Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

I'd love to buy Cursed City but no way I can justify the costs right now as it's inevitably gonna be £100+. Also, I'm never gonna play the game as my gaming time's limited (when there's no lurgy kicking about) and I like to focus on AoS and 40k. I doubt the models will be worth it in AoS, judging by comparable UW and Warcry rules. I do really like the models though so will probably aim to see if they come up on ebay or something. 

1 hour ago, warhammernerd said:

So, whose buying cursed city and crimson court and when do we reckon Soulblight book is gonna drop?

I'm still betting on May to early June at the latest with the April Preview revealing the rest of the line.

Cursed City's probably very close (might be a two-week pre-order) then there's Broken Realms III. It's possible BR4 will come out before Soulblight, but that seems unlikely when we only have a name and will presumably come with more models than BR3 (which is looking just like Bely).

Underworlds warbands rarely have a week all to themselves, so will probably be slotted in somewhere.

Elsewhere there's only the Cawdor stuff for Necromunda and maybe the Mechanicus codex. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 hours ago, warhammernerd said:

So, whose buying cursed city and crimson court and when do we reckon Soulblight book is gonna drop?

Getting people around here to play Cursed City will be tricky, judging on my success with Silvertower... And I need to see a Let’s play first, if it is just St II I‘m not throwing ~125€ at it. My Kickstarter addiction filled up my space with cool Tabletop games.

still digging the general design choices for SB... creepy castlevania freaks and baroque iron clad killers are a dream 

My internal timeline is Cursed City probably around Easter 🐣

Soulblight is hopefully still far out, 6 month...Halloween, 3 month into AoS 3.0 if the stars align 🤩

Edited by Honk

51 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

heard of this anime

Maybe I‘m just old boi, but let me tell you a story of ancient times :

castlevania was one of the first crazy awesome Nintendo games... game boy or classic. From 1986 till now with Lords of Shadows 2 from 2014. the grimdark theme and story (arc) was just great.

In constrast to the usual western style of gothic horror is had a nice eastern anime touch, without going full booby teens frolicking around. But creepy and strange persons, like the clockwork puppetmaster dude, whose name if forgot or the sexy manipulative vamp, to Death and the Devil making appearances.

the anime is quite nice, too

😅

Diverse and well written characters, reasonable acting. Really great franchise imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well now gw have appeased the high elf players short of resurrecting Aenerion, vamps must be next? I know things got heated on the rumour thread but dear god it feels like the last year aside from that other thing lrl just won’t let up!  Tyrion hasn’t showed up yet either 😅🔫

So for anyone wanting to read a summary of the narrative in BR: Teclis, scroll to the bottom of this article:
https://spruesandbrews.com/2021/03/27/broken-realms-teclis-and-new-lumineth-realm-lords-battletome-2021-review/

Don't click on my hidden text below if you don't want spoilers from BR Teclis and my thoughts on how it may effect Soulblight

Spoiler

So it sounds like both Arkhan and Nagash are "destroyed" in the sense that they will need to be recuperating for some time to regain their power/strength. ALSO, Nagash's nine books were destroyed AND on top of that, it appears Nerferata and Mannfred are trying to backstab each other. ALL of this combined, I wonder if we see Soulblight Gravelords fill the Death void of power now that Arkhan and Nagash are in remission, so to speak. With Nagash's nine books destroyed I wonder if this weakens his hold on the Soulblight? I am VERY interested to see how things unfold for our Vampires!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So for anyone wanting to read a summary

Didn’t get to the lore yet, I fainted to the unimaginable heights of furry fanboy Mary Sue cheese...

so many core rules tossed... into the wind 🥴🤢🤮

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So for anyone wanting to read a summary of the narrative in BR: Teclis, scroll to the bottom of this article:
https://spruesandbrews.com/2021/03/27/broken-realms-teclis-and-new-lumineth-realm-lords-battletome-2021-review/

Don't click on my hidden text below if you don't want spoilers from BR Teclis and my thoughts on how it may effect Soulblight

Reveal hidden contents

So it sounds like both Arkhan and Nagash are "destroyed" in the sense that they will need to be recuperating for some time to regain their power/strength. ALSO, Nagash's nine books were destroyed AND on top of that, it appears Nerferata and Mannfred are trying to backstab each other. ALL of this combined, I wonder if we see Soulblight Gravelords fill the Death void of power now that Arkhan and Nagash are in remission, so to speak. With Nagash's nine books destroyed I wonder if this weakens his hold on the Soulblight? I am VERY interested to see how things unfold for our Vampires!

