Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

1 hour ago, Boar said:

Or waiting until book comes out😉, maybe warcom team shortened/modified text a bit.

This is the answer. We've learned numerous times that you can't take what the WarCom team says as fact. That's not to say they're intentionally misleading us, just that they aren't always in the know of what's actually gonna happen (ex. Curse City).

So the warscroll cards previewed on Sunday show Command Point tokens, Gravesites and three new / unique buffs?

-"Reanimated Horrors -1 Bravery" no idea what this could be, obviously a debuff but Reanimated Horrors seems like it would be something like Skeletons or Zombies healing. Maybe an enemy unit near a Skeleton or Zombie unit that heals gets a debuff as they see their recently slain friends rise from the dead to fight them?

-"Vial of Pre Blood" some sort of buff token that Heroes have? Perhaps this replaces the D6 heal chalice?

-"Swift and Deadly" possibly a run and charge buff? and if so, then oh boy oh boy. Run and Charge Blood Knights are going to be awesome.

Edited by BaylorCorvette

2 minutes ago, Boar said:

Don't they also have artifacts and command traits on those? If so maybe some of that actually

Good question. Only warscroll cards I have that come with tokens was Blades of Khorne and I bought it used and the person didn't include those. So I actually have no idea what GW includes in those tokens.

15 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

New BK seems to be amazing. It´s a pity their base size, they´re like ossiarch cavalry and big units are soo god. 

I´m so excited with this army.

Yeah I’m bummed about base sizes. I recently finished 5 of the Finecast ones to a decent quality and they are on the standard 60mm by 35 cav. Really am not going to rebase because they’re pinned down and all - if worse comes to worse if someone needs to face mine on 75s then I can slap them on top but for most games shouldn’t matter so much...

If rebasing from smaller to larger bases, one thing that can work is trimming off the rim of the base, filing the bottom flat with a large rasp or just rubbing it on a sanding block or big piece of course sandpaper, and then glueing or plastic cementing it right on top of the larger base.  Fill in out to the new edge with some extra basing and you're good to go.  You might need a spot of greenstuff to smooth the transition, but I find some extra texture paint / basing material's usually good enough.

• Like 2

Will Morghasts be in this army too?  I always liked those but not a big fan of the Bonereapers.  I'm interested in this army as my first Death army.  Those new vamp models are super slick!  Also liking the potential for some werewolf choices.  Gotta practice some new painting techniques.

• Like 1

Morghasts are not expected to be in the battletome, and will likely not be available to the main Soulblight Gravelord dynasty subfactions.

There may be an additional subfaction/allegiance ruleset for nagashii legions / grand alliance: death, which may or may not have access to morghasts & stuff from other death factions, but at the moment there's not a lot of clarity about it.

10 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

is a vampire lord on zombie Dragon better than Prince Vhordrai? im duscussing with a friend now,

Currently depends on your list and subfaction.  In the new book, it depends on the rules for VLoZD, Vhordrai, and the rest of the faction, which we won't know till a week from saturday.  Or more likely whenever the full rules leak some time middle of next week.

5 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

oh youre right he will get a new warscroll. Can a named char like Vhordrai take a battle trait? i know you cant take an artefact.

Named characters cannot take a command trait nor an artefact. 

In Legions of Nagash I personally preferred a VLoZD over Vhordrai, especially in Legion of Blood where strangely Vhordrai didn't have the necessary keyword to get more attacks like the normal VLoZD and Blood Knights. I suspect when they update the warscrolls, Vhordrai will have the appropriate keywords. I assume he either provides buffs in the Kastelai Dynasty or something, since he is their leader. However I have always preferred the non named Heroes in AoS due to the fact that I can give them Command Traits and Artefacts, thus effectively creating my own named character.

One thing I've been thinking about, I wonder if the leaders of each Bloodline (Mannfred, Neferata, Vhordrai, etc) will be exclusive to their own Bloodline, like they ONLY have their Bloodline keyword, similar to Katakros. I'd be OK with that. What I hope GW does NOT do is like in the current Legions of Sacrement, Night and Blood, you cannot take a leader of another Legion / Bloodline unless you ALSO take the leader of the Bloodline you're using. So for instance I hope we can use Mannfred in Kastelai without Vhordrai, but maybe Mannfred does not get the Kastelai Dynasty keyword.

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

Currently depends on your list and subfaction.  In the new book, it depends on the rules for VLoZD, Vhordrai, and the rest of the faction, which we won't know till a week from saturday.  Or more likely whenever the full rules leak some time middle of next week.

We should know everything this Saturday when GMG reads the rules word for word 😃

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

is a vampire lord on zombie Dragon better than Prince Vhordrai? im duscussing with a friend now,

Since ethereal amulet went the way of the dodo I would say not, Vhordrai also hits harder but yeah S others have said probably all going to change on Saturday.

I think I might start just buying battletomes to read the lore and study the rules.  At least it would help me churn about strategies when I play against armies, but then (like with this army) I'd probably end up trying them out over time too.  

Maybe the Gravelords can take some Morghasts as allies.  That seems plausible.  

• Like 1