agrees is a beast , he can combo really nice with manfred CP ( +1/+1) also he can combo really well with Vengorian spell (+1 wound to a unit marked), debuf (-1 rend -1 wound from the artifact) and also great with the CP +1d6 to heal, also all of them (manfred included) , if are inside the bubble of manfred CP gain +1/+1 and on top of that you can even use Vodrai CP to make this or Manfred attack in hero phase etc.. 

Then we have the bloods not sure if its worth 1 unit of 10 or 3 units of 5 , but they will have to be playing around the other 3 vampires, in order to take advantages of the buffs or debuffs  etc... you can use the ambush on them from kastelai etc... and they could make really good pushes and then leave the combat to pick up objectives behind enemy lines...

10 wolves , for screen... pick up objectives and if it killed you could proc the endless legions thing to get another unit of 5 wolves on the table at 5+ ( if you don't kill a unit that turn) 

the 3 vargheist are there for more or less the same as wolves but they take advantages of kastelai , you can deploy them at 9" or more than enemy , they can be very annoying in general.

In general is a high mobility list with a lot of +3 save that on top of that are applying debuffs and buffing themselves and almost everything heals 1d3 if kills something.

Being used to my 80 chainrasp , i kind of see almost no bodies on table but i really like this list , not sure if it will be a piece of ****** or not... but i really like it.

I was also thinking about the coven throne but.. i think vengorian lord is really nice with vodrai and manfred already gives the +1/+1 also the coven is not a good hitter and the vengorian is not that bad.

What do you think about it? any ideas to improve it etc.. are more than welcome.



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

Anyone else despise regularly taking named characters? 

I'll take them once in a while, for the fun of it, but I don't like playing with a character that doesn't feel "mine". 

I want my games to tell the tales of battles of my unique vampire lord, not those of some character I didn't make, didn't come up with lore for and I feel no connection to. 

You can always change their name! Think of what GW provides as merely a suggestion.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zaerion said:

I would like some opinions on this i think is what i am going to build to start with and play with friends since i almost have everything, what do you think?


Kastelai

1 Vodrai  455
1 Manfred 380 ( possibility to pick from lore of the deathmages)
1 Vengorian Lord 280 -Rousing commander( the one that grants kastelai buffs) (Fragment of the keep -1 wound 6") -1 rend 3"

1.115

5 blood 195 ( since wolves are battleline i could do one unit 10)
5 blood 195
5 blood 195

585

10 wolves 135
3 vargheist 155


1990

The idea of the list is basically that i am tired of horde armies.

Vodrai i think everyone agrees is a beast , he can combo really nice with manfred CP ( +1/+1) also he can combo really well with Vengorian spell (+1 wound to a unit marked), debuf (-1 rend -1 wound from the artifact) and also great with the CP +1d6 to heal, also all of them (manfred included) , if are inside the bubble of manfred CP gain +1/+1 and on top of that you can even use Vodrai CP to make this or Manfred attack in hero phase etc.. 

Then we have the bloods not sure if its worth 1 unit of 10 or 3 units of 5 , but they will have to be playing around the other 3 vampires, in order to take advantages of the buffs or debuffs  etc... you can use the ambush on them from kastelai etc... and they could make really good pushes and then leave the combat to pick up objectives behind enemy lines...

10 wolves , for screen... pick up objectives and if it killed you could proc the endless legions thing to get another unit of 5 wolves on the table at 5+ ( if you don't kill a unit that turn) 

the 3 vargheist are there for more or less the same as wolves but they take advantages of kastelai , you can deploy them at 9" or more than enemy , they can be very annoying in general.

In general is a high mobility list with a lot of +3 save that on top of that are applying debuffs and buffing themselves and almost everything heals 1d3 if kills something.

Being used to my 80 chainrasp , i kind of see almost no bodies on table but i really like this list , not sure if it will be a piece of ****** or not... but i really like it.

I was also thinking about the coven throne but.. i think vengorian lord is really nice with vodrai and manfred already gives the +1/+1 also the coven is not a good hitter and the vengorian is not that bad.

What do you think about it? any ideas to improve it etc.. are more than welcome.



 

I love it. I’ll be running “the same”. 1700 minus the vargheists and wolves. Still contemplating the 300pts. 
 

Another Vengorian lord, more BK, what You have, skeles, zombies, wolves? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’ve got ten black knights I never built when I was looking to jump into Nighthaunt a while back.  What does everyone think about building them as Hexwraiths and allying them in now that we have seen the Black Knight warscroll.  
 

I’ve also got a Black Coach (because it’s gorgeous) and am having trouble deciding between using it as a Black Coach ally or doing some conversion work with the new Vampire Lord and turning it into a Coven Throne.  
 

Opinions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

image.png.383635d74cc37c6a724dad2f3cbf9279.png

You & me both, buddy.

Gonna be a rough couple weeks for Sception's bank account.

That sucks man.  I’ve been in your spot, phones seem to die at the worst possible times.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Aren73 said:

I want my games to tell the tales of battles of my unique vampire lord, not those of some character I didn't make, didn't come up with lore for and I feel no connection to.

Well, you are spoiled for choice with 3/9 Vampires being unnamed characters without any options 🥲

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

My 15 Black Knights are sad. I hope they're priced accordingly points wise so I can still get some use out of them.

In my opinion they should be basically mounted Grave Guard, I was hoping they'd get a little buff.

120 pts per 5

They‘re not worth the plastic they‘re made of. Sorry mate 🥺
I‘ve got 20 of them + 5 pre-AoS conversions which I am going to sell I think. Needles to say that I am angry.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

You can always change their name! Think of what GW provides as merely a suggestion.

Ah nah not for me, after all the models are also a suggestion and we could be instead playing with cans of beans and shot glasses for armies. 

Just feels silly. That's definitely not Mannfred no, it fights like Mannfred and looks like Mannfred but it's actually my unique vampire, WomanFred! 

GW's characters are theirs, they made the lore for them, rules for them and models for them, I'm not going to trample over that, I respect that. I just want lots of options for me to customise a new character.

Little brings more joy to me in this hobby than making lore for a character, then kitbashing a custom model for it, painting it and putting together rules for it. The putting together rules bit is as much part of the creative process as the rest. 

It's why I got so excited at the Anvil stuff, somehow I missed it the first time around.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

My 15 Black Knights are sad. I hope they're priced accordingly points wise so I can still get some use out of them.

In my opinion they should be basically mounted Grave Guard, I was hoping they'd get a little buff.

I have been looking into how to ge any use out of them, but it's just tough. 

They do slightky better damage than dire wolves both on the charge and off, but it's just not really worth losing out on 5 bodies and 10 wounds for.

Best use case I can come up with is to take one unit of 5 in Legion of Blood to fill battleline. The one upside they have is that you can resurrect three of their models (so their full command group) with Endless Legions. They also keep their 1d3 mortals on the charge regardless of unit size.

But yeah, currently they are not good. Best use is to proxy them as Dire Wolves in friendly games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Ah nah not for me, after all the models are also a suggestion and we could be instead playing with cans of beans and shot glasses for armies. 

Just feels silly. That's definitely not Mannfred no, it fights like Mannfred and looks like Mannfred but it's actually my unique vampire, WomanFred! 

 

With all of his jumping out of combat, you could call him Mannfrog, the mortarch of Fright....

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...