Spoiler

I think this makes Nagash 0/4 in the lore. Nice. Gotta love when GW makes a god who literally does nothing but lose to other characters.
For the curious:
1. Sigmar chases him down and smashes him.

2. Archaon stabs him.

3. Skaven mess up his Necroquake.

4. Teclis jobs him here. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Btimmy said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

I think this makes Nagash 0/4 in the lore. Nice. Gotta love when GW makes a god who literally does nothing but lose to other characters.
For the curious:
1. Sigmar chases him down and smashes him.

2. Archaon stabs him.

3. Skaven mess up his Necroquake.

4. Teclis jobs him here. 

Spoiler

Nagash creates a huge vortex of death energy in the center of Shyish, empowering his forces in the Prime Innerlands (previously one of the safer regions for the living)
raises the dead all over the realms and gifts him a completely new Legion with the Nighthaunt

Frees Katakros from Sigmars prison and releases the Ossiarch Bonereapers, which proceed to build their own empire and completly stomp on many cities of Order

Retakes BOTH sides of the Shyish Arc-Way and establish a permanent base inside the Eight-Points 

DEATH got alot out of this era. 

24 minutes ago, El Syf said:

we aren’t self righteous entitled

Welllll... maayyybeeee... whatever, Nagash uses Avatars anyway and also winning gets boring (as BBEG you only need to win once, sooo)

Lore is one thing, but the rules also sound like the great Matt Ward returned to bring back the spiritual liege, pointy ears edition. If the circle of corruption finally revolves, I‘m mighty interested how those wrecking balls are priced. Since all vamps will be -2 to hit with 4+ ward I‘m not concerned

but all this auto-hits and auto-casts with run&charge and flying pile in, what are other armies supposed to excel in? Denying CAs... 🤡

being tough? With all the rend and 2+ hitting and mortals how are you suppose to weather the storm?

being fast? If you can‘t fly high, your too slow

damage output? Tricky if the unit can pile OUT of combat

I‘m masochistically interested 🤐

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gecktron said:
  Hide contents

Nagash creates a huge vortex of death energy in the center of Shyish, empowering his forces in the Prime Innerlands (previously one of the safer regions for the living)
raises the dead all over the realms and gifts him a completely new Legion with the Nighthaunt

Frees Katakros from Sigmars prison and releases the Ossiarch Bonereapers, which proceed to build their own empire and completly stomp on many cities of Order

Retakes BOTH sides of the Shyish Arc-Way and establish a permanent base inside the Eight-Points 

DEATH got alot out of this era. 

Creation of a new army is not a win, its an excuse to sell models. I am talking about actual head to heads with other lore characters. 

1 minute ago, Btimmy said:

Creation of a new army is not a win, its an excuse to sell models. I am talking about actual head to heads with other lore characters. 

But  Skaven doing something to the Pyramide (not to Nagash!) is a loss?
If you only count character interactions, he easily beat Morathi during the Age of Myth. He also ate almost all Death Gods in Shyish (even during the Age of Sigmar as shown in a Malign Portents story). He imprisoned Ushoran and made Katakros surrender to him trough his sheer presence. 

1 minute ago, Btimmy said:

talking about actual head to heads with other lore characters. 

Since the other Saturday morning villain Abaddon the Armless is in vacation, I mean Archaon the Once Victorious...

maybe they’ll do an „Old Man Archaon“ where he gets off his rocking chair and gestures like the geezer from the „up“ movie.

they’re just too almighty too fast with their lore... everything is Endgame style. But I guess that’s sales optimization 

hopefully kinky girl/boy/thing gets rolling, this Kragnos thing (I was hoping for Chaosdwarves) will do stuff...

if nobody else has a vision or ambition, bonedaddy has to manage the threatlevel himself 

• Like 